XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 03/10/04 10:54 AM Author Posted 03/10/04 10:54 AM All they were was AU II tickford 17s to start with, then they cut the guts out of them, now they have turned them inside out..I much rather the 18's, as Glenn has already said id say they will be selling more of the $1,500 option soon.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 12d Location: Adelaide Posted 09/10/04 10:47 AM Posted 09/10/04 10:47 AM only a mother could love those rims...sadly mine has disowned me thinking I love these forums more than her....its not true.....its just not true
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 19/10/04 04:47 AM Posted 19/10/04 04:47 AM I think it's best to wait for the final delivered car before casting judgment...Dave.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 19/10/04 01:45 PM Posted 19/10/04 01:45 PM I much rather the 18's, as Glenn has already said id say they will be selling more of the $1,500 option soon. only thing I find disgraceful about the ford optional 18's is the price..at tempe tyres u can get some bloody good branded 18's with tyres for $1600+.look a damn side better than the factory jobbies to! I wish u could buy a XR with just stockie rims hey, that way u can save $$$,buy sh*t hot wheels and still have a set of burnout tyres with 4x good tread! ahh the life!
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 10m 27d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 20/10/04 01:30 AM Posted 20/10/04 01:30 AM K mart must have been overstocked with wheels and did a deal with Ford, there cheep looking. I surprised there not optioned with spokie dokes or those fully sick spinning hub caps.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Location: Toowoomba Posted 20/10/04 01:38 AM Posted 20/10/04 01:38 AM Dont ever bad mouth spokie dokies. Dazza.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 20/10/04 02:16 AM Posted 20/10/04 02:16 AM I much rather the 18's, as Glenn has already said id say they will be selling more of the $1,500 option soon.only thing I find disgraceful about the ford optional 18's is the price..at tempe tyres u can get some bloody good branded 18's with tyres for $1600+.look a damn side better than the factory jobbies to! I wish u could buy a XR with just stockie rims hey, that way u can save $$$,buy sh*t hot wheels and still have a set of burnout tyres with 4x good tread! ahh the life! I've been thinking this ever since I bought my first ford. It's never going to happen though because to take the value of what it costs ford for the wheels off the cars total price would be about $300 to us. Maybe they should just start putting decent wheels on their cars. FPV seem to have the right idea.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Location: Toowoomba Posted 20/10/04 02:20 AM Posted 20/10/04 02:20 AM I much rather the 18's, as Glenn has already said id say they will be selling more of the $1,500 option soon.only thing I find disgraceful about the ford optional 18's is the price..at tempe tyres u can get some bloody good branded 18's with tyres for $1600+.look a damn side better than the factory jobbies to! I wish u could buy a XR with just stockie rims hey, that way u can save $$$,buy sh*t hot wheels and still have a set of burnout tyres with 4x good tread! ahh the life! I've been thinking this ever since I bought my first ford. It's never going to happen though because to take the value of what it costs ford for the wheels off the cars total price would be about $300 to us. Maybe they should just start putting decent wheels on their cars. FPV seem to have the right idea. Or they could have a selection of wheels for the customer to choose from, Expensive Daewoo have 4 or 5 different sets to choose from. I am not sure if they all cost extra or not.Dazza.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 20/10/04 02:22 AM Posted 20/10/04 02:22 AM I much rather the 18's, as Glenn has already said id say they will be selling more of the $1,500 option soon.only thing I find disgraceful about the ford optional 18's is the price..at tempe tyres u can get some bloody good branded 18's with tyres for $1600+.look a damn side better than the factory jobbies to! I wish u could buy a XR with just stockie rims hey, that way u can save $$$,buy sh*t hot wheels and still have a set of burnout tyres with 4x good tread! ahh the life! The 18" Dunlops are ~$2200 (4) alone, Tempe don't sell them. So $1500 c/o is not a bad price IMO.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 24/10/04 03:19 AM Posted 24/10/04 03:19 AM FPV seem to have the right idea.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think all fords wheels are quite tame... and their ridiculous prices are a joke. Even the new FPV 19's don't look that good
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now