-
Posts
360 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by FastR1Red
-
Sorry this is the calculation for the manual. If you can give me the ratios for the auto I'll work that out as well. Here are the speed calculations for the manual in each gear @ 6000rpm. This is with 18" wheels, 40 profiles on the rear. 73.70 110.13 150.80 196.04 245.04 311.17 I've had mine up to 276kph, (gps logged) pretty regularly, but 240 most track days. At 240 it gets pretty light all over bit still ok under brakes. I had a passenger with me one track day and he couldnt believe the amount of pull it still had when we were at 250kmh.
-
Group Bov Mod (melbourne)
FastR1Red replied to XR6T_ENVY's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
TOMORROW? Like you mean the 9th? Oh no b@gger, I won't be able to make that one. Will be in Shepparton. I thought it was sometime in the future. It's gonna be a nice day too. -
Can you get me one and will it fit the XR6T? Wow!
-
I'll be heading down there as well.
-
$900?? Is that all??? After a minor scrape with the bus, nothing broken, they replaced the rear bar, upper and lower, a small body repair, and the tail light cos it had a microscopic mark on it for $3500!!!!! Crazy stuff indeed, they would have kept the old tail light for the next job and charged it out at a few hundred $$$ as well. Plus $500 excess. Lucky insurance paid for it, THEIRS!
-
I thought you meant puff of brown smoke with crack. Didn't know you could smoke the stuff. Only in America.
-
Goldie, I've gone through the EXACT same thing recently with my 14yo daughter. It started when she was 13. They know who the honest girls are and prey on them with a vengeance. It only takes a couple of skilled scumbags to work it out. Go through her logs using an xml viewer also, or the built in viewer on MSN, this will highlight the html tags so you can chase up all the myspace stuff as well. Very important as myspace logs are great for investigation cos they leave a huge trail. I did all that, plus a little more!!, and found out the guys address. I won't go any further than that, only to say that I didn't pay the medical expenses. If you want I can recover any deleted files from her hard drive just in case you need anything. (I was in disaster recovery/forensics for a few years) Unfortunately the police won't do anything to find these guys, been there done that. It happens to many many people, from 10 to 16, but the biggest problem is with 12 to 14yo. Let me know if you need anything.
-
Group Bov Mod (melbourne)
FastR1Red replied to XR6T_ENVY's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Warburton,,,, , count me in! As long as we do Reefton Spur as well! -
Group Bov Mod (melbourne)
FastR1Red replied to XR6T_ENVY's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Hey Alex, Depending on the day I should be able to make it. I've already done the mod myself with the filter though, so can help out if you need a hand. Good to meet a few people too. -
Looks awesome dico. Does a good job ey! See if we can get both of us on the dyno!!!! Should get headsex, fatsex, you, me, and all the other ***sex'd in the one day and you could say we were all sleeping together....LOL So who's sleeping with who???
-
How Do People Wash Cars At Home With Water Restrictions?
FastR1Red replied to grepin's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
Just get a 40ltr drum and use the pressure washer with that. Most pressure washers can suck from a bucket, drum etc. Been doing it like that for the past few years. -
September 8 , Winton Motorway
FastR1Red replied to BA_Boost Junkie's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
Good luck mate. Hope you do well and the new diff holds up. I got some pretty good reports from Calder last Wednesday, apparently you impressed a few people. -
Good job there tonester. Must feel awesome now.
-
1969 Datsun 1600 Was a POS when I got it, but I was only 16 and wanted to start rallying. Took me about 12 months of afterschool work to get it to spec, hence the school grades went downhill. I ended up leaving school so I could afford to start racing. Lost the drivers licence I never had when I was 17, busted driving to work,,,but that's another story. (and a funny one) Raced the Datto for a couple of years till I got into the next class.
-
Could we maybe add the others, I've not seen the Vortex98 in my area but a lot use the United Boost98 as well. Here's mine over many many tanks cos I still do it with each batch over at least 4 tanks of fuel per run. All km are average per tank over 4 tanks. 80% city. 20% highway. Mobil800098. 450km BP Ultimate98. 440km VPower98. 420km Boost98. 360km Definate response improvement with the Boost98 ethanol blend (after 2 or 3 tanks) but unfortunately at the great price you pay, it's 8% cheaper than the others, the fuel economy is 14% worse than its nearest rival. Country driving would be a definate advantage and with the new tune I'll be doing the same thing over the next few months. I've got a 3000km road trip end of September which will should give me good figures.
-
I didn't know whether to put this in ECU workshop, Turbo Workshop, Intercooler Workshop or what????? I just want to say a big thanks to headSex for the amount of work, time and effort he's put into my T over the past few weeks. I'll write a full report when it's finished, there's only some very minor tuning tweaks left to go when we get it on the dyno, but suffice to say it's been transformed into a monster!! From a very sedate and "hardly there" I got from ##-#, headSex has turned this T into a weapon. Explaining everything at every stage has made me more aware of what goes into a tune and the amount of effort a real tuner has to go to, to find what's suited for that particular engine. Thanks Danny.
-
One of our forum members gets down to Winton quite regularly for the Vic Drift practice days, also has a similar ute. I'm sure he'll be on soon to tell you a bit more. You'll certainly need a bit of gear, depends on how serious you wanna get. Suspension wise you'll need some pretty balsy stuff. DMS would be the top line for the T, then a fair bit down the scale would be Bilsteins but you'd need them revalved for the correct rebound/compression to suit drift. There are a few body kits around but get the suspension setup first then worry about the rest. You may wanna check out Mal Woods new diff. Certainly will be required as the stocky will go after a couple of days drifting.
-
This Is Why They're Called "beauty" Pageants
FastR1Red replied to ubute's topic in Videos & Driving Footage
Couldn't believe it till I heard it with my own EYES....LOL -
NOICE,,,,,,,kewl vid. Lotsa smokeeeelllllleeeee
-
Well done FSIX and Michael. Good times indeed. I'm really cheesed off about what happened at work yesterday, after all the waiting and arrangements I made then work goes and springs some cr@p on me at the last minute. I had to get our receptionist to drive some helmets over to headsex's cos I couldn't go. Apologies to Michael for not turning up when you'd organised it for me. Again well done cracking that 11 barrier is a huge feat mate!! I'm hangin' out to see everyones times.
-
5lt-sup. sorry to hear mate but glad you're in good spirits and ok. Looked like a lefthander that caught you unless you fishtailed through a right??? What tyres are you running?
-
Congratulations mate,,,,best wishes to you all.
-
Castrol SUPER DOT 4, it's a heap better than the normal dot 4 fluid. I use it in the brakes and have bled the clutch system with it so now use it on both. It really depends on how much clutch you use, if you're using it on the track, constant heavy loads etc you'll more than likely want Super dot 4 in the brakes so use it in the clutch as well. Cheers.
-
FastSex,,,,,,,....oops!!
-
Hey well done Trough, I had very similar issues with HP-F. Asked for "A" but got "B", asked for CDE and F and got G but nothing else. "Yep we've put that in slot 2." hmph,,,same as slot 1. 6 weeks to get one thing finally fixed. NO dyno sheets for weeks. I went to Danny and he had it sorted in a couple of hours, plus pointed out the issues that shouldn't have been. I have it all logged right here and when we finalise everything this weekend my post will be similarly long to yours. Yup some tuners have no idea, I don't know where their information comes from as it conflicts with everything we hear, PLUS what makes it worse is when the dribble starts and you know it's been made up to make it confusing. Mate, the stories are similar. All I can say is well done on the new tunes and upgrades and the guys here are awesome...... Can't wait till Saturday....
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.