Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 7d Location: Perth Posted 30/11/05 11:27 AM Posted 30/11/05 11:27 AM That must of been you leaving just as I got there then?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep, that was me.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/12/05 08:56 PM Posted 17/12/05 08:56 PM Hi guys,Brian's awesome car is nearing completion. No doubt it will create a massive amount of discussion and I'm sure we will all be looking forward to reading Brian's thoughts (I know I am) on it once he gets it back up home and has the chance to put it through it's paces.So to make this thread easy for everyone to find I've pinned it in the Modifications & Workshop forum... Enjoy!Cheers,Adam.
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/12/05 03:51 AM Posted 18/12/05 03:51 AM Brian's awesome car is nearing completion. Adam. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Adam, but sometimes I wonder when it will really be fully completed, as there’s always a future change on the horizon.It's more of an exercise in finding out which Ford T part we can break next, and then can we break the aftermarket part, as mechanically a majority of car parts are replaced.All mechanical parts (for now) are now in place.3 weeks ago I was in Melbourne, and the main problem was getting the Motec to control the idle properly, to a state where we could say "that's pretty good". I watched someone from Motec tune idle control for over half an hour, the result being better, but still not good enough. Decent idle quality with the Motec V2 software has been a challenge, to say the leastI have seen, real-time, with Simon's pc, the points on the mapping tables that the Motec software oscillates through to get back to a steady idle position. It is neither simple nor straightforward. I now have a much better appreciation of why Ford had so many stalling problems from factory software, and reported cold idling problems The Ford VCT makes the whole process much more complex, rather than the modified cams and injectors being used.Simon then went down the path of trying Motec+Edit, with Edit controlling the DBW.Testing cold start, means basically a 10-15 minutes test each day, so the result is that it can take days/weeks of minor changes to get it better.After 2 weeks of trialing Simon concluded that the Edit has not made it better, so we’ve gone back to just the Motec.I have great admiration for Simon’s patience and willingness to invest time and effort into R&D. As you know Nizpro takes on some challenging projects, and this has certainly been a huge challenge. Even now I’m looking forward moving to Edit, and within 3-4 months expect to dump the Motec, and run with Edit completely. There are some limitations with the current Edit with regard to it meeting my requirements, and we trust that the independent inlet/exhaust cam control required for the BF to properly run, plus MAP sensor and other tables changes, plus handling the big injectors can be made by SCT to accommodate. By comparison, Simon has now put a 6-speed manual in his work Ute, which is running the Stage 4 Nizpro hardware (including bigger cams and turbo), for around 450rwkw …. fully run with Edit …. starting and idle control is fantastic by comparison, as he demonstrated to me. The challenge is now put to SCT to make the changes, as Simon is keen to implement.The benefits of this R&D will filter back to other forum members over time.What I have not previously divulged, is that the internals of this motor should support up around 1300HP, not the current 1000HP that the car has been set up to run. The rods/pistons being used now are far stronger (and far more expensive than typically used aftermarket), and far stronger than what Simon used in his demo engine that he ran at 1268HP on his engine dyno. ATM there’s no use going over 1000HP, as too many other things are breaking, but the point is that the engine has 30% higher output capability.Another upgrade to the CV is also planned for February, as after a review of the upgraded CV currently installed. We don’t believe that what’s currently installed will hold full torque for too long.A change to a 6-speed auto will also be on the agenda, but obviously that may take a while before a strong enough auto is built by someone.So, as you can see, this project will run for a while yet.Brian
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/12/05 07:47 AM Posted 18/12/05 07:47 AM In any case I love reading about it.
FR33DY Member 307 Member For: 21y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/12/05 07:57 AM Posted 18/12/05 07:57 AM In any case I love reading about it.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I love reading about this car as well, awesome project.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 19/12/05 11:07 AM Posted 19/12/05 11:07 AM Interesting update as always
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/12/05 02:40 PM Posted 20/12/05 02:40 PM just love it mate
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 20/12/05 07:44 PM Posted 20/12/05 07:44 PM Love your work Brian ...if you need a co-pilot when you bring her home
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 20/12/05 08:47 PM Posted 20/12/05 08:47 PM This car is just awesome mate be nice to drive it.Ian
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Location: North Brisbane Posted 20/12/05 09:43 PM Posted 20/12/05 09:43 PM I don't think he drives it Ian, I believe he flaps behind it somehow j-u-s-t holding on by fingertips!!!! Damn you Brian, I want one.......... My F6 is going off the road in a couple of weeks for some tinkering as it is becoming my weekend car - I hope I don't get infected like you!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now