Julza Member 103 Member For: 23y 7m 29d Location: Melbourne Posted 01/10/04 04:17 AM Posted 01/10/04 04:17 AM The new rims look it makes the rims look smaller than 17"Looks like the main MKII Improvements are going to be in performance judging by the fact this car is in predelivery, then it's probabily still got it's suspension blocks in, thus it will sit higher, making the rims look smaller...I think you would find at the proper ride height it will look just as good as a MKI. Dave. What are the blocks in for? I believe the blocks are there to give the car extra 'ride height' while it is being transported, to prevent damage to say the front bar when it is loaded on and off the truck etc.Julza
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Posted 01/10/04 04:41 AM Author Posted 01/10/04 04:41 AM Yes and it stops them from moving up and down aswell without doing any damage to the suspension components.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 14d Location: Birkdale Posted 01/10/04 05:08 AM Posted 01/10/04 05:08 AM Intreging
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 03/10/04 01:23 AM Posted 03/10/04 01:23 AM looks much the same, the wheels are sh*t and so's the MKII badge (easily removed I presume, thank god!)
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 03/10/04 02:22 AM Posted 03/10/04 02:22 AM The new rims look it makes the rims look smaller than 17"Looks like the main MKII Improvements are going to be in performance What performance improvements will there be in MKii???? Those wheels had better look a lot better in the flesh
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 03/10/04 02:34 AM Posted 03/10/04 02:34 AM The shorter diff should make it feel faster.Dazza.
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Posted 03/10/04 02:35 AM Author Posted 03/10/04 02:35 AM Performance improvements will only be determined by the new Six speed manual, Autos wont be any quicker then Mark I. I reckon the series I 17's looked sh*t as well, so no surprises for the series II.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 03/10/04 08:38 AM Posted 03/10/04 08:38 AM Performance improvements will only be determined by the new Six speed manual, Autos wont be any quicker then Mark I. I reckon the series I 17's looked sh*t as well, so no surprises for the series II. the series 1 17's aren't that bad. Their friggin awesome compared to the new ones! seriously, they probably made them to make money, because everones gonna option the 18's instead of those ugly pos's
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Posted 03/10/04 09:53 AM Author Posted 03/10/04 09:53 AM Yeh I was probalry being a bit harsh :lol:The series I 17s do sh*t over the series II..
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 1d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 03/10/04 10:28 AM Posted 03/10/04 10:28 AM Didn't one of the designers from Ford's wheel design mob lob by here a while ago and ask for input? Couldn't have listened :lol: Those are tragic
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now