Progress Update: How Is BCL's Car Going?

PASHEN

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 4d
Good idea Jeff, all we are hearing is about Spiko's car

Scotty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spiro (Spiko’s) car has different objectives, as it’s basically set up as a drag car, much bigger turbo, a lot more power potentially, about 800rpm more lag, will hit power and stress internal components a lot more. A different set of issues yet to address, as you’d expect chasing much higher power levels.

Do I still have a car?

Actually Simon’s making further revisions, as we’re at this checkpoint stage, comparing what we now have compared with our original targets.

We have not quite reached the target of 1000HP (600rwkw), so there might be a minor change to the turbo.

I’ve set the “holy grail” in terms of objectives:

Good idle with large injectors.

Good low down response.

Little lag, and good mid-range punch.

Component durability over time.

Good fuel economy.

Big power.

Overall, I’m after what you’d call a tough street car.

We believe we're almost there, but still more drivetrain and other changes are required.

It’s very difficult to have it all, so I continue to be patient.

I asked Simon to drive the car a fair bit, giving it a lot of road testing to ensure good response and flexibity, to make sure he’s very happy before giving back to me.

As I said, Simon will temporarily put install an auto, and take it down the ¼, then put the manual back in.

Brian

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 21d

Scotty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spiro (Spiko’s) car has different objectives, as it’s basically set up as a drag car, much bigger turbo, a lot more power potentially, about 800rpm more lag, will hit power and stress internal components a lot more. A different set of issues yet to address, as you’d expect chasing much higher power levels.

Do I still have a car?

Actually Simon’s making further revisions, as we’re at this checkpoint stage, comparing what we now have compared with our original targets.

We have not quite reached the target of 1000HP (600rwkw), so there might be a minor change to the turbo.

Good low down response.

Good fuel economy.

Big power.

We believe we're almost there, but still more drivetrain and other changes are required.

I asked Simon to drive the car a fair bit, giving it a lot of road testing to ensure good response and flexibity, to make sure he’s very happy before giving back to me.

As I said, Simon will temporarily put install an auto, and take it down the ¼, then put the manual back in.

Brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no doubt that Brian will achieve his goals as he is as dedicated and persistant as I am. He also has the backing of Nizpro and Simon that is not the average tuning shop and as far as RWKW are concerend there are definatly at the top of there game.

Brian is write about the purpose of my car and the different goals it was built for.

It has very bad Consuption at this stage and yes it comes on much later about 800rpm though much stronger. As far as throttle responce is concerend he will definatly be ahead there running the 6 speed and 4.11 gears.

This however does not mean he will not go very fast down the quarter that is all a matter of setup! And in my case of durability it definatly doesn't mean something has to break (engine I mean not running gear) lets not for get most of the time people break engines they do not let go on there own.

I drive my car every day gentleman even at the latest tune it has not been built for a trailer just wanted that part clear.

On the other hand it has not been built for weekends at oran park circut racing either!

Cant wait to here your comments after you get your car back which I hope is soon and have another cup of coffee with you Brian maybe even a cruise?

Regards

Spiro

• Member For: 20y 8m 23d

Scotty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do I still have a car?

Good low down response.

Good fuel economy.

Big power.

Brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good luck with the "good fuel economy".

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 12d

Scotty

Do I still have a car?

I asked Simon to drive the car a fair bit,

Brian

Lucky bugger that Simon, how is he enjoying that?

• Wanabe mechanical engineer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 12d

Oh this thing is an absolutely machine...

We need more videos of it... Anything, absolutely anything. Just more video's with high sound quality!

Anyway..

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 4d
Time to bring this thread up again.

........So Brian, whats the latest??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a lot.

I can't get down to Melbourne until next month due to work commitments, when we'll run the car hopefully.

Then I'll review the situation.

I asked Simon to investigate the traction issue.

I think going over 420rwkw is a complete waste on the road, after Simon’s feedback from driving it.

Given that I've owned awd vehicles for 7 years, I asked Simon about either putting the motor into a Territory, or converting the XR6T into an awd vehicle. He was impressed with my lateral thinking.

In the meantime, Simon has put a stage 3 Nizpro Turbo motor and Cobra kit into an awd Nizpro Territory, with big brakes & 20” wheels, tuned with Edit to around 350+awkw, and he says it’s amazing. (it’s written about on the Nizpro forum).

A 1000HP 10’s awd Territory would have to be the absolute sleeper, and I could just imagine the incredulous look on the faces of those left for dead at the lights.

I won’t reveal the results of awd XR6T investigation just yet, but it would be sensational if it works. I will say that Simon loves any sort of a challenge.

It would be great to get some support from Ford as well.

When I get down to Melbourne I’ll drive Simons 350+awkwTerritory and my 600rwkw XR6T, and decide which way to go from there sometime after that.

Brian

• Great rack
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 3d
Time to bring this thread up again.

........So Brian, whats the latest??

Not a lot.

I can't get down to Melbourne until next month due to work commitments, when we'll run the car hopefully.

Then I'll review the situation.

I asked Simon to investigate the traction issue.

I think going over 420rwkw is a complete waste on the road, after Simon’s feedback from driving it.

Given that I've owned awd vehicles for 7 years, I asked Simon about either putting the motor into a Territory, or converting the XR6T into an awd vehicle. He was impressed with my lateral thinking.

In the meantime, Simon has put a stage 3 Nizpro Turbo motor and Cobra kit into an awd Nizpro Territory, with big brakes & 20” wheels, tuned with Edit to around 350+awkw, and he says it’s amazing. (it’s written about on the Nizpro forum).

A 1000HP 10’s awd Territory would have to be the absolute sleeper, and I could just imagine the incredulous look on the faces of those left for dead at the lights.

I won’t reveal the results of awd XR6T investigation just yet, but it would be sensational if it works. I will say that Simon loves any sort of a challenge.

It would be great to get some support from Ford as well.

When I get down to Melbourne I’ll drive Simons 350+awkwTerritory and my 600rwkw XR6T, and decide which way to go from there sometime after that.

Brian

:pooh: Thanks Brian.