F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 20d Location: In The Ute Posted 02/11/05 12:23 AM Posted 02/11/05 12:23 AM Centre Ford - I'd highly recommend them. I bought my car off Dave Sammit. Excellent service.I actually test drove a Rapid XR6T 6speed auto demo from them yesterday - bloody brilliant. Now I'm considering trading the M6 for the A6.Decisions, decisions.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jason WTF is an A6 mate?
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 02/11/05 01:27 AM Posted 02/11/05 01:27 AM Jason WTF is an A6 mate?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Old boy.... I wonder sometimes..A is for Automatic , like Automatic Disqualifiaction...
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 02/11/05 01:29 AM Posted 02/11/05 01:29 AM Titan Ford in Melville were OK.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Their ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER asked me whether my Tornado was Auto or Manual.. should know there product
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Location: Perth WA Posted 02/11/05 01:46 AM Posted 02/11/05 01:46 AM NuFord Wangarra...Servicing was ok but they don't really know much about much.....according to one of the salesmen who took me for a GT testdrive, apparently the 350Z I was thinking of trading was designed so fantastically by Nissan engineers that at speeds above 60kph, the wind resistance/drag coefficient became ZERO !!!!!!!!!!!Actually I thought the service @ Nuford was pretty good from the FPV salesman, just not this one guy who I think could have been used cars..They did lose a sale though, when I went in ready to buy, they were fairly unnegotiable on price to the point where they said they would not be held hostage by cheaper prices from other dealers.... amazing how I got the exact car for a good $3-4K cheaper from a sister dealership heheSeaview Ford have been brilliant as well, no BS and il see how my 3000km service goes with them too..Centreford were pretty good in New cars, a bit to be desired in used though when it came to the BS factor - 2003 GTP with EDIT, paceys, throttlebody, exhaust, CAI all covered under factory warranty??? I think not !!NB: For anyone in the inaloo/doubleview area, if you want to see the epitome of stupidity, go to the drive thru bottlo on sackville tce in your T/FPV and watch the security guard salivate over your car haha..apparently my MANUAL BA Typhoon is as rare as rockinghorse sh!t and should do 320kph regardless of what the speedo indicates AND I should have bought an EF 6cyl instead cause he gets 10kms per litre or per square acre or some crap and besides they are both 4litre 6 cylinders and therefore IDENTICAL engines hahahaha
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Posted 02/11/05 02:21 AM Posted 02/11/05 02:21 AM Im in agreeance with Steve - Centre Ford (and Matt in particular) have been very good with my car and servicing costs. I originally bought my car from Lynford, but after having it serviced there twice... never again!!!! Heres a small story...I give my XR6T to Lynford for 15k service. They call me at 2:30 saying car is ready. I arrive at Lynford at 3:30pm. I pay for everything etc, and then sit in the car, turn the ignition to on, and I see the temperature gauge sitting about 1mm above 3/4!!!So I then turn the ignition off, walk back inside and ask when my car was last driven and by whom. The gentleman there then proceeded to tell me it was test driven and parked just before I was called. (Ie. AN HOUR AGO)I then asked why the hell was the temp gauge sitting above 3/4 if the car was driven over an hour ago?? I then demanded to know who had driven the car - which they conveniently couldnt remember.... (Obviously they had caned the lving sh!t out of the car and then shut it straight off - when I questioned them they denied it, but it was SO obvious they were talking sh!t)To cut along story short, they then offered to give me $30 off my next service. I then proceeded to tell them to f*** off and that they will never see my car again!!/rant off
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 02/11/05 02:35 AM Posted 02/11/05 02:35 AM I very biased because I have strong relations with centre ford. However one thing that stood out with them was repairing my last 4wd. I had a continual overheating problem with my 2000 model Jackaroo. I had taken it to City Motors to be looked at a few times and they couldnt find what was wrong. Anyway after a yr of problems it went to centre ford for a quick look. I reakon it took the mechanic about 5 min to laugh and say a 2000 model car shouldnt have an old steel radiator!!! Problem then fixed!!! But all dealerships have good and bad employees.......it's just a matter of getting hold of the good one's I think. and question pricing!!!! get quotes always with anything.......even a mars bar!!!!
cunners Member 141 Member For: 21y 7m 3d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 02/11/05 03:29 AM Posted 02/11/05 03:29 AM Sorry to go a little off topic but does anyone know how much the 75k service should cost??I haven't had too many problems with Centre Ford... They replaced my radiatorwithout question but they did take 2 goes to fix my headlight - and in the process re-set my trip computer!!!
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Posted 02/11/05 03:57 AM Posted 02/11/05 03:57 AM Sorry to go a little off topic but does anyone know how much the 75k service should cost??I haven't had too many problems with Centre Ford... They replaced my radiatorwithout question but they did take 2 goes to fix my headlight - and in the process re-set my trip computer!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I guess in order to do any work on the right hand headlight, they would have to remove and thus disconnect the battery... So that's understandable I guess.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/11/05 06:29 AM Posted 02/11/05 06:29 AM NuFord Wangarra...Servicing was ok but they don't really know much about much.....<{POST_SNAPBACK}>NB: For anyone in the inaloo/doubleview area, if you want to see the epitome of stupidity, go to the drive thru bottlo on sackville tce in your T/FPV and watch the security guard salivate over your car haha..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Haha I'll have to try that one... is that just near the round-about close to cedric st?
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Location: Perth WA Posted 02/11/05 06:59 AM Posted 02/11/05 06:59 AM haha yeh sort of west of that roundabout.. cant remember the name of the bottlo.. I pulled in there the other week and this big redneck security guy came up and tried to lean in the window to look at the speedo - my window was only like 2inches down cause hte people in the back were ordering haha..so I did it down and he looked at the speedo and goes "how fast does it go" and I said " I think they are electronically limited to 250kph or something" ...cue a look of puzzlement for about 2minutes, then he says "so whats the top speed" so I repeat again and he says "nah should be good for 300, 320 maybe"by this time, the chicks in the car are absolutely pissing themselves at this freak haha.. so he asks how many kms per litre, and I said about 13-14 litres per 100kms which is roughly 7-8kms per litre... another 5 mins of glassy eyed semi-drooling consideration before;"my EF gets 10kms per litre mate, you should have bought one of them" was his witty replyin the end I just drove off, otherwise he would have been content to sit there all day haha
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now