Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest rnabokov
  • Guests
Posted

Strange how no-one has mentioned the warranty that Waxguard offers on their treatment. I got 9 years on mine for a 2nd hand car - 8 months old. The dealer said the warranty is where a lot of the cost is. I was quoted $1100 for the box & dice-that's rust, fabric, underbody, and 2 separate paint treatments. The dealer is in Lismore NSW.

Also, the XRST is NOT a ("farkin") quiet car. The road noise on black tar highways is intrusive compared to a refined ride like a Magna. Yeah yeah, the Magna is no XRST, but it is a good example of a refined ride.

Finally, Ford's rust proof guarantee fails to take into account rust that happens in seams where sometimes the paint doesn't get to, and of course, if you drive in coastal and/or dusty areas...

As far as I am concerned the Waxguard is worth it.

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 1d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Mate, dont you dare get the paint protection, dont you dare let the as*hole dealers who couldnt give a rats ass about your car apply anything to your cars paintwork, I had the paint protection applied to my car and then when I brought the car home I straight away noticed a hell of a lot of swirl marks in the paint which obviously the dealer has put on, HA and this is with like 40km's on the clock :spoton: . So don't you dare allow an unproffesional from a car dealer touch your paintwork.

Spend the money on taking your car to a proffesional car detailer every six months and buy some good quality car washing equipment like car shampoo, not just el cheapo car wash from super cheap and a very good quality Meguiars chamois, etc. Trust me the good quality car wash stuff makes all the difference in the world. the paint protection is a complete waste of money.

There is not a thing in the world that can protect your car from the bad elements like regular washing using proper methods and good quality products. And of course a periodical waxing of your car.

If your that keen on getting paint protection of some kind, take it to a proffessional outsider from ford. Ford dealers really do know jack about paint care its as simple as that, and sell the so called paint protection at a completely unwarranted price.

If I could show you pics of the swirl marks done by the dealer I would, but dont have a good enough camera...

post-33-1082134445.jpg

Guest Scootre
  • Guests
Posted
If I could show you pics of the swirl marks done by the dealer I would, but dont have a good enough camera...

Shoot it in direct sunlight, with the sun above and behind you. No camera wll show swirl marks if you shoot in diffuse, overcast light like you have in your pic.

Congrats on the car mate. Looks great.

  • .
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 17d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Mate, dont you dare get the paint protection, dont you dare let the as*hole dealers who couldnt give a rats ass about your car apply anything to your cars paintwork, I had the paint protection applied to my car and then when I brought the car home I straight away noticed a hell of a lot of swirl marks in the paint which obviously the dealer has put on, HA and this is with like 40km's on the clock :gooff: . So don't you dare allow an unproffesional from a car dealer touch your paintwork.

Spend the money on taking your car to a proffesional car detailer every six months and buy some good quality car washing equipment like car shampoo, not just el cheapo car wash from super cheap and a very good quality Meguiars chamois, etc. Trust me the good quality car wash stuff makes all the difference in the world. the paint protection is a complete waste of money.

There is not a thing in the world that can protect your car from the bad elements like regular washing using proper methods and good quality products. And of course a periodical waxing of your car.

If your that keen on getting paint protection of some kind, take it to a proffessional outsider from ford. Ford dealers really do know jack about paint care its as simple as that, and sell the so called paint protection at a completely unwarranted price.

If I could show you pics of the swirl marks done by the dealer I would, but dont have a good enough camera...

hhmmm I too am a silhouette owner who opted for the paint protection and am very very disappointed.

I am currently looking into having it buffed out bya professional and getting them to start from scratch...

meyek3, what have you done???

Has anyone had paint protection buffed out professionally??? I would hate to make it worse...

please send suggestions, much appreciated!!!

Chris

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 16d
  • Location: Maitland, NSW
Posted

Well, it's done. I rang the dealer yesterday and told them to jam the car care package and the window tinting (it saved me $2k off the price of the car for a start :)) but the woman wouldn't stop going on about how I should still get the paint protection. She claimed that the dealership uses a "special" resin glaze that other dealers don't and that the $595 price tag is well worth it. I seriously doubt that anything they can do it worth 600 bucks! I eventually got her to take all of it off my invoice and I told her I would call her if I choose to put the paint protection back on before the car is delivered.

