lightning_strike Member 78 Member For: 21y 1m 23d Posted 12/01/06 02:46 AM Posted 12/01/06 02:46 AM Heya peoples. Just curious what minor quality issues irritate you with your car. On my BA mark 2:- fit of quarter panels. Panel gaps are uneven and inconsistent- rubber seals on back door come off- plastic covers over front seat mounts come off (ended up driving over one)- intercooler pipe not fastened tight enough. But makes cool BOV noise when it does come off (every cloud I guess)- metallic paint looks dodgey up close on plastic bumpersI wonder if any have been addressed on the BFs?
replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 11m 2d Posted 12/01/06 03:20 AM Posted 12/01/06 03:20 AM BF minor gripes...Where the temperature sensor on the dash for the dual-zone climate is fitted, the plastic panel doesn't fit properly. The interior plastic trim on the driver's a-pillar doesn't fit properly and sags a little.The mirror is too low on the windscreen due to the shape of the roof.The velcro fitting for the interior boot release cable won't stick to the interior of the bootlid.I can't actually see the DSC light on the dashboard due to the steering wheel rim blocking it - I couldn't see this on the Territory either... maybe it should be more central as apparently my passengers see it coming on a lot when I'm pedalling hard.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 12/01/06 03:45 AM Posted 12/01/06 03:45 AM Do whinging owners count....
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 9d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 12/01/06 04:02 AM Posted 12/01/06 04:02 AM Do whinging owners count.... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I ain't had any major problem that I haven't seen in other cars makes \ models (This is including the really expensive BMW's) maybe I'm just not as pedantic...
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 12/01/06 04:30 AM Posted 12/01/06 04:30 AM All very minor fit and finish stuff, nothings broken or falling off so I'm happy
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 12/01/06 04:42 AM Posted 12/01/06 04:42 AM He is asking for ppl to list the MINOR things that you would look at and go... yeah I can live with it... but honestly it shouldn't be like that. If you get into a car of quality build you wont get interior panels that dont match up properly, panels that stick out or flex too much. It has to be said that the build quality of these cars is sh*thouse! It just shows when u look at the interior, and when you hear about how many warranty issues there are with mechanics!!I would hate to see how my car goes after 20 years...But for me...Interior plastic bits not matching upRear bumper not quite aligned with metal parts of carfront bumper saggingclicking in the steeringFRONT CAMBER!!!
lightning_strike Member 78 Member For: 21y 1m 23d Posted 12/01/06 05:57 AM Author Posted 12/01/06 05:57 AM Do whinging owners count.... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I ain't had any major problem that I haven't seen in other cars makes \ models (This is including the really expensive BMW's) maybe I'm just not as pedantic...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah fair enough it's whinging. But close to 50 odd grand of car should get you some decent quality. I f cking cringe every time I see the panel gaps.
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 13d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 12/01/06 07:36 AM Posted 12/01/06 07:36 AM My XR6T used to wear out back tyres waaaayy tooo fast!!!!!!!!!!!
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/01/06 07:37 AM Posted 12/01/06 07:37 AM My leaking boot that I noticed today is STILL LEAKING! I've also noticed that the seat-belt is rubbing on the plastic where you can adjust the hight... It's worn it down heaps.All I want is a water tight boot. Is that too much to ask?
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 13d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 12/01/06 07:39 AM Posted 12/01/06 07:39 AM My XR6T used to wear out back tyres waaaayy tooo fast!!!!!!!!!!!Waaayyyy to fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now