jnr Member 48 Member For: 22y 6m 5d Location: Hills District Posted 20/01/05 05:25 PM Posted 20/01/05 05:25 PM Well it was the first real run I've had since owning my T. I've had it for 6 months now and I've never had the chance to line up against anyone worth while on the street ( Very responsibly of coarse ).I roll up next to a brand new ( Only 900k's ) LS2 Ute & before I could stop , the bloke already had his window down asking me why I still had the torneau clips on the side of my ute when I've got a hard cover. I didn't entertain his question & went straigh for the " Nice car how does it travel " question to see if he was interested. His repsonse was " Lets see ".The lights went green & we've both dumped it. He's lost traction & I had him until...well...I guess you could say....the end of 1st gear. Then he's lost traction again in second but still managed to pull ahead of me. I cant even begin to explain the type of noise this thing made. It was most impressive. Don't get me wrong Im still a "T" fan but I have to admit this was a nice looking ute & had the balls to match. After I caught up with him I'd asked him if he had any mods and he is waiting on an exhaust & a chip. Cant imagine what this thing would do after that. What do we , we being XR6T's , need to do to keep up with animals like that. Who here would give an LS2 a run & come out on top. Guess then all I have to do is copy their mods , find the guy again & hope for a red light.
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 18d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 20/01/05 10:08 PM Posted 20/01/05 10:08 PM What do we , we being XR6T's , need to do to keep up with animals like that. Who here would give an LS2 a run & come out on top. Guess then all I have to do is copy their mods , find the guy again & hope for a red light.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be happy to give him, (legal of coarse), Ive spent $1800. so far and have run 13.1 on street tyres on a stinking hot night.They are light and have lots of go (the holdens), but we can stick it up them if we try.
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 20/01/05 10:09 PM Posted 20/01/05 10:09 PM The new HSV LS2 is a great engine no T in standard form will beat it unless the guy in the ls2 cant drive
Guest jteale Guests Posted 20/01/05 10:24 PM Posted 20/01/05 10:24 PM Geez so it should ... more $ and a v8 with more power (57kw) ... if it didn't give a stock XR6T a hosing I would be asking Expensive Daewoo for my money back ... but the T must be cheaper and easier to mod ... Turbo's usually are Cheers, Jason.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 20/01/05 10:30 PM Posted 20/01/05 10:30 PM Well it was the first real run I've had since owning my T. I've had it for 6 months now and I've never had the chance to line up against anyone worth while on the street ( Very responsibly of coarse ).I roll up next to a brand new ( Only 900k's ) LS2 Ute & before I could stop , the bloke already had his window down asking me why I still had the torneau clips on the side of my ute when I've got a hard cover. I didn't entertain his question & went straigh for the " Nice car how does it travel " question to see if he was interested. His repsonse was " Lets see ".The lights went green & we've both dumped it. He's lost traction & I had him until...well...I guess you could say....the end of 1st gear. Then he's lost traction again in second but still managed to pull ahead of me. I cant even begin to explain the type of noise this thing made. It was most impressive. Don't get me wrong Im still a "T" fan but I have to admit this was a nice looking ute & had the balls to match. After I caught up with him I'd asked him if he had any mods and he is waiting on an exhaust & a chip. Cant imagine what this thing would do after that. What do we , we being XR6T's , need to do to keep up with animals like that. Who here would give an LS2 a run & come out on top. Guess then all I have to do is copy their mods , find the guy again & hope for a red light.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep he should of beaten u as well. Well all I reckon you need is a Phase1 and u would of had him. LS2 pfff........ How come no Ls2's try me.
dswiders Member 398 Member For: 22y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Boronia, Vic Posted 20/01/05 10:41 PM Posted 20/01/05 10:41 PM Who here would give an LS2 a run & come out on top.Craig (GEEA) you out there ?I'd like to see Craig give the guy a run for his money
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 19d Location: Sydney Posted 20/01/05 11:16 PM Posted 20/01/05 11:16 PM was it a maloo or a maloo r8? what colour? They do look the goods IMHO
BEN189 Member 96 Member For: 22y 2m 14d Posted 20/01/05 11:24 PM Posted 20/01/05 11:24 PM hmmm, I would love to here the new LS2, a 6 litre V8 redlining at 6500rpms, oh baby.im sure if you spent the same money on a XRT ute as what he spent on the maloo it would be a different story. love to see the Tornado up aganist the Maloo, Vroom, Vroom.
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 7d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 20/01/05 11:36 PM Posted 20/01/05 11:36 PM Well it was the first real run I've had since owning my T. I've had it for 6 months now and I've never had the chance to line up against anyone worth while on the street ( Very responsibly of coarse ).I roll up next to a brand new ( Only 900k's ) LS2 Ute & before I could stop , the bloke already had his window down asking me why I still had the torneau clips on the side of my ute when I've got a hard cover. I didn't entertain his question & went straigh for the " Nice car how does it travel " question to see if he was interested. His repsonse was " Lets see ".The lights went green & we've both dumped it. He's lost traction & I had him until...well...I guess you could say....the end of 1st gear. Then he's lost traction again in second but still managed to pull ahead of me. I cant even begin to explain the type of noise this thing made. It was most impressive. Don't get me wrong Im still a "T" fan but I have to admit this was a nice looking ute & had the balls to match. After I caught up with him I'd asked him if he had any mods and he is waiting on an exhaust & a chip. Cant imagine what this thing would do after that. What do we , we being XR6T's , need to do to keep up with animals like that. Who here would give an LS2 a run & come out on top. Guess then all I have to do is copy their mods , find the guy again & hope for a red light. LS2 pfff........ How come no Ls2's try me. :lol: I can give you 323 reasons why they don't
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 20/01/05 11:53 PM Posted 20/01/05 11:53 PM The new HSV LS2 is a great engine no T in standard form will beat it unless the guy in the ls2 cant drive<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Riiight...depends if he's using an auto or manual, autos are easier to launch and you dont get as much user error. You could be bloody Brocky and Im sure if he took a HSV LS2 ute down the quarter mile 10 times he'd get some very different times.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now