useless Member 259 Member For: 22y 4m 3d Gender: Male Posted 11/06/04 11:13 AM Posted 11/06/04 11:13 AM I HOPE FORD DOESNT ATTRACT VOLVO DRIVERS ......... XR6 TURBO CLOCKED AT 5KMPH ON OUR FREEWAYS
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 17d Location: Birkdale Posted 13/06/04 10:22 PM Posted 13/06/04 10:22 PM No, because I sell FPV manual and auto pedals for a living! I also installed a set of FPV manual pedals into a certain members car today! And ive got the FPV auto pedals in my car! :lol: :lol: Whats the price and part number of those parts and can I get myself a set and install them?
shockwave Member 129 Member For: 22y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/06/04 09:03 AM Posted 24/06/04 09:03 AM Who heard this Volvo rumor? Its actually a Jaguar sourced gearbox which may end up in the GT after they resolve some of the niggling issues. It seems that the automatic will remain a 4-speed for now until they can get the other one to fit.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Posted 24/06/04 10:59 AM Posted 24/06/04 10:59 AM I heard the VOLVO rumour ..... and I keep hearing it too
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 5m Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 07/07/04 03:49 AM Posted 07/07/04 03:49 AM Speaking with a long-time Ford salesman in Sydney last week, he told me that the Typhoon release date is still not nominated only that it will be 4th quarter 2004.Also told me that Auto Trans WILL NOT be available till 2nd quarter 2005. Suppose this augers well for a slick new tranny.
Guest Speedevil™ Guests Posted 07/07/04 12:32 PM Posted 07/07/04 12:32 PM Well the Ford FPV Website says 5 Speed Manual, but I was told by a Ford Engineer, that it would be the ZF 6 Speed.ZF are supposed to be supplying the new 5Speed Autos as well...
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 07/07/04 01:52 PM Posted 07/07/04 01:52 PM OT: Team™ grows!
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/07/04 01:03 PM Posted 09/07/04 01:03 PM Well the Ford FPV Website says 5 Speed Manual, but I was told by a Ford Engineer, that it would be the ZF 6 Speed.ZF are supposed to be supplying the new 5Speed Autos as well... I reckon if they are going to a new box, then FPV will dump all the rattly TREMECS into the Typhoons, then introduce a new 6 speed when the autos become available in mid 2005. Only a guess, but then again if FPV and FMC ain't telling anyone I reckon its to stall any buyer indecision before those awesome machines hit the showrooms. Although I'd love to own one, and if FPV do have quality control, the F6 should be much more gremlin free than the series 1 Ts and GTs, but I ain't buying one till all the clunks and tinkles from the bum have gone
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 11/07/04 05:24 AM Posted 11/07/04 05:24 AM So Looking forward to it!
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 11/07/04 10:54 AM Posted 11/07/04 10:54 AM Well the Ford FPV Website says 5 Speed Manual, but I was told by a Ford Engineer, that it would be the ZF 6 Speed.ZF are supposed to be supplying the new 5Speed Autos as well...I reckon if they are going to a new box, then FPV will dump all the rattly TREMECS into the Typhoons, then introduce a new 6 speed when the autos become available in mid 2005. Only a guess, but then again if FPV and FMC ain't telling anyone I reckon its to stall any buyer indecision before those awesome machines hit the showrooms. Although I'd love to own one, and if FPV do have quality control, the F6 should be much more gremlin free than the series 1 Ts and GTs, but I ain't buying one till all the clunks and tinkles from the bum have gone Hmm,good point about the bumps and tinkles, but you forgot the crunches sounds like a good plan....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now