Jump to content

kawerx

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kawerx

  1. not ghost rider.he rides a black suzuki gsxr1000.air bag didnt help much.
  2. kawerx

    Nankangs

    We sell nangkang and marshall tyres at work.I think the nangkang are a better looking tyre.ns2 is a newer patern compared to ns1.marshall's sidewalls dont look very good imo.there is graphix all over them.we have sold a lot of nankangs without one compaint. there is starting to come on to the market a range of even cheaper tyres from china. quality is poor on many of these.nangkang seem ok for the money.I am running another set of dunlop 3000a on my 17's,fool. I have fitted several nangkangs that required no wheel weights at all-always a good sign. all marshall over 18's are sillica now. reteads should be illegal in my opinion.they have no grip at all.are deadly in the wet,incease braking distace,fall to bits at high speed and can never be balanced. never fit reteads imo.better off with second hand tyres I think. nangkangs or marshalls far better than reteads or bald tyres. all depends how you drive.if you need maximum performace from your tyres maybe look elsewhere.eg michelan pirelli bridgstone ect. for every day driving nangys ok.
  3. I NEED MY FLASH TUNER BACK!
  4. it has been done with edit and unichip running together. found it on another thread somewhere.dont know where. modified car, edit for everyday driving,unichip switch for extra boost for racing at the lights or strip ect.
  5. you dont need codes to read the info coming out of the obdII port just the right tools for the job.
  6. I think your asking a bit much from a simple flash tuner. On the contrary.... All the data is there.... being interogated by the ECU continuously. The flash tuner already has the hardware for communication with the OBD11 port, and all the data for logging is available from that port. All it requiires is an additional memory chip, and the code to log the data to memory. It's NOT that difficult if you have access to the code sequences for extracting the parameters required. Like I said, I'd want to have quantitative data before making changes to a custom dyno tune. Having logged data of power runs (as F6ute also points out) is ideal feedback for assessment of where additional changes can be made. If you don't have the confidence in making your own adjustments, by providing the logged data to your tuner, he can make qualified tweaks to a custom tune much more easily. I'd be surprised if CAPA have not incorporated some logging features, as it is a great feature with minimum additional hardware cost. tom flash tuner is not for data logging.I think these products are coming towards the end of the year. you can buy equipment now to read all the info coming from the obdII port. these units are expensive and desighned for profesionals. that's not what this software is about. its about giving people the ability to access thier flash tuners. the flash tuner is not for storing info from the car.
  7. dude was drunk. which means no insurance cover. DH!
  8. It is not illegal to record phone calls. Infact you will find most business record phone calls these days especially call centres. its only legal if they tell you. it is illegal to record a phone call using a recording device that is part of the phone. however if you place a recording device near the phone,like in your ear(technolgy is out there)it is legal. some one I know works in a government dept.(not ford)
  9. I dont want to sell my T anymore. been waiting a long time for this. DIY can be very rewarding. it can also be dangerous. like kids playing with matches,some will get burnt. will the software be vin locked or flash tuner locked? can you change cars? estamate on cost?
  10. I would like to see fuel timing boost injectors diff cold start some rev limit change-be carefull some trans stuff like gear change timing-firmness torque limiting software adjustment-elination what else do the dealers get access to. good idea to work back from that.
  11. if warranty was an optional extra I would not buy it. I would like to know how much of a new car purchase price is the warranty. it is illegal to record a phone call.it breaches the telecomunications act.there are exceptions but you never know who will be reading this!
  12. top work.good info
  13. kawerx

    Tyre Questions

    Rosso's are best I have driven on, in the wet they are amazing. Great in dry as well. I am running 17's & paid 310.00 each. that does not sound too dear if they are that good.
  14. kawerx

    Tyre Questions

    the corsa is a semi slick track tyre isnt it.I think the rossos have come down a lot.I will check current prices tommorow.I saw them at a price not much more than the dunyloops.I will make sure this is not an error.
  15. has anyone tried perelli p zerro rosso tyres? are they any good? they look good and are listed as ultra high performance.they are available in 17 and 18's
  16. I dont think you could run it on the drain off the puffer as it has no oil pressure on this side.it needs to run somewhere like the oil filter-hi flow-high pressure.imo. shoot me down if im wrong. :biggun:
  17. its all marketing.ford recomend minaral oils,last time I checked fpv recomended castrol synthetic oils.Why?sales and profit. I think they would have a hard time selling $150 of oil on every service to the thousands of T owners,dont you?
  18. “Second guess Ford engineers??” Is this not a FPV vehicle with 4ltr F6 engine in it? Are they not advertising the fact they use this 0W~40 oil? I would say to you simply that the Ford engineers have decided that STD 15W40 mineral oil is not up to the task at hand with the increase in hp that they have applied to the engine. But the 0W~40 is. “Your car is a Street car…..” Yes mine is but funny thing is it is no longer running 270kws and is @ 400kws … Should I still be using the “recommended” mineral oil? Would you have sex in a brothel without a Condom? I don’t think so! Ford usually recommends the cheapest oil that meets its required specification so as to keep its Fleet maintenance costs competitive with the opposition. This doesn’t mean that the “recommended” mineral oil is the best oil!!!! Secondly if the said Oil 0W~40 FormulaR in this case exceeds the ford “recommended” specification then they have no choice but to honor your warranty. Simple fact is most people just don’t like to pay for the good Oil. I'v used catrol formula R 0-40 from 5000k onward in my T.its awsome.my motor is spottless.I change the oil every 7500kms and it is just starting to get dirty.imo 15000km is too long. from my experiance with high performance motor bikes oils make a huge differance,why not in cars?mineral oils suck.go synthetic.$100 an oil change is not to much to ask is it.I spent $170 on bloody petrol on the weekend.
  19. I have a capa flash tuner.currently being used on my mk 1 ba auto ute.I will put my car back to factory tune to sell the car.I believe this will then not be vin locked to my car because the factory tune has been restored.is this correct or does it need to be reset? I am the first and only user of this flash tuner unit.What is it worth?
  20. relocate horn to zee front of pants me thinks?
  21. kawerx

    Tyres Again

    tread did not split as my last set did.a piece of the tread came off.has anyone used pirreli p zerro rosso's? are they any good?
  22. kawerx

    Tyres Again

    I dont know the tyre you speak of but it sounds like a great price.dunloops are too pricey and my new set of 3000a's are falling apart after 6000 k's.piece of the tread in the centre of the tyre came off.(lifted is the tyre wholesalers term)
  23. it sounds like you got 2 valet tunes. a simple mistake.send it back and they will send you what you paid for.not everyone wants or needs to fork out for a custom tune.allthough im sure this would be money well spent.dont forget to flash the factory tune back to your car before sending flash tuner back to capa.I run on generic tunes and its good,not perfect but good.bloody thing revs over 2200rpm on cold start up.really annooyying. I KNOW, CUSTOM TUNE, I KNOW I KNOW!!
  24. I believe the ba ecm have both long term and short term memory.this may explain why it can take 1000 clicks to adapt to new fuel.I thought high octane fuel had a longer shelf life over unleaded?
×
×
  • Create New...