So has anyone else heard the term "resin glaze" in their travels? How much does aftermarket protection usually cost? Maybe it would still be worth trying to screw the price for it down...

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Every dealer claims to use their own grandmothers special blend polish/treatment/dayspa/bull$hit

Do not believe them, it is all just up selling

I think it is funny how they try to make you feel like you will be charged with car abuse if you do not buy their crap.

If you want a paint treatment go aftermarket as the dealer stuff is 100% markup and its usually done by a 3rd party anyway.

Crisso: I would find out what treatment your car has had and ask the dealer to re do the job or find out from the company that applied it on how to remove theit $hit

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted

At work yesterday there a car that had a MING RUSTPROOFING on it, and right next to the sticker was a large patch of rust :lol:

Geez that ming protection must work well<<NOT :gooff:

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 1d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted
So has anyone else heard the term "resin glaze" in their travels? How much does aftermarket protection usually cost? Maybe it would still be worth trying to screw the price for it down...

Well done for telling them to jam it. l really despise the way dealerships pounce on you after having signed up for a new car to sell you their crap with 300% and more mark ups.

To answer yout question, l had aftermarket paint protection applied by a very reputable local panel beater. He used a German system, cant remember the name, and charged me all of $150. The result was well worth it, it really did work and for the 6 months l had the car after, it proved to be very durable.

How does $150 compare to what they wanted to charge you?

Guest rnabokov
  • Guests
Posted

Hey Meyek3, thanks for the advice. I'll make it very plain to the dealer that anything less than a perfect application will, under Waxguard (and/or Ford) warranty result in a complete re-spray. My car has no swirls. It will be returned to me with no swirls. Their response will determine my course of action.

Maybe you could try to invoke the Waxguard warranty.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 1d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Well to put it quite simply, I most certainly will not be dealing will my dealer anymore over the paint protection crap. Since I have had the paint protection I now am supposed to return the car for a second treatment HA LIKE HELL I WILL BE!

I eventually intend to take the car to a reputable proffesional car detailer. I am very very fussy about my new car, and to spend $45,000+ on a new car and to have swirl marks in the paint is totally unacceptable, but as with most cases, its my word against the dealers as to who caused the damage, (It was definately not me), and I would no doubt be blamed for damage hence the reason why it is not worth the waste of money over paint protection. If you guys are so convinced about paint protection then answer me this question... Who is gonna repair swirl marks in paint after you have driven your car out of the showroom? MING or FORD DEALER? BA BAOW the answer? YOU!!!

Why do we have clear coats on cars nowadays? To protect the pigments and surface of vehicle paint from being exposed to the elements.

Who will no doubt spend more money to have swirl marks removed which were caused by a dodgy dealer creating the swirl marks whilst applying the so called paint protection? (ME)

Best protection is keeping your new car away from dealers who know nothing about paint care. Hell if I could buy and pick up a car straight from the Ford factory just so these unproffesional car dealers dont get their grotty hands on the car I would.

As I said in my previous post, nothing can protect your paint like regular washing and polishing with good products and good techniques and possibly keeping your car out of the elements as much as possible (garage).

The reason for poor paint condition on older cars is not because of the lack of "paint protection" its becase paint quality like steel was no where near as good years ago as it is today, take for example the EA Falcons or VN Commodores, they just about all have faded paint... Ahhh exept for the ones that have been very well cared for (polished, garaged - selling point in most older car adds). Nissan Datsuns are usually full of rust because the impurity content in the steel back then was way too high and the steel was very unrefined.

Fella's dont get sucked into the paint protection or interior protection for that matter, it is a conspiracy... There has actually been a report in a newspaper about how since car service intervals are now further apart, the car dealers have to try and make up for monetry losses because of this by selling more and more accesories, which you and I know are way overpriced (Paint Protection)

All of you people know how you want to treat your cars, dealers will not treat it the same as you wanted.

Will paint protection stop a young kid from scratching it with a key?

Dont want faded paint? Keep your car out of the sun.

Dont want stains in your interior, dont drink or eat in your car.

But if you wouldnt have it any other way..........

I know this will convince most of you people...

Cheers

By the way, I am not trying to offend anyone here, just speaking from my own experiences.

:hitit:

[email protected]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...