Jump to content

cobrav8

Member
  • Posts

    1,969
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cobrav8

  1. cobrav8

    Brake Upgrade

    My question wasnt answered - anyone fitted the 8 pots for $2000?
  2. I think the retainers are more necessary with race spec springs and higher revs. Atomic sell uprated springs or race springs and retainers. The stronger the springs, the more wear on other components such as the cam. That is why the cars dont come with super hard springs.
  3. Then they should line all the bad guys up and shoot them with one bullet so they can save money
  4. My name on the list for the wide body kit mate!
  5. Consider yourself burned then - they would be lots of fun, and keep you dry on a rainy day!
  6. cobrav8

    Brake Upgrade

    Anyone come across these? http://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/?actio...∂=24564
  7. that's a shocking photoshop!
  8. I bought an IPOD cradle - and made a little bracket which is just velcroed to the area in front of the gearstick surround panel in the junk area under the tissue box holder. So... when the IPOD is in the cradle it sits just in front of the ICC at the bottom on the right hand side. When you want to hit the skip button, you can do it without looking, as you just put your hand on the handbrake handle - then slide forward a few inches - finger is on the button. Also - I have a Dick Smith Video switcher in the tissue box holder - so I can switch to the reversing camera, IPOD video or trailer camera (havnt wired the cameras up yet).
  9. Best to ask a tyre shop probably?
  10. Funny - knicker porn! I wonder if anyone ever actually buys any?
  11. Have a look at these 20s - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-149058969.htm I am not normally a fan of 20s, but I do like these ones. Also... while talking about Brembos etc - anyone had anything to do with these brakes? http://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/?actio...∂=24564 THey are an 8 piston caliper, fit inside 17s, I just dont know much about them.
  12. In NZ we are paying $1.99.9 per litre. Converting to $AUS we are paying about 5c per litre more than you. $120 odd dollars to fill the tank. I am looking at car pooling with a Late model camira owner again - that's how desperate it is!
  13. Not sure if this applies in Aus, but in NZ if you hire a car for a wedding and drive it, you have to have a limousine licence. This came about as Taxi drivers complained about the people taking their business from what I heard.
  14. I have a different mix again. I ended up with SSL rears and standard fronts, along with whiteline swaybars. This only happened as I got a set of rears off the