Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 23/07/06 11:05 AM Posted 23/07/06 11:05 AM Hey guys,Just thought I'd sure my latest Mod..You like??Yes... My Autometer Gauge warentee is gone.. But the fpv rins clip on a treat !!Not going to glue them on personally.Love the Glow in the dark !!Undershot. Sorry bout the blurinessCant wait to fit to my Turbo !!Danny-boy!!
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/07/06 11:10 AM Posted 23/07/06 11:10 AM Very nice mate, should look the goods when fitted.Scotty
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 1d Location: Perth Posted 23/07/06 11:13 AM Posted 23/07/06 11:13 AM Looks very nice!
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 23/07/06 11:14 AM Author Posted 23/07/06 11:14 AM Well, I know it was worth it.. Took me a week to chase down that right angle brass fitting for the boost gauge.. Seems everybody BSB thread, not NPT... GRR Danny.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 23/07/06 11:15 AM Posted 23/07/06 11:15 AM Did you use the original wiring harness?How do they compare to the oem crap?The look to puffy with the rings...
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 23/07/06 11:17 AM Author Posted 23/07/06 11:17 AM Did you use the original wiring harness?How do they compare to the oem crap?The look to puffy with the rings...←No, Made that harness up.Never seen a OEM guage in action to comment. but from what I recall the OEM boost guage does not have PSI markings..Yes. I fitted them using the original Autometer Rings left on, but the diameter is a little too small. Plus, they dont look anywhere near as good as the FPV rings..Danny.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 23/07/06 11:18 AM Posted 23/07/06 11:18 AM Well, I know it was worth it.. Took me a week to chase down that right angle brass fitting for the boost gauge.. Seems everybody BSB thread, not NPT... GRR Danny.←BSPT just to be anal.... British Standard Pipe Thread.National Pipe Thread.Could have got it for you for free....
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 23/07/06 11:22 AM Author Posted 23/07/06 11:22 AM Well, I know it was worth it.. Took me a week to chase down that right angle brass fitting for the boost gauge.. Seems everybody BSB thread, not NPT... GRR Danny.←BSPT just to be anal.... British Standard Pipe Thread.National Pipe Thread.Could have got it for you for free.... ←Yeah. well the chick at reece was cute, but I wouldnt have quoted her on the BSB/BSPT..But yeah. NPT, national pipe thread.. I will keep you in mind for next time :>Danny
TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/07/06 11:35 AM Posted 23/07/06 11:35 AM that looks awesome!!! How the f*ck did you get the rings off the autometer gauges?? I tried but ended up gutting the pod so I could push the gauge further in and mount the fpv one on top.But I like yours so ill try it again.Also I found the illumination was too bright after my install, so I mounted a simple dimmer under the tissue box out of sight. Now it matches the dash PERFECTLY. Like ford put them there. Im also about to start work on a subtle single A pillar pod using the same fpv cup and ring as well. ill post up with the results.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 23/07/06 11:40 AM Author Posted 23/07/06 11:40 AM that looks awesome!!! How the f*ck did you get the rings off the autometer gauges?? I tried but ended up gutting the pod so I could push the gauge further in and mount the fpv one on top.But I like yours so ill try it again.Also I found the illumination was too bright after my install, so I mounted a simple dimmer under the tissue box out of sight. Now it matches the dash PERFECTLY. Like ford put them there. Im also about to start work on a subtle single A pillar pod using the same fpv cup and ring as well. ill post up with the results.←from the back side of the guage, using a flat blade screwdriver lifted the lip all the way around so its no longer "crimped".. The original ring will then come off (with a bit of effort depending on how good you lifted the lip..)I then got the glass, and glued them to the fpv rings..Because of the position of the guage in the pods, the FPV rings clip nicely on in place.I'm running the illumination to the dim line from behind the "spotlight" switch.. that way it will dim with the dash dim.Ohh, the Pillar using fpv pod will look great !!Danny.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now