Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
told ya it was short

:smilielol::thumbsup::beerchug::spoton:

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: next door..
Posted

its simple.. BOV's are good for the engine and give off a psshhh sound when they go off.. unless u go for some sh!tty SSQ one or something which will give off sequential psshh sounds..

on the other hand, compressor surge is not good for the car.. this is where the fluttering sound comes from, it has absolutely nothing to do with the blowoff valve in terms of sound.

listen, jump on the calaisturbo forum and ask them what causes the fluttering (or in their terms, the "cooler dose") and u shud get ANOTHER couple of hundred of opinions.

jetmir :smilielol:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted
You can get flutter ask anyone that knows my car you can hear it down the road and its auto

yeah ads your BA flutters in true VL-fully-sik-bru style...

I like it, even if it isn't a good thing...

Dave.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I had cold air intake and it made a flutter then I installed a bigger front mount and it fluttered better you just have to get the boost up then stop gassing it

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'd like to hear this flutter. Is there a recording somewhere I can download (for convenience)?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 24d
  • Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney
Posted

Here's an example for ya. Got it off my phone...

No idea what the car is(sounds like a rotary) but the flutter is very obvious.

It makes for a great message tone to!!!

Chris :laughing:

bpbov.mp3

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted
I'd like to hear this flutter.  Is there a recording somewhere I can download (for convenience)?

Yeah mine is very loud, how about a drive past your house. You will hear it :laughing: even over the tely

Rob...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: next door..
Posted
I'd like to hear this flutter.  Is there a recording somewhere I can download (for convenience)?

Yeah mine is very loud, how about a drive past your house. You will hear it :laughing: even over the tely

Rob...

I love yours rob.. sounds bloody awesome.

someone record theirs!!

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Like I said, the noises are unrelated... one is compressor surge and the other is the BOV. You usually have one or the other.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unless you have an adjustable valve (plumback/atmo), then you can have all three sounds at once if you adjust the two settings a certain way ;)

btw, not a good idea to take off your bosch cbv as its there for a reason...

sure its not gona hurt that much but there no doubt it will take some life off your turbo.

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Did anyone hear a BOV in that recording?

I heard something that sounded a bit like a chainsaw

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...