Jump to content

Bf Xr6 Turbo 6 Speed Automatic Transmission


Recommended Posts

Guest XR666TURBO
  • Guests
Posted (edited)

Hey all!

Sadly to say, I don't own an XR6T yet :k24t: However, I am looking to purchase it sometime in early 2006. :blush: I will be getting a brand spanking new Silhouette BF XR6 Turbo. The only problem I'm having at the moment is trying to decide between the manual and automatic transmissions.

I've heard mixed reviews about both, yet most people tend to agree that the auto is just as tough if not tougher than the manual. I'm just so unsure as I love the sound and feel that comes with the manual, however I am a lazy :thumbsup: and have driven manual cars for 6 years now.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had the chance to drive both, or has researched the :k24t: out of them both that can help me in making the best decision.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Until then,

XR666TURBO

Edited by XR666TURBO
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • FG Falcon fan!
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
I've heard mixed reviews about both..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Negative comments about the ZF 6-spd auto?!?! News to me, I have only heard positive things about it. Do tell of this so-called negative publicity about the ZF.

Guest XR666TURBO
  • Guests
Posted

Well, no one said anything terrible about either transmissions, but the one thing I heard was that while in "tiptronic" mode, or whatever it's called.. the gear changes are a little sluggish. But then again, they could also have been talking out of their a*se.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 6d
  • Location: Melb (Mexican)
Posted
Well, no one said anything terrible about either transmissions, but the one thing I heard was that while in "tiptronic" mode, or whatever it's called.. the gear changes are a little sluggish. But then again, they could also have been talking out of their a*se.

As a BF 6spd auto owner, I can safely advise you that there is NO sluggish behaviour when it comes to gear changes, it's as smooth & quick at changing gears that you will find in an auto XR6T. a slight delay for gear kick down when you plant the foot to the floor, this just drops down a gear and revs high to boom hard.

I've always driven a manual and since owning the new 6spd auto, I would NEVER go back to pure manual again. it's the best of both worlds, sure it's a great rush to bang through gears with a clutch, who needs it these days with a shifter as good as the ZF.

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

My better half drives a Black XR6T BF auto .... we have had 3 XRTs and this one is by far the best .... certainly better than any manual XRT I've driven and way way better than the old 4 speed

Guest XR666TURBO
  • Guests
Posted

Thanks for your words GEoMaNTiK. Much appreciated. To everyone else, please feel free to add your opinion/s &/or advice!

Posted

Who was the wally that took it round a track and sh*tcanned it

vik... :thumbsup::k24t::k24t: cant remember the post

Guest XR666TURBO
  • Guests
Posted

WTF are you on about Vik???

Posted
WTF are you on about Vik???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some bloke on here,actually drove a T on some racetrack, with an 6 speed auto,and from what I can remember,he said it was crap

vik...sorry dont know who it was,but somebody must know it :thumbsup::k24t::k24t:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay, NQ
Posted

Hey there XR666TURBO!

Just picked up my new BF 6 speed auto T days ago and can't say enough good things about it....I have driven autos for probably the last 19 years & this one is the best by far....bugger-all lag on kick-down, great to drive in either pure auto, or performance mode, or in 'manual'...

can't fault it actually.....I guess there will always be those who prefer a manual no matter what, but the changes are just so quick & smooth, why would you bother?

For those that like to feel they are 'in control', just flick it into tiptronic and play around up & down if you must.

Go for a test drive & convince yourself though'....don't necessarily take what we say on here as gospel....let us know what you think after you have driven one hard!

Cheers

BP :stirthepot:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...