Jump to content

XR8Chic

Member
  • Posts

    340
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by XR8Chic

  1. FYI - the 1:64 Blue Print BA XR8's and the 1:43 Venom Red BA XR8's are now available. The acid rush 1:64 BA XR8's have been made, but are not available yet (still on there way over from china - so it might still be a while - cos there is lots of quarantines to go through at the moment) the other colours, and the FPV range, and V8supercar range, and Konica range will be out soon.
  2. hey, just curious if there is going to be a fordxr6turbo.com display at MotorEx this year?
  3. c'mon - its on free to air late at night - its bound to be quality viewing.
  4. oh - forgot to mention. If somone calls up the drive ins, and advises that you are car club, and you are attending, you will get in for $10 each.
  5. chrislak - there is an unmarked white ba xr6t in the bexley area, so its understandable as to why people will get nervous around you. I overtook a copper once near albury. I did it at the speed limit, and about 5 mins later he pulled me over. Checked my licence, and said I was too close to the car infront of me. I explained we were driving together, and I was following cos I didnt know where I was (hehe). He let me go.
  6. Bass hill is gonna be packed!! I know that HEAPS of car clubs are going that day. Make sure you get there early. I wont be going - I am gonna see it a few days before hand. SCR booked out a gold class cinema so I am going with them.
  7. Was chatting to the CFC rep in the club, and he was saying they are expecting 80,000 people this year!! Cant remember all the drivers who will be there, but the list included Lowndes, Seton, Canto, Bowe and a few others. So - its going to be big!! if you all want to display together - I suggest you meet up somewhere VERY EARLY and drive in together and then set up your display.
  8. XR8Chic

    Mug Shots

    oh - that's me.. yes - the pic is small, and dark, you cant see much and I look grumpy... but that's about the best photo I have. (unless you want one of me in a helmet)
  9. XR8Chic

    Mug Shots

    hmm - you have changed a little havent you.. so how are you coping missing out on being in the sexiest 100 list now that you are single?? hehe
  10. As you are probably aware by now, a Newcastle sub-branch of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW has been formed. Essentially, we will be catering to performance Ford owners in Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, the Central Coast and North Coast (plus anyone else who wants to come along!). We will be holding our own monthly meetings, as well as organising a calendar of events. At times, we will join in events with the Sydney and Canberra clubs. This is to notify you all of our inaugural monthly meeting. This will be held next Wednesday evening, June 4th, at the West Wallsend Workers Club, Carrington Street, West Wallsend. West Wallsend is reasonably central to most of us, and is easily accessible right off the F3. For information about the club (including a map), visit their website: http://www.wwwc.com.au. The meeting will start at 7.30pm and should be finished by 9.30pm. Please note that our monthly meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month. We are currently in negotiations with Kloster Ford in Newcastle to see if we can possibly hold our meetings there. These discussions are taking some time, so if and when something happens, we will let you know straight away. In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday evening. As this is your club, we would love to catch up with you all and hear any thoughts and comments you may have, to make the club as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact any of the Newcastle committe members: Mark (Chairman)- 0428 866 092 [email protected] Richard (Secretary)- 0414 945 666 [email protected] Ben (Events)- 0402 293 351 events [email protected] Warren (Events)- 0418 271 873 [email protected] Richard Stevenson Newcastle secretary
  11. I have had 4 cars. 1973 Corolla coupe (4cyl, 2 speed auto, with air brushed graphics) 1989 EA S pack falcon (6cyl, 3speed auto) 1993 EDXR8 (V8, 6 speed manual) - still have it 1996 Toyota Hi lux (4cyl, 4 speed auto) - still have it best of the lot would be the XR8. Absolute pleasure to drive. Bought it 5.5 years ago for $21k, and its currently valued at $26k. I love the car so much that when I bought my current house, I wouldnt look at any houses unless they had a double garage. Oh - and I will be househunting again soon... and next time I will be looking for a minimum 3 car garage (for some reason realtors dont understand why a single female wants to buy a house with a 4 car garage... or even better - a workshop)
  12. 2 words - tracking alarm!!
  13. OMG - mjh - that's just wrong. you are getting pulled over at least once a day. you would think that all the cops in the area would know you by now..
  14. Hey, Not sure how many of you are planning on heading over to wakefield this weekend, but it should be a good one. Team Yamaha are debuting there BA GT there this weekend. Trevor Haines will be driving it. John Falk will be driving Trevor's old car - the TE50. Cant wait to see the GT kick some butt. Hope he has a better debut than he did in the TE50 last year Dont forget the ute muster is on - so anyone who turns up in a ute on sunday gets in for free (with a paying passenger) :D
  15. I use maguirs on my car. the canuba (sp?) wax, gold class wash, quick detail, the wash mit, the interior cleaner... everything.!! A friend of mine gave me some mothers to use once, and the only thing I liked about it was the smell (it smells like lollies). Too bad that it was silicone based - so as soon as the car got outside it was covered in dust!! Ask anyone who was at the display at wakefield last year - my car had so much dust on it, everyone thought it was brown. All the other cars didnt have the dust stick to the car - it just blew away. So if you want a nice shiny car that only stays inside - use mothers. If you want a car you can take outside - use maguirs.
  16. If anyone would like to have there car in the main display at the all ford day (or possibly be part of the 100 years of ford display) and you are already a member of the FPV-Tickford club of NSW please contact Ben - [email protected] If you are not yet a member of the club, and would like to join, all the information is available on the club websites. http://nsw.fpvclub.com for the NSW branch. http://act.fpvclub.com for the ACT branch. Club members who display with the club display, 100 years of ford display or concourse display will get cheaper entry (and goody bag). Numbers are limited though, so contact Ben to confirm your spot.
  17. hahaha Nope. I am a techy at a puter company. Oh - and its Nestle that make smarties. There office is in the same building as me, 3 floors up. :D hmmmm nestle shop... hmmm giant bags of lollies for $3.
  18. hmmmm blueprint smarties...
  19. South Coast Cruise Time : 9:30am Location : Meeting at the Leo's Roadhouse / Ampol at the Crossroads. Details :Cruising down through Bowral and Moss Vale and Kangaroo Valley. Stopping off at a Pub to watch Ford win another round of the V8's. New members / Potential members are welcome.
  20. Saturday night 24th May We will meet at the silverwater Boat ramp, 4pm. Depart at 4:30 sharp. Too late? Catch us if you can!!! We will head west along the M4 until we reach Mulgoa Road exit. Regroup at the Ampol on Mulgoa road, then off to Emu Plains and head up Old Bathurst Road, quite a twisty fun road, into Mount Riverview. We will then proceed to Mitchells Pass. A great fun, one way, no traffic, short stretch of twisty, smooth blacktop to really test you and machine!!! Regroup at the bottom, hang around a bit then head back to the motorway for Springwood. Turn off the Great western Highway into Hawkesbury Road to head down the mountain into Agnes Banks via Springwood road. After that, around 7 - 7:30 we will go to St Marys Leagues Club for dinner and a few brews. There is quite a good all you can eat buffet in there, nice modern club, good well lit parking lot patrolled by security guards. Should be a good afternoon/evening out, good food, good friends, great cars, and a great 'twisty road' cruise!!!
  21. P.S Dont forget to cover your rego plates and stickers if you do go out there. A club member with a T Series had his warranty voided because the ford dealer found out that he went to a driver training day at wakefield park. (I would have thought that they wouldnt care about the driver training day... I would have thought they might have voided the warranty due to his car being on the front page of a popular automotive website doing a burnout .. but the owner says it was the driver training day)
  22. XR8Chic

