FAST-XR EVIL T Member 259 Member For: 17y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool NSW Posted 25/05/09 12:59 AM Posted 25/05/09 12:59 AM I just got mine done on saturday...twin 2.5" with hotdogs, sounds good! no drone, plenty of burble, can barely hear it from inside the cabin when cruising... the spool up noise is heaps louder than the exhaust from inside the car...it has a nice tone, not just the extra volume...I went 2.5" as it gives me the option to keep it if I decide to upgrade the rest of the system...people say that their fuel consumption has gone up, I think its because you cant help but stay on the throttle a bit longer to hear the music! haha
FAST-XR EVIL T Member 259 Member For: 17y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool NSW Posted 25/05/09 01:06 AM Posted 25/05/09 01:06 AM I found mine VERY LOUD and lumpy when starting from cold and once warmed up it sounded like a tractor unless you were giving it heaps then it sounded great. Dunno why it sounds different though.its louder because its idling an extra 400 rpm quicker at start up, as the idle speed slows down as the engine warms up, the volume drops too... a warmer engine also idles a bit more consistantly...
xr6t xr6t Member 49 Member For: 17y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: northern beaches Posted 22/06/09 03:27 AM Posted 22/06/09 03:27 AM im running 300 rwkw with stock exhaust if I did this would I have to get a retune
Barnesy Legacy Donating Member 210 Member For: 17y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/08/09 01:01 AM Posted 07/08/09 01:01 AM Where is Melb (SE Suburbs) is a good place to get centre section of exhaust removed and made up cheap?
kona86 disgruntled member Legacy Donating Member 1,237 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Glen Waverley Posted 07/08/09 01:28 AM Posted 07/08/09 01:28 AM go see teddy at fast fit in cranbounre mate, got mine done there for $130, got flanges welded on and all
spanky Inactive Members 1 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Posted 14/08/09 10:18 AM Posted 14/08/09 10:18 AM had my centre muffler removed yesterday and reckon it sounds magical, took 30 mins cost 80 bucks, money well spent, feels like it revs cleaner and faster, maybe slightly more push, big thing I noticed was fuel consumption has gone down since box been removed, now getting 12.3 per 100 k's, laughin..........
Barnesy Legacy Donating Member 210 Member For: 17y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/08/09 08:06 AM Posted 15/08/09 08:06 AM Did you get that done in Melbourne?
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 12d Gender: Male Posted 23/08/09 04:40 PM Posted 23/08/09 04:40 PM I remeber someone or some people on this forum, saying that..With this centre muffler removed, if you changed the CAT and still had the stock system, MINUS the centre muffler... it makes the exhaust note sound realy hollow and BAD..I cant seem to find this post.. can someone please confirm this. AS I Intend to get a hiflow cat on before my tune..would having a tune make the ehxuast note better if the CAT was changed from stock.. ??
IBOO57 Member 538 Member For: 17y 3m 23d Posted 24/08/09 06:12 AM Posted 24/08/09 06:12 AM Mine has the center muffler removed and has a 100 cell cat in it and it sounds terrible.Was just at the Exhaust shop this morning seeing about getting some hot dogs put inso im not embarrassed to start it in front of people. It sounds a bit better once its warmed up but still not a nice note that I want.
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 12d Gender: Male Posted 24/08/09 11:16 AM Posted 24/08/09 11:16 AM Interesting.. I'll take your word for it then.. I guess its a possibility that I'll have to get a system rather than hold onto the stock zorst.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now