XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Posted 18/06/04 12:55 PM Posted 18/06/04 12:55 PM (edited) vixen is going for her maiden cruise Edited 18/06/04 12:55 PM by XR6_ED
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 18/06/04 01:21 PM Posted 18/06/04 01:21 PM woohoo!! go the vixen the 27th was in mention of the FPV club that John was talking about before all the posts got deleted. He said that he hounded down one of their members and was chatting to them.....come on ppl....u read the thread as well.....why is it left up 2 me to have the memory....
XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Posted 18/06/04 01:27 PM Posted 18/06/04 01:27 PM 27th is out for me ,,,my sons 4th birthday party( but I know what I rather be doing )
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 18/06/04 01:34 PM Posted 18/06/04 01:34 PM Bring your son along...I'm sure he'd enjoy some time with his dad
XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Posted 18/06/04 01:37 PM Posted 18/06/04 01:37 PM I'd rather put up with screaming kids than a whinge wife :lol:
Boost6 Member 111 Member For: 22y 10m 10d Location: Adelaide Posted 18/06/04 03:00 PM Posted 18/06/04 03:00 PM My ute left Melbourne (on TNT) today so wont have it back till next week - babow.If the weather is good I might still come (I'll just have to bring my other car)For those of you that are interested, the reason it has been out of action for a whileis I decided to upgrade a few things on the ute.The main one was the trans. It had been slipping since I came back from Perth (Drag combat runner up) so rather than just get it rebuilt to standard specs it was stripped & now has kevlar clutches, custom servos & valve body, heavy duty shift kit etc. The torque convertor has been rebuilt & the stall has been increased by 300 rpm (still with lock up). While it was off the road, bruce did an excellent job of fitting GT valve springs, & a bosch fuel pump. The turbo was removed & has had a larger wastegate & actuator fitted.While it was all off, I got the exhaust manifold/turbine housing/wastegate housing ceramic coated. When it all went back on a full stainless exhaust was also fitted.After the trans guy in Melbourne finished with the trans, Simon from Nizpro did some fine tuning. With the Cobra stage 2 kit & these extra mods this set-up is easily capable of 350rwkw, but as it still has the std internals & I want to use it every day & occasionally tow my race car with it, I asked Simon to back off the tune to around 300rwkw. The main goal was huge mid-range torque rather than more top end power, so cant wait to get it back next week & see how the tyres like it!See yall on Sunday.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 18/06/04 05:00 PM Posted 18/06/04 05:00 PM your one crazy man John is all I can say.....u can just sit there and look at us mere mortals who still have our T's stock
Guest Guests Posted 18/06/04 11:24 PM Posted 18/06/04 11:24 PM I'd rather put up with screaming kids than a whinge wife :lol: Were talking SON here,not handbrakes..Tell SWMBO its a special BONDING thing to go for a drive with your son and some BLOKES..And hot fords involved;I rest my case..vik
Guest Guests Posted 18/06/04 11:26 PM Posted 18/06/04 11:26 PM Hey Boostie,and just what is this OTHER CAR???vik
Boost6 Member 111 Member For: 22y 10m 10d Location: Adelaide Posted 19/06/04 01:04 AM Posted 19/06/04 01:04 AM An atmo 140 kw beemer - just doesn't seem to do it for me, but it is a good cruiser & daily car.The GTR is not quite finished yet.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now