    Avatars ...

    mine is easy - it is a pic of my car. I remember once on another forum (wont mention any names) a new member copied the same avatar as one of the mods. The mod was not impressed. Well I cant say too much without giving it away... but the avatar the new user had "changed" and went instead of being a good thing... became a bad thing. I dont think the new user posted there afterwards.
  23. I was sitting here at work looking through the pics from the cruise last weekend to warragamba dam, and I thought the cars looked all nice and colourfull all lined up there. Anyways - there is a table near my desk where they put all the cakes, chips, biscuits and lollies out for everyone in the dept. they were refilling everything, and they poured some smarties into a big bowl. I looked over and I could help noticing that the bowl of smarties with all there colours looked like the BA's. Blue smarties are close to blueprint. Purple smarties Black smarties yellow smarties (that acid thingo colour that's the same as cjf's car) red smarties green smarties (ok - they are too light.) etc etc etc ok... maybe I am going crazy..
  24. can I make a suggestion... you might want to confirm with wakefield about taking passangers. I know that they didnt mind a year ago, but the last few times I have gone, they wouldnt allow passangers, unless they were instructors. Also - increasing your tyre pressures to more than 40 would be a good idea. When I go on the track, I usually pump them up to 45 (I run 40 on the street). And - watch the ripple strips. I had an incident where I was sliding a little, and the passenger side wheels went over the ripple strip. = 1 buckled rim, and 1 new tyre. A driving instructor slid out at the same corner (a few months later) in my sisters car. = 2 scratched rims, and 1 smashed spoiler.
  25. To be allowed to do a club display at the All ford day, you have to be a member of the CFC. (Combined ford car club) In order to be a member of the CFC you have to... be an incorporated club. you have to allow cars into the club that are over 10 years of age. You cant allow cars into your club that are the same cars allowed by another club that is in the CFC. (eg. The small ford car club can not join the CFC as they allow cortina's as members... and the cortina car club is already a member of the CFC) However... There is a public cars display section in the back of the show in the gravel car park. I think its $20 to display your car there.
×
×
  • Create New...