phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 09/10/06 05:37 AM Posted 09/10/06 05:37 AM which Dryer is the bestI know this is a long shot being that your blokes and all BUTits time for a new dryer I am after a big one at least 5 kgtell me:- what you have make operation Level of satisfactionthanks shazzy
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 09/10/06 05:40 AM Posted 09/10/06 05:40 AM I will let you know tonight I can not remember what brand we have just got but anita recons it is great so it must be ok and yes I do know how to use it.Ian
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/10/06 05:42 AM Posted 09/10/06 05:42 AM which Dryer is the bestI know this is a long shot being that your blokes and all BUTits time for a new dryer I am after a big one at least 5 kgtell me:- what you have make operation Level of satisfactionthanks shazzy ←What I have: FemaleMake: Kirsty Mk IOperation: whenever necessaryLevel of satisfaction: Highly satisfied! Has a built in iron function as well, highly recommended.Hope this helps.
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 10m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/10/06 05:42 AM Posted 09/10/06 05:42 AM (edited) Make: HomosapienModel: FemaleOperation: Automatic however, often needs to be manually startedLevel of Satisfaction: High,... provided I upgrade every two yearsFeatures: She also cooksPrice: Mind blowing.Edit: Ah, ms700, our minds are alike today Edited 09/10/06 05:43 AM by God666
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/10/06 05:45 AM Posted 09/10/06 05:45 AM Edit: Ah, ms700, our minds are alike today ←It appears our dryers are alike as well!
replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 10m 25d Posted 09/10/06 05:53 AM Posted 09/10/06 05:53 AM There are a couple of options...I have an Fisher & Paykel clothes dryer - it's one of the ones that you can hang upside down over the washing machine and has automatic settings that mean you select how dry you want the clothes and leave it to do its thing. It also vents outside so you don't have to put up with the dust or the moisture.Downsides is that they aren't cheap and you have to mount the things as well as duct them outside... and they aren't cheap to run. And the thing is that even with a really good dryer I wouldn't be putting one of my tailored business shirts through them.Now I do have a device called a 'dehumidifier' - this is a device that sucks all the moisture out of the air. They are very common in NZ and Japan due to climate and if you have consistently dry air in a relatively damp climate it prevents mildew, mould and also dust mites (allergies). Some also have a particulate filter than basically filters out dust etc. It is not as quick as a drier but I often hang clothes inside my spare room with the dehumidifier on some clothes racks (often with the shirts on hangers) and most stuff is dry in the morning. Has the advantage of being fairly similar to the natural process of drying and means that you don't get as many creases... which reduces that time required to iron.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/10/06 07:18 AM Posted 09/10/06 07:18 AM I have the F&P auto dryer. I bought it 11 years ago when they were the new best thing. I paid $450 back in 1995 and today the same dryer is still about the $470 mark. I have never had a problem and have moved house and had it mounted or floor standing. I would happily recommend any F&P products as I have never had problems with my washing machine, fridge, dryer and dishwasher.
KittyKatSmack Itty Bitty Kitty Kar Member 859 Member For: 23y 18d Location: on a road near you.... Posted 09/10/06 07:47 AM Posted 09/10/06 07:47 AM Fisher and Paykel for us here too.It is the same model that Ian is talking about above.The auto sensing function means that it will turn off when the stuff is done rather than let it keep going on the timer.Also, you can tumble dry items of clothing that say "do not tumble dry" if you use the low setting.Handy that Good Luck Shazzy
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/10/06 07:58 AM Posted 09/10/06 07:58 AM 'sF&P, auto sensing, chuck them in & press go, take them out when you can't handle the beeping any more.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 09/10/06 08:13 AM Posted 09/10/06 08:13 AM I have a povo pack hoover 5kg..... its just a dial one... but guess what... it also has automatic functions... yes auto functions!!!... my missuss walks up to the machine when clothes are dry... sticks hand into confirm cllothes are dry.... after confirmation, clothes are automatically taken out... then automatically ironed, folded and put into their correct places.... Best bloody hoover I ever had
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now