Vic-XRT New Member 16 Member For: 23y 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 10/05/05 11:30 PM Posted 10/05/05 11:30 PM The heater stopped working on my T earlier this year; same symptoms - no heat but the A/C worked fine.After three trips to the dealer it was finally fixed. The HIM was replaced along with the actual heater core - it was a big job, 3 days worth all done under warranty at a cost to Ford of about $2,000.Oh, by the way, the dealer reflashed the ECU while it was in for the warranty work without my asking and the car had dropped a few KW when I picked it up.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 11/05/05 12:28 AM Posted 11/05/05 12:28 AM I had the same problem recently, the selector wouldnt adjust temperature (and I couldnt hear the usual noise it made when you adjust the temperature). Turns out they had to replace a servo and the arm thingy attached to it. All fixed under warranty. They have to remove the dash to do it.Getting the car back it had less power, turns out they disconnected the battery which caused the ECU to reset and had to retune itself for about 1000kms before I got the power back.All back to normal now though.
Cassius Member 214 Member For: 23y 3m 26d Location: Ipswich...along the goat track Posted 11/05/05 07:55 AM Posted 11/05/05 07:55 AM We fixed Aaron's heater recently, however I don't think it was a temp issue, it was a direction issue. Thought id pipe up anyhow and share the fix. Hope it helps.There was a shaft that connects what the techs call a "HIM" to the actual ICC, the shaft had snapped. Unfortunately, I dont recommend you taking this job on Jewels, it isn't a 5 minute fix. Best be getting your friendly dealer to have a butchers hook, and attempting to properly diagnosing it.I think that the new BA's also don't come with the good ol' heater tap anymore, which makes things harder again..... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had this done. they had it for two days and I cannot stress enough on the good job they did. My AC sh*t itself and the HIM module needed to be replaced. I was very worried about it when he said they had to rip the dash out. I have got it back and have not had one problem with it. After seeing my car in bits after one day of work the realisation kicked in it wasnt an easy job. But the next morning after droping the curtousy car back I gave the tech who was working on the car a six pack of Hieniken for appreciation of the big job he had to do. Maybe this was encentive that he would do a good job putting it back together, cause I have not had one rattle since I got it back. (Have had it for several months with no rattles.) AC has worked better from factory I think, its like a freezer. I hope that all made sense.CheersClay
Kaine HgAg soldier Member 253 Member For: 23y 2m 16d Gender: Male Posted 11/05/05 10:46 AM Posted 11/05/05 10:46 AM yepMy A/C wouldnt turn off when I turned off the ignition. Ended up having the HIM module replaced which seems to have fixed the problem..three dealer visits later.Was a pain in the butt, had to keep pulling the fuse out.. I got a funny wurring sound now from the passenger side vent, but I can live with it till next service..Kaine
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 24d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 13/05/05 12:19 AM Posted 13/05/05 12:19 AM *nods* Glad to hear I'm not the only one having had a bout in the cold As ms700 says it was a busted shaft, dash had to come out which means essentially half the inside of the car (the front half ) comes out with it. We're talking centre console, front seats, steering wheel, a-pillar trims etc etc A solid two day job assuming parts are in stock.Definately get it fixed inside your warranty period Do yourself a favour and don't visit the car while this is happening if you have a weak stomach A.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 13/05/05 12:36 AM Author Posted 13/05/05 12:36 AM Guys thanks for the replies... looks like its off to the dealer
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 13/05/05 05:51 AM Posted 13/05/05 05:51 AM Guys thanks for the replies... looks like its off to the dealer <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know a couple of good dealers in Newtown if you need
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 1d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 13/05/05 06:40 AM Posted 13/05/05 06:40 AM Similar problem here...Heater takes 35 minutes to start getting hot .. Then as the day warms up, turn it off and it still blasts hot air into the car for another 2 hours.... AC was having problems overiding it.....Heading to Vic. in 4 weeks then going to the snow in 6 weeks.... Will need some tropical climate in the car by then..... Let us know how you go.....
xr6turbs boosting Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 20y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Glendene, Auckland NZ 0602 Posted 17/07/06 08:23 AM Posted 17/07/06 08:23 AM Oh crap,I have the same problem, saw this thread thought, sweet! easy solution but I guess its off to the dealer.....
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 9d Location: Canberra Posted 17/07/06 10:44 AM Posted 17/07/06 10:44 AM yeah mate, off to the dealer you go.. I had the same problem, whole dash needed to be removed.. I was without the car for almost 3 days
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now