Wa Speed Nazi's

Ninka

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 3d
Hey Guys,

Can someone help me? What are you talking about?

What are points?

why don't you just drive on the open road where there are no speed limits?

What's a double point weekend?

:laughing:

I love the NT.....

how about you have a nice big fat warm frothy cup of STFU !!!!!!! :tease:

you lucky bas*ard hahaha :Imwifhim:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 1m 12d
It was a sad day sixfan when I had to hand over my NT licence. Boy though did I have some fun with interstate cops, whilst I had it.

On a serious note, look at the yearly and holdiay stats on road deaths, now I know NT has a lot less people travelling, but those that do travel alot of kilometres. I think you will find that they are the lowest just about every time, including ACT.

I dont think it is speeding that is killing our drivers, and I know the government knows this to. Still a healthy budget gets them reelected.

Scotty

You cant compare NT open highway rules to any of the other states.. Of course speed has everything to do with it. So does a lapse in concentration and people being given their licenses to easily.

I still dont know why people get so upset over the 'no speeding or youll cop a fine rule'.. If you speed, live with the bloody consequences..

I do.

Why can't you compare the NT to other states?

I think the major difference with our roads is the shear volume of cars their highways see, Ive never seen 150k of banked traffic in th NT, unlike the F3.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 23d

I saw the article yesterday in the paper as well :laughing: boring........

Only last week I received a letter from the traffic support group and Department of Attorney General indication their cancellation notice of a traffic camera infringement.

That's #3 for me :Imwifhim:

• Member For: 19y 10m 18d
I saw the article yesterday in the paper as well  :laughing: boring........

Only last week I received a letter from the traffic support group and Department of Attorney General indication their cancellation notice of a traffic camera infringement.

That's #3 for me  :Imwifhim:

Good for you................On what basis?

• Donating Members
I saw the article yesterday in the paper as well  :sleepystuff: boring........

That's #3 for me  :laughing:

Good for you................On what basis?

PM sent.

• Member For: 19y 1m 30d
It was a sad day sixfan when I had to hand over my NT licence. Boy though did I have some fun with interstate cops, whilst I had it.

On a serious note, look at the yearly and holdiay stats on road deaths, now I know NT has a lot less people travelling, but those that do travel alot of kilometres. I think you will find that they are the lowest just about every time, including ACT.

I dont think it is speeding that is killing our drivers, and I know the government knows this to. Still a healthy budget gets them reelected.

Scotty

You cant compare NT open highway rules to any of the other states.. Of course speed has everything to do with it. So does a lapse in concentration and people being given their licenses to easily.

I still dont know why people get so upset over the 'no speeding or youll cop a fine rule'.. If you speed, live with the bloody consequences..

I do.

Because of the volume of cars on the road, the huge amount of mountains, twisties, sh*tty highways and blackspots we have in most other states.

That is why.

• Donating Members
Latest news here in the land of WA

Road Safety Commission have come up with another brilliant idea :sleepystuff:

Who is Grant Dorrington anyway? What gives him the qualifications to make judgements and stratagies for road safety initiatives? The guy wasn't much of a footy player and it looks like his footy skill have been carried over to this role.

I'm scynical of road safety councils who never have profesional drivers, driving educators or race car drivers contributing to policies. Most are just beaurocrats.

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 6d

Scotty

I do.

Because of the volume of cars on the road, the huge amount of mountains, twisties, sh*tty highways and blackspots we have in most other states.

That is why.

OK

but there are vast tracts of WA (and SA for that matter) which are pretty similar to the NT.

My piont being, book drivers who are driving in a manner that's unsafe, not for 15 kph over the "limit" on a razor straight hwy with next to 0 traffic.

You can get booked up here in an unlimited zone, just try doing 180 in the rain in a old sh1tbox car.....

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 2d

And that's they way speed should be enforced, by taking into account the state of the vehicle and the road conditions - much like the country copper way that used to exist.

In built up areas then fair enough, but in isolated areas on good roads with minimal traffic travelling at 100km/h is more dangerous than travelling faster due to the fatigue and boredom factor.

What does ruin it for us though is the idiots that get kicks out of racing on suburban streets. They are the pr!cks that should be locked up!