Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canning Vale, W.A
Posted (edited)

I really really want the black version of them, then I'm gonna get it as low as legally possible haha

I say f*ck the warranty :P, you play you pay :wackit:

I'll be the other way around once something goes wrong though :stupid:

Edited by Silhoutte6T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted
No kids but she certainly changed my persperctive on taboo body piercings... lol

dude they weren't peircings they were crab pots :wackit:

  • TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 5d
  • Location: Perth W.A.
Posted
HAHA you blokes crack me up. There is never enough jokes about Rocko and what a hole it is.

Two Rockingham girls jump off a cliff. Who wins?

...........Society

the answer should be WHO CARES. :roflmbo:

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 16d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted
dude they weren't peircings they were crab pots :roflmbo:

ROFL you dirty fokker

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PERTH WA
Posted

Warrenty Warrenty Warrenty blah blah blah... I hate it... I was all set to do some mods, I went and saw Simon, had the cash in hand ready to go and then a friend told me to see his cousin at Lynfords who is the head mechanic there. He told me that Ford can tell if the car has been "played with", tuned, and that it will void all warrenty on the drive line and motor. I've already had trouble with the DSC light coming on and staying on and after taking it to Nuford (closest dealer to me) twice to fix it , I finally went to Lynford who ended up changing the whole steering colum to solve the problem.

So now I ask the question, do I or dont I??

I was told that adding the 2nd CAI does nothing and a K&N panel filter does as much???

I know going to Simon will void the warrenty, by the way, they know of Simon and say he does some great work.

Do these add performance and do they affect warrenty?

My car has only done 11000 k's. Should I sit on it for another 2years untill the warrenty is over ????

What to do What to do?? :spoton:

  • <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, NOR
Posted

Id like to know too, cos I have done the 2nd CAI mod and stuck a KingDragon filter in and I think it makes a definite improement (worth the money).

Want to take mine in for some warranty things, but not sure if they will pick on these 'mods'.

Posted
Warrenty Warrenty Warrenty blah blah blah... I hate it... I was all set to do some mods, I went and saw Simon, had the cash in hand ready to go and then a friend told me to see his cousin at Lynfords who is the head mechanic there. He told me that Ford can tell if the car has been "played with", tuned, and that it will void all warrenty on the drive line and motor. I've already had trouble with the DSC light coming on and staying on and after taking it to Nuford (closest dealer to me) twice to fix it , I finally went to Lynford who ended up changing the whole steering colum to solve the problem.

So now I ask the question, do I or dont I??

I was told that adding the 2nd CAI does nothing and a K&N panel filter does as much???

I know going to Simon will void the warrenty, by the way, they know of Simon and say he does some great work.

Do these add performance and do they affect warrenty?

My car has only done 11000 k's. Should I sit on it for another 2years untill the warrenty is over ????

What to do What to do?? :blink:

Good luck waiting for another 2 years if you're hanging around here mate.

:spoton:

12 months was as close as I got. Haven't needed any warranty work done yet and am prepared to go by the "You play...you pay" scenario.

My car runs so much sweeter and quicker and that's my payoff.

  • <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, NOR
Posted
What sort of improvements are you talking about and how much did it cost?

Seemed like a bit more low down power (1st gear seems to have even less grip now) and theres more induction sound when im giving it to her, and there is a louder whoosh sound when I back off the throttle too.

Lower airbox typhoon snorkel cost around $80 and the KingDragon panel air filter cost $125.

You can use an xr8 lower airbox snorkel but it does not fit straight onto your airbox, you need to buy a rubber pipe joiner from bunnings and do a bit of a backyard job on it (there is a thread on the forums about this) and you end up only spending about $50-$60 instead).

I think turbos need as much air as they can get, in order to run their best so its a must do for everyone eventually In my opinion. Could be wrong though :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Caracciola Karussell
Posted

Another thing to keep in mind regarding Warranty is ford will do their very best to avoid paying out anything, HOWEVER when it comes to mods, they will generally still warranty anything not affected by those particular mods.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...