Progress Update: How Is BCL's Car Going?

PASHEN

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 4d

Just a quick update.

Simon has been doing a lot of R&D over the past 8 weeks, primarily on Nizpro Stage 4 power levels between 430 to 500rwkw. New cams and other internal improvements have been made from that development that will be going into my car. With new cams, further component strengthening and minor revision to turbo compressor Simon now expects power levels of around 620rwkw at the same boost levels as before (around 1.7bar), and still around 400rwkw before 4000 revs.

Brian

• Lemming No #5
  • Member For: 19y 5m 5d

Great to hear brian. Do you have any idea when you will be able to get behind the wheel yet. Has simon given you an indication of how it will act on the road.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
Great to hear brian. Do you have any idea when you will be able to get behind the wheel yet. Has simon given you an indication of how it will act on the road.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. There is an engine component of the car that is a new weak point (I can't reveal it), for which he is ordering a re-manufacture and that is holding up a number of cars in his workshop. On the road, "scary" was the word he used.

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 21d

hey bcl, youre a very lucky man.. crazy, but lucky. it looks like you will need a pilot liscence to drive your jet!

what do u do for a living? because whatever it is, I wanna do what youre doing!

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d
hey bcl, youre a very lucky man.. crazy, but lucky. it looks like you will need a pilot liscence to drive your jet!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would you want to work on old computers all day, for months at a time....

Just to have enough money for Simon to drive your car all the time and your kids are the only ones who get to watch your telly that is bigger than my house?... :laughing:

BTW Brian, love your work (with the car that is)... :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 21d

Why would you want to work on old computers all day, for months at a time....

Just to have enough money for Simon to drive your car all the time and your kids are the only ones who get to watch your telly that is bigger than my house?... :spoton:

BTW Brian, love your work (with the car that is)... :tease:

:tease: good point there !

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 13d
With new cams, further component strengthening and minor revision to turbo compressor Simon now expects power levels of around 620rwkw at the same boost levels as before (around 1.7bar), and still around 400rwkw before 4000 revs.

Brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh yes of coure, more power..... silly me............................

crazy... .. .. . crazy stuff............

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members

With new cams, further component strengthening and minor revision to turbo compressor Simon now expects power levels of around 620rwkw at the same boost levels as before (around 1.7bar), and still around 400rwkw before 4000 revs.

Brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it's not quite like that.

I could easily bolt on a larger turbo, and take power from 1000 to 1250HP, as Simon had with his prototype motor.

The downside to that approach is that I'd lose a lot of drivability, have about 700-1000 revs more lag, and put even more strain on the drivetrain.

The whole project objective is about high power (nominally 1000HP), and with a wide usable power band, rather than a peaky narrow power band drag car.

Brian

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 20d

Brian

No it's not quite like that.

I could easily bolt on a larger turbo, and take power from 1000 to 1250HP, as Simon had with his prototype motor.

The downside to that approach is that I'd lose a lot of drivability, have about 700-1000 revs more lag, and put even more strain on the drivetrain.

The whole project objective is about high power (nominally 1000HP), and with a wide usable power band, rather than a peaky narrow power band drag car.

Brian

Sounds awesome bro, Simon Certainly knows his stuff, I have all the respect in the world for him and his busines. Your a lucky man to have such a wild beast. I bet its one wild ride.