Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
I have no doubt that I will have everything sorted in the next week and will continue to thoroughly enjoy my T with all the problems solved. :spoton:

Scotty and bandwagon will be along shortly to bag “bits-and-pieces”

Missingbitsnpieces, I'd hate to dissapoint ya Tabitha.

But I'll say this, turn one up to 300kw & see how its bits-and-pieces go then.

Scotty aka haterofJapcrap&itspushers,ceptTrenty

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
I have no doubt that I will have everything sorted in the next week and will continue to thoroughly enjoy my T with all the problems solved. :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scotty and bandwagon will be along shortly to bag “bits-and-pieces”

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Missingbitsnpieces, I'd hate to dissapoint ya Tabitha.

But I'll say this, turn one up to 300kw & see how its bits-and-pieces go then.

Scotty aka haterofJapcrap&itspushers,ceptTrenty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah valid point short man, but at least they are willing to lay it on the line and be proud of what comes out of their factory. Don’t think for a minute that I’m about to change camps though!

Trent.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 4d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

New diff has been ordered again, I cannot seem to get them to rebuild the one in the car rather than exchange.

Will see how it goes............ :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m
Posted (edited)

Turning off the car whilst it is moving will of course get rid of the driveline shunt.

It is effectively the same as coasting down a steep hill while in gear.. there is no shunt there is there? This is beacuse there is no throttle being required... and all the thrust is on one side of all the components with freeplay.

The reason the shunt there is still attributed to driveline freeplay. When you are at carpark speed, the engine revs are typically very low, this coupled with the fact that you are in first gear makes for a tough time for the PCM.

Take this scene... you are in a carpark, coasting in first... a bit above idle.... the car slows down a bit - now what does the PCM do? The PCM thinks "OK, I may be about to stall, I should bump up the revs a touch". So it does, it is essentially the same as u slightly stabbing the throttle with your right foot.

Then what does the PCM think? It thinks "OK, the revs are back up now, I can ease off the throttle". So now you find your car has forward momentum and due to this backlash, the revs have dropped in this miniscule amount of time, but then they go up again (due to the momentum of the car picking up the revs, after they have EVER SO SLIGHTLY dropped off off due to the slack in the driveline). This process continues and causes the car and engine to "fight one another" so to speak.

This "bunny-hopping" continues to get worse the more the momentum of the car increases and the suspension gets loaded up.

Yes, it is your PCM that is doing it, but it is still caused by the backlash in your driveline.

Ross

Edited by Ford_Power
  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 4d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

:spoton: Agree with everything you have said Ross. :spoton:

I suppose I am just trying to minimise it so the car can be driven at low speeds with self bunny hopping across a carpark.

Pretty poor form from ford when I have had and driven many a performance car and never experineced this.

My car was on a hoist next to another one last week at the dealers and we looked at the movement and freeplay in the driveline between the two, the difference was amazing, mine was tighter!!!!

Anyway the diff change now is more to get rid of the whine, hopefully with the new tune I am getting will rid the pcm of this surging problem.

Thanks for your informative input!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...