JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 4d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 30/01/05 06:36 AM Posted 30/01/05 06:36 AM Well the bad news is diff number 4 is no better It's got whine at 95km/h and shunt, clunk etc.It is deteriorating rapidly with the losseness in the driveline. Driving in traffic and at slow speed is becoming a joke, and in some situations is making the car nearly undriveable.Have spoken to 13ford and they cannot believe it. They have spoken to Dana who want to send out an engineer.I am getting to the point where I cannot keep leaving my car at the dealers as even my company are now starting to get the sh*ts with the amount of time it is spending off the road.My question to you all is do I ride this out, try and get this one re-built through warranty which I think Ford have finally agreed to do rather than replace, or do I just get the bloody thing fixed myself at my cost?Mal woods seem pretty confident they can fix it, so do I get the dealer to take it out under warranty send it to Mal woods which I pay for they get it put back in?Is there someone else in Melb that can fix it?I am at the point now of sheer frustration, and it's also becoming embarrasing with people in the car as it looks like you cannot drive with the bouncing back and forth when there is no drive creating tension through the driveline.For people that do not understand cars, ask me "but is'nt this a new car"?Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 30/01/05 08:02 AM Posted 30/01/05 08:02 AM JB are your sure they're changing it over...........l mean 4 ......Take to Keysbourough Difs in Dandenong ask for Val he does wonders with diffs
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 30/01/05 10:09 AM Posted 30/01/05 10:09 AM If I was in the same situation as you jb, I wouldve lost it by now. If ford cant get it right id take it to a good diff shop like blown ba said and get someone that knows what theyre doing to rebuild it and hit ford up for the cost. Shane.
WBT56 Mal Wood Automotive Member 457 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 30/01/05 09:41 PM Posted 30/01/05 09:41 PM JB, been flat out, have not had a chance to answer your post in the other thread. Can you give us a call today on 0746613548 if possible to discuss options? Ben.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 31/01/05 01:07 AM Posted 31/01/05 01:07 AM Surely there are engineers in Melbourne that are able to sort this out, maybe a supercar team or drag racing tem could point you in the right direction, it's time to send a man to do a mans job, the boys have had a turn JB, a result will come if you get it done independently.There must be a diff lapping/driveline expert down there somewhere.Scotty
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 4d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 31/01/05 02:00 AM Author Posted 31/01/05 02:00 AM Yeah thanks Scotty, Ben has been much help already. It's just a pitty they are not in Melb, as someone actually needs to see the whole car and drive it etc.Does anyone know someone I can trust in Melb? Without paying a fortune. I think we have a reasonable understanding of what the problem now is, I am working back from the clutch to the diff, so the car's in next monday to ensure all is ok at the gearbox end, then I need someone to help me out with the CV and diff end.I just want to get this right so I can re-tune my car enjoy it knowing that I am not doing damage from faulty parts.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 31/01/05 02:08 AM Posted 31/01/05 02:08 AM So much involved, pinion angle, lash adjustments & on & on. Who do your local speed shops use?Scotty
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 4d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 31/01/05 02:54 AM Author Posted 31/01/05 02:54 AM So much involved, pinion angle, lash adjustments & on & on. Who do your local speed shops use?ScottyYou are right Scotty, this is an area I openly admit I have not a clue about. Seems that my Dealer just changes over the diff without actually looking at possible reasons such as Pinion angle CV's, hubshaft CV's and so on.It seems that the whine is the diff but to have the same problem's on a brand new diff with freeplay etc starts to suggest it's something close to the diff, but nothing to do with the internals of it.Not sure who they use, I would rather go through some that people know rather than turning up to Jo Bloggs who says he can fix it but has no experience or has never done one before, etc.George said keysborough diffs, anyone else? Dynowog who do you use?APS guys anyone?
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 31/01/05 03:17 AM Posted 31/01/05 03:17 AM I have had experiance with keysborough diffs in the past JB and I cant go past them for their efforts. I had my diff troubles sorted very quickly and effieciently, they way it should be done. I will be soon getting a mini spool installed soon and I will be going back to them because of the great service I have already been provided.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 31/01/05 05:55 AM Posted 31/01/05 05:55 AM I have had experiance with keysborough diffs in the past JB and I cant go past them for their efforts. I had my diff troubles sorted very quickly and effieciently, they way it should be done. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now