AWW XR6T UTE Member 129 Member For: 23y 4m 25d Location: Brisbane Posted 04/05/05 06:39 AM Posted 04/05/05 06:39 AM I agree with jetute.I had the straight through pipes on my ute and the sound has good / not too loud, but at slow speeds ~60km/h it did drone just a little bit. I then put on the centre section from jetute when he sold his ute, with the two hot dog mufflers, & there is no drone at all & still sounds good when you put the foot down. Aaron.
simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 04/06/05 03:02 AM Posted 04/06/05 03:02 AM (edited) removing the centre muffler,is it really worth the effort .can you feel the gains?or is it just Edited 04/06/05 03:03 AM by simmo
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/06/05 05:46 AM Posted 04/06/05 05:46 AM ive only got an NA but I dont think it did anything for performance just made it sound 10 times better, from what I have heared you are better of getting a high flow cat and the centre muffler removed
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 04/06/05 06:03 AM Posted 04/06/05 06:03 AM provided your car is a "T", it's worth 10-15kw so I think it was well worth it, gave it a note too.
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 04/06/05 06:54 AM Posted 04/06/05 06:54 AM Got mine off, sounds strong and did make some extra powerRob...
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/06/05 08:24 AM Posted 04/06/05 08:24 AM Well I am convinced its worth doing. HPF says that is about the only thing restricting my car from getting to the 270kw range so that will be next.
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 04/06/05 11:38 AM Posted 04/06/05 11:38 AM you also might want to exert some cruelty to animals, as in the cat. helps heaps apparently (I wouldn't know )
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 05/06/05 12:01 AM Posted 05/06/05 12:01 AM I removed mine yesterday and replaced with Blown Ba's 2 1/4 mandrel bent pipes. The sound is F@cken awsome, epescially in the cold this morning. As for power, I don't know, throttle reponse is atleast 10-20% better than before. At 100ks on the Calder lastnight it shoots out to overtake better than it ever has. And I am now breaking traction halfway through first gear when giving it WOT, have not been able to do that before yesterday! A very good and cheap mod I agree! I don't have dogs in mine and I love it!
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 05/06/05 08:03 AM Posted 05/06/05 08:03 AM good to see another happy "T" modder
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 05/06/05 08:30 AM Posted 05/06/05 08:30 AM I removed mine yesterday and replaced with Blown Ba's 2 1/4 mandrel bent pipes. The sound is F@cken awsome, epescially in the cold this morning. As for power, I don't know, throttle reponse is atleast 10-20% better than before. At 100ks on the Calder lastnight it shoots out to overtake better than it ever has. And I am now breaking traction halfway through first gear when giving it WOT, have not been able to do that before yesterday! A very good and cheap mod I agree! I don't have dogs in mine and I love it!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you sure, you dont sound to convincing to me Just kidding mate, good to see another happy T owner Shane
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now