GCTXR6 Member 295 Member For: 18y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: CANNINGVALE wa Posted 01/04/09 11:06 PM Posted 01/04/09 11:06 PM (edited) just paid for my powercruise darwin flights, virgin u rock $320 return bring it beer burnouts and barra fishn got mates up there so freebee accom as well dont you love the fare wars :auto: Edited 01/04/09 11:08 PM by GCTXR6
Guest newl Guests Posted 01/04/09 11:33 PM Posted 01/04/09 11:33 PM Links to software:Had a look mate. Both of those software packages are for normal Windows (XP, Vista, etc) and will not run on a PDA running Windows Mobile so you'll have to have some form factor of laptop to use them.Gave me reason to dig out my PDA and play with it though!
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/04/09 11:38 PM Posted 01/04/09 11:38 PM Thanks Newl,Thats a fairly big rain cloud over my parade. I don't really want to cart a laptop around but may have too now i spose.....
Guest newl Guests Posted 01/04/09 11:44 PM Posted 01/04/09 11:44 PM Someone suggested the Dell 9 Mini previously I think. I've got one of those and they're pretty good for a netbook, reasonably priced (~500 on sale and It'd be something the Mrs can use around the house as well) and battery life is outstanding.
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Location: Perth WA Posted 02/04/09 12:03 AM Posted 02/04/09 12:03 AM or try one of these little beasties.. not for that coin of coursehttp://dma.net.au/index.php?action=display...ct&pid=6276
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/04/09 01:53 AM Posted 02/04/09 01:53 AM whats the computer savvy's people's takes on this oneI would like a express card slot for my 3g card so this may be a goer?
Guest newl Guests Posted 02/04/09 02:02 AM Posted 02/04/09 02:02 AM Not bad for the price but don't expect heaps of battery time (or the performance really) with a real hard drive in it versus solid state storage.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/04/09 02:05 AM Posted 02/04/09 02:05 AM Newl,do you know of any solid state mcjunior burger Netbooks that have an express card slot? The cost through telstra to replace the card modem with a usb is half the cost of most of these laptops! I have seen express to usb convertors but i want something reliable thats isn't going to play up
Guest newl Guests Posted 02/04/09 02:12 AM Posted 02/04/09 02:12 AM Can't say as I do because I wasn't chasing that feature. I already have a 3G USB dongle through Vodacrap that I no longer use now that I've got ADSL again (though my girlfriend uses it on the Dell when she's working away). That being said, I would have preferred to have the SIM slot to make the unit more self contained. Battery life on the Dell is amazing, averaging 5 hours while surfing the net via WiFi. Typically it goes a week on a single charge.
Under-Pants Member 2,103 Member For: 18y 3m 7d Gender: Not Telling Posted 02/04/09 02:33 AM Posted 02/04/09 02:33 AM Steve, that's gold Now where is Deonie
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now