ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 01/11/04 05:23 AM Posted 01/11/04 05:23 AM Question ... will these shift kits operate correctly on an unmodified Auto allowing first to be selected???Cheers, Jason.Was thinking of the same thing myself :oI think one of you Mexicans will need to volunteer & provide feedback.Scotty
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 01/11/04 05:32 AM Posted 01/11/04 05:32 AM Question ... will these shift kits operate correctly on an unmodified Auto allowing first to be selected???Cheers, Jason.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was thinking of the same thing myself :roll:<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think one of you Mexicans will need to volunteer & provide feedback.Scotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why can't it be a Banana Bender :o
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 02/11/04 04:01 AM Posted 02/11/04 04:01 AM my mistook george, we need us a genuine Sand groper for this job, maybe Hypnodoc or the likes.Scotty
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 02/11/04 05:41 AM Posted 02/11/04 05:41 AM I am happy to drop one into my Ute, all but stock, standard Auto, I will be at WSID on the 10/11/04.What do say Shifty, how about a demo unit and I will do back to back runs, on and off, see how it goes.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 16/11/04 12:28 PM Author Posted 16/11/04 12:28 PM I have just finish installing the revised shiftkit for the BA. I'm not sure if the one I have is standard or for modded cars. I have given it a breif test and the car has first gear when in all modes. The car seemed to shift firmer and felt faster. It was a bit hard to do a thorough test as Renata was in the passenger seat sh*tting herself. She tells me that ever since the car got away from her , that shes a bit nervous when the ass end gets a bit loose. She assures me that the car was never in any danger, yeah right.Anyway back to the shiftkit. I think for $55 you cant go wrong. It will definately give you firmer shifts and its possible that if used in conjunction with a trans cooler that it could enable the auto to cope with modest power increases. Geea.
bloan Member 379 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne. Posted 16/11/04 12:42 PM Posted 16/11/04 12:42 PM What is the revised shift kit Geea? Was this revision from the supplier?
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 16/11/04 12:59 PM Author Posted 16/11/04 12:59 PM I'm not sure on the details but I believe that there is only one shift kit available for the BA's at the moment. This is the base model one. I could be wrong on this but I recall hearing it somewhere.The supplier revised it and sent over 2 for Dean and me to try out. I think Dean and myself are his unofficial test drivers. I think the unit does what it says it will and for the price you can't go wrong. Geea.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 17/11/04 05:24 AM Posted 17/11/04 05:24 AM Good to hear Craig still waiting for mine
shiftkits.com.au Member 29 Member For: 21y 11m 18d Posted 17/11/04 05:50 AM Posted 17/11/04 05:50 AM The BA is very particular, in the way it monitors the trans line pressure, therefore we revised the shift kits, to stop the trans taking off in the wrong gear. The problem was immediately evident with Craig and Deans modded auto's, and with futher testing, we found that under certain conditions, a std trans would also take off in 2nd- mainly under very light throttle take off.Therefore, we have revised the BA Shiftkits so that 2nd gear take off's are eliminated, however this means we will only be able to sell the single stage shift kit for the BA's.Due to the revised design it is not possible to have an adjustable or dual stage version.[blownBA - what is your order ID - I will chase it up]
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 17/11/04 05:56 AM Posted 17/11/04 05:56 AM Shifty,Do you have any retailers anywhere alse or is it done with mailorder?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now