jared87 Member 85 Member For: 18y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: Gympie Posted 18/03/08 07:43 AM Posted 18/03/08 07:43 AM I think the only thing that changes speed readings on these cars are the tyre sizes. I recently had a diff gear change to 3.73 from 3.46 and the bloke who did it for me told me that it would not affect the speedo because the reading come off all four ABS sensors on each wheel and then average out across the four speeds. Pretty cool I thought.
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/03/08 01:03 PM Posted 18/03/08 01:03 PM I think mine was out by about 2km/hr last time I checked
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 19/03/08 10:14 AM Posted 19/03/08 10:14 AM No, not those speedos, the speedometer on the XR6 Turbo.On certain roads, such as the F6 freeway between Sydney and Wollongong, there are signs that warn you if you are close to or over the speed limit. Under normal conditions, they don't really do this until you go over 120 km/h. In the Turbo, I could drive at 120 km/h no problem and no warning lights. In the Focus, however, I can be doing 120 and there are warning lights all over the place. Is it possible that the speedos on the Turbo are calibrated to deliberately over-estimate your speed. Its similar in normal traffic too - in the T I could sit on 70 and cars are going past me, but in the Focus its the other way around.Anyone bothered to get theirs properly tested and calibrated? Was it out?Originally these signs were installed and showed your precise speed, however as everyone tried to get the highest speed they could it defeated there intended purpose. So now and for some years now they simply tell you that you are over the speed limit and reinforce the applicable speed limit.Another brilliant idea by the RTA.I.B.
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 19/03/08 10:24 AM Posted 19/03/08 10:24 AM I just put my Speedo's on and stood in front of the full length mirror..................Nup......not accurate at all..!
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 20/03/08 01:33 AM Posted 20/03/08 01:33 AM Coffee just came out my nose...
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 20/03/08 04:06 AM Posted 20/03/08 04:06 AM I just put my Speedo's on and stood in front of the full length mirror..................Nup......not accurate at all..!Not accurate, just WRONG, REALLY REALLY WRONG.On a less disturbing note has anyone actually tested the diff gear ratio to speedo change as I thought you had to change the diff ratio in the ford software to reflect what it has?Am not sure about the speed sensors on the wheels?
Slammer Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Motherland Posted 20/03/08 04:23 AM Posted 20/03/08 04:23 AM I just put my Speedo's on and stood in front of the full length mirror..................Nup......not accurate at all..!I feel Violated hay that police speed o thing is that still available?
Slammer Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Motherland Posted 20/03/08 04:55 AM Posted 20/03/08 04:55 AM (edited) just got off the phone with a local ford dealer and he said that those digital read outs are ONLY for the police and are illegal. If you can get caught with them you can get defected for it. Any news on this Edited 20/03/08 04:57 AM by Slammer
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/03/08 05:13 AM Posted 20/03/08 05:13 AM Sounds like crap.....subtle way of saying that he couldn't be bothered doing it for you.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/03/08 05:42 AM Posted 20/03/08 05:42 AM I know the police vehicles have a sticker in front of the speedo saying that it is not calibrated, and they must only use the digital readout
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now