-
Posts
179 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by GEoMaNTiK
-
hey stretchy, nice figure... I'm fast approaching 14k on the dial and that's in just 5 months.
-
no doubt in my mind, the gt 40 is a supercar in every aspect. it's raw, hard edged, super quick, awesome handling and looks the sh*t. anyone gonna disagree???
-
Anyone Own An Edited Bf T Or Phoon
GEoMaNTiK replied to GEoMaNTiK's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Hey mark, I'll keep my eyes out for your phantom T down Plenty Rd. I haven't taken the plunge on the edit as yet, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice, I've just returned from an overseas holiday which has dented me in the $$$ department. As for the place to get the tune done, it would be much better getting it done around here but from all the good reports from the 2 big guys Nizpro & HPF and with all that money being spent, I'm gonna do it right the first time. I'll be going to see Simon at Nizpro when ready, he's been more than helpful with all of my questions and the extra couple of hundred $$'s will be worth it over the smaller guys. I'm in about the same boat as yourself, could afford the Capa Box and that's it right now, but I don't wanna play with Generics, I'll get the whole thing done at the same time - when I can afford it. Though it's killing me, I want it NOW! Cheers, Trav -
And not to mention how cheaply a T can me modded compared with how much $$$ is required for most other rides. Not that I've taken the plunge and it seems like a bit of cash to hand over but the sort of gains we are talking from these tuning houses such as Nizpro & HPF are just incredible and the best bang for your buck around.
-
The funny thing is, I didn't even think about what they were thinking, my only thought was to get those Vipers snapped, the yanks love attention and just sat while I snapped 4 pics, no dramas. Then afterwards I realised how much of a nutter I must have looked like. Yep 22's seem to be the go, looks a bit strange on some machines but depends how big the car is. Check out this Humma (Hummer?) and the best Beamer I have ever seen in the flesh, a Killa 6 Series I clicked while in Miami.
-
Hey Guys, My sleep pattern is all screwed up at the moment and my luggage is 24hrs behind me, sitting around at LAX airport bcoz they forgot to load it on the plane which is always a nice way to end a whirlwind tour of the US and the Caribbean. Mission while in the big smoke... #1 Have a Crazy Time = Achieved #2 Catch a glimpse of a Dodge Viper = Achieved (Just...) I love the cars they drive in the states, lots and lots of Stangs and damn they look good, sure wish we had the option over here at a reasonable price. Everything is BIG, from SUV's to Pickups, man our Xr6's would feel Medium size in the mix. Anyway I thought I'd post some pics I took 2 days before leaving to come home while in New York, had just come down from the Empire State Building around 9am. Within a flash, my eyes darted and legs spooled up, my wife must have thought I was being chased by some gang-bangers as I ran across the road with camera in hand like a crazy tourist. I'd almost given up hope, had been to LA, Miami, Las Vegas and Aruba with not a sniff of a Viper, this was no ordinary sight, not 1, not 2 but 3 Dodge Vipers just pulling up to a set of reds behind a bus, so I had to get a shot and damn they looked the sh*t. They all sat while the lights changed as I took photos of each... check em out.
-
great cd, definitely worth the wait... these guys had me sucked in to their unique sound since undertow. they would be awesome live.
-
Sorry a bit off topic. Envy man was it your machine I spotted while walking through the car park on my way to visit a client at Corio Shopping Centre this afternoon?? Damn nice looking car either way.
-
Firstly, good to hear you and your GF are fine, that's always the most important thing. Cars and all material sh*t can be replaced, now in saying this I gotta say, no T should come to grief in any way, but like a broken record, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Just think how that beast is gonna feel when you jump back in after some time away, we won't see any posts for a while, you'll be drivin and drivin... damn we'll have to organise a cruise to find ya man.
-
I'm no expert by a long shot, but have also had problems with coil leads in 2 previous cars, an old Charade (not proud ok) and recently in an AUII Fairmont. Had to plant the accelerator to get anything from them and started out very infrequently, then would disappear for some time only to re-appear when I began to get confident it was some dodgy fuel or an evil gremlin had disappeared. It then got to the point where it was happening 95% of the time and driving me crazy, Ford missed it on my first complaint only to get it sorted when I couldn't take it anymore. The coil leads/pack can play some funny arse games and I would highly recommend you check these out going by the problems you've listed.
-
That's one killa figure, I'm freakin impressed and even more pumped about getting my BF edited... Enjoy and BE CAREFUL man!!! You own a savage beast now.
-
hahaha Congratulations mate, life will never be the same but you'll love it even more.
-
Yeah they look great, wondering how the bright blues will look... hmm! Hey matt, I'm a sales rep who looks after the western suburbs, how long does it take to do and any chance of getting it done during the day or are you working most days, if not a weekend might be better.
-
Yeah my BF has white ones, but I want the Blue to go with my Interior Light, Footwell Lights and some rear lights if I can find the damn things that work in Blue. I'm a mobile no shooting up zone.
-
Hey Matt, An illumination mod, sounds good to me... which area are you in? I'm Northern Suburbs, so hopefully you're not too far away. Cheers, Trav
-
These guys score business because they've got the marketing side sorted. I too found myself in the same boat, I noticed their ad in Motor magazine before I even had my T and started to wonder what their powerchip could do for me. Looking at the figures and an image of a very professional company who have data to back their claims had been formed in the brain. Thank god I found this website and you hope all others find this place before taking the plunge. Thankfully it was an issue of me not having enough $$$ at the time to go ahead, I might have been another. Now I'm planning to get the edit & custom tune with Nizpro. You'll get it sorted mate, good luck.
-
After doing the run around with Ford, trying to get my hands on a BF-XR8/Typhoon intake, they all said the same thing - on backorder. So settled for the BA2T one, the guy in spare parts wanted to ask a hundred questions about my purchase and said good luck when I told him I would be cutting out the opening (who's laughing now?) At first I didn't think the snorkel would fit in the gap under the light, started to think my BF didn't leave enough room... with a bit of persistance and a few %^#&'s later, I got it in the right spot and proceeded to cut out the airbox. Not hard at all, Kaine is a legend for a well documented and pictured mod which takes the pain out for all of us, thanks so much mate. Well the result, took the T for a spin about 1am, very nice cool weather for the turbo and can I say, this mod has me more than impressed, the smile on my face says it all. Comes on that bit quicker and seems to be breathing better.
-
I'm up for this mod, at first a bit worried about damaging something but looking at Kaines detailed post and great photos, it's not looking too bad. So the parts quoted are for Typhoon = BA2T 9C676 A and for XR8 = BAF 9C676 B. Just need to know if the BA2 (Typhoon) snorkel will slot into a BF, is this the one they use on the new BF Typhoon or should I be playing safe and choose the newer model number. Doubt there would be much difference, though it's interesting they have 2 different types.
-
Thanks for the info on the footwell lights, gotta get some Blue LED's for these. Just a bit off topic - does anyone know what type of globes & wattage are used for the rear passenger left & right lights?
-
After reading this about a week ago, I decided to do the same. As you did mook05, got a Blue LED (3A Racing) and slipped the blue covers over the rear lights. the guy at autobahn tried one of the smaller lights in blue LED for the rears and it blew a fuse. so decided against it and I've slipped a 2nd blue cover over the top of the 1st after colouring it in with a blue texta and it has a nicer blue glow.
-
This is what I use... uTorrent for Movies, Music, XBox Games - doesn't chew resources like Azureus. DC++ for Obscure Music, Movies ie. Psy Trance, Goa, Chill but also hundreds of hubs actively sharing Top 40, Rock, Alternative... pretty much whatever, excellent program and access to as much as you like as long as your share, been using this one for years without a hassle. Bearshare for bits 'n' pieces like Funny movies etc.
-
Great taste in the new badge and the best looking Lightning Strike XR I've seen.
-
I debadged my hgag a couple of weeks back, before I decided to go through with it, I struggled with the idea... I have left the side XR6 ones though, just removed all from the rear except the FORD one of course. from the second they were off and I had waxed the area, I knew I'd done the right thing, damn it's all machine now, people get so caught up in labels and forget to appreciate the look of pure perfection which is the XR. now it's a stealth beast, people have no idea and with the grille's on the front, you can't see the intercooler. so the pros = Looks clean & pure, cops don't care, thieves or damage doing Expensive Daewoo lovers not so inclined to cause trouble and you can't get debadged which usually comes with paint damage due to screwdrivers. the cons = People in the know would expect a machine that can speak for itself without needing to show off, so an edit would compliment the look.
-
Anyone Own An Edited Bf T Or Phoon
GEoMaNTiK replied to GEoMaNTiK's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Hey Astro, I'm in South Morang, a little further north... No I haven't questioned the reliability of the ZF box, although I need to speak with Simon from Nizpro and will be after some answers to a few questions, that being #1. I'll keep you updated, I don't want to have to fork for a new ZF, that's when sh*t really goes bad for my wallet. Cheers, Trav -
Anyone Own An Edited Bf T Or Phoon
GEoMaNTiK replied to GEoMaNTiK's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
That's a good call, except if I get Nizpro to do my tuning, I not keen on driving from the Northern Suburbs to Bayswater everytime I need a service. My concern is when something needs fixing, I'm just curious at the moment if anyone has taken their edited BF to Ford for any service/repairs (bit early for these probably) and what the response has been.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.