WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m
Nice find :laughing:

Hey does anyone know where to get a clay bar that I always hear about? I have looked at a few places like supercrap and they dont know what I'm talking about. I want to try get the car looking schmick for the cruise.

Oh and a word of warning, there are roadworks along Neaves Road AND Gt Northern HWY (the only two ways to get to Gingin) which may have some loose gravel. Keep it nice and slow through these bits especially if trucks are coming the other way.

mate claybar is the way to go for sure !!!!

have you got a good polish to go with it?? ive got a fair bit of zaino lying around if you see how that looks after the claybar?? would look hell shiny on a citric I reckon :crybaby:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 30d
Have just had 960 dollars  :crybaby:  worth of rubber put on my baby, I'm just gonna have to see how they go when we take our cruise up to Gingin

Pirelli Dragons 235x45x17 on special for 229 a tyre, down from 359

Gotta love stocktake sales

:laughing:

Faark I thought I did well with $249 a corner. :nono:

How do you find them? Couldn't find any review of them anywhere but took the plunge and couldn't be happier.

• Member For: 18y 10m 4d
Have just had 960 dollars  :crybaby:  worth of rubber put on my baby, I'm just gonna have to see how they go when we take our cruise up to Gingin

:laughing:

Faark I thought I did well with $249 a corner. :omg:

How do you find them? Couldn't find any review of them anywhere but took the plunge and couldn't be happier.

My mrs works next to a Bob Janes and asked them what the best tyre was they had in that size, they recommended the Pirelli Dragon :sick:

Yet to try them out properly, but there was NO road noise on the drive home, it was unbelievably quiet, not like the old Dunlop crap SP3000's that were on the car previously :nono:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 30d
Have just had 960 dollars  :laughing:  worth of rubber put on my baby, I'm just gonna have to see how they go when we take our cruise up to Gingin

:smilielol:

Faark I thought I did well with $249 a corner. :nono:

My mrs works next to a Bob Janes and asked them what the best tyre was they had in that size, they recommended the Pirelli Dragon :tease:

Yet to try them out properly, but there was NO road noise on the drive home, it was unbelievably quiet, not like the old Dunlop crap SP3000's that were on the car previously :laughing:

Definately sh*tloads quiter, but then anything would be I guess. They are fantastic on the ute - hang on good and propper.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 17d
Have just had 960 dollars  :pinch:  worth of rubber put on my baby, I'm just gonna have to see how they go when we take our cruise up to Gingin

:spoton:

Faark I thought I did well with $249 a corner. :omg:

My mrs works next to a Bob Janes and asked them what the best tyre was they had in that size, they recommended the Pirelli Dragon :msm:

Yet to try them out properly, but there was NO road noise on the drive home, it was unbelievably quiet, not like the old Dunlop crap SP3000's that were on the car previously :sick:

Dunlops are not as bad as people say they are.....I still rate them highly

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m

Well I got the Meguiar's Quik Clay from Supercheap and read the instructions, its a bit hard to understand how it works but I managed to get the hang of it. OMG what a big bloody car. I started with the bonnet to see how it worked, and it was quite impressive! You spray on the quick detailer that comes with it to lubricate the surface, then work the clay bar around the paint work. It pretty much takes everything off the car down to the clear coat. When the clay gets a bit dirty and squished, just fold it in half and off you go again. I managed to do the whole car in about 2.5 hours (including buffing off the dried detailer marks). It was a little hard to see in the garage but the angles I could see it left the paint like a mirror (oh and you can see all the fine scratches :blush: )

I also bought some Meguiar's Deep Crystal polish - part 2 in a 3 part thingo... and so far I have done the roof. It is pretty easy to work in by hand but you gotta do small sections or it dries out too much. I did the roof in 6 sections. Once it was all buffed off I got a completely clean cotton cloth and went over the lot to get it completely clean... looked very bling!! :msm: Then I applied some NXT Generation Tech Wax to the roof to give it some protection and it's really shining like new now. I just gotta give my arm some rest so I can go finish the rest of it.

But yeah, I highly recommend the clay bar treatment to get everything back to the clear coat to give it all a good polish. Will see how it protects next weekend when I wash it for the cruise day :spoton: