Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 3d

Also lost mine for one month on the spot in the same car.

And another 2 separate 3 months for points loss.

No wonder no one will insure me...

PS: Shy, I've spent 12 more minutes on the forum than you lol.

Edited by rbjet

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m

Lol far out you have lost it heaps haha. Most points accrued in one shot, one of my mates got over 20 one time. Years ago though.

How much do you pay for insurance anyway? Lol. You going to the monthly meet tonight?

Velocity also..you going?

Ima have to look into that..

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m

Why does everybody think they "get their points" back at the end of a suspension... that has never been correct.

Here's how it works, for those who still believe they "get them back"... Any demerit point incurred infringement causes you to have those demerit points on your record for 36 months FROM the date of infringement, irrelevant of any and all suspensions or anything else that you might get during the 36 month time frame. Any demerit point you get during a 36 month interval counts as an additional point(s) on top of the original ones you receive. For those of us with a full license (suspended or otherwise :sungum: ), that means that we can safely accrue 12 points in any 36 month interval (counts from the first relevant demerit point occurring date within 36 months prior to the most current infringement) without losing the license, but once over 12 is lost, then a 3 month suspension applies (or the option to go for "double or nothing", I can explain this in detail too). For P-Platers, it is limited by both 12 points in 36 months and ALSO 5 points in 12 months (works in the same fashion as above, just shorter time frame).

In short, the ONLY way you "get points back" is when you go 36 months in between infringements. (that's when those originally incurred demerits get re-added to the "available" stock).

^ cop

• Like 5

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 3d

I can only afford 3rd party fire and theft. Most people won't insure me and for the ones that would, the cheapest quote I could get was $3000+ with $3000 excess...

No monthly meet for me tonight. CBF driving that far so going out for dinner and skids (in my driveway) locally.

• Not pregnant
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d

Yeh ratter that's true, but seeing as 90% of people talking about losing points causing loss of licence, rather than gaining demerit points, ive just found it easier and less confusing to start talking about losing points. lol.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m

Lol yeh might be bit too cold afterwards Nic...need them heated jackets hahaha

Fark!! $3k is a joke lol that's massive. Anyone actually know the consequences of not telling them you've lost your licence? How would they find out? Just something I've wondered for awhile

True that Adie..a lot easier talking about the truth and what happens than something that doesn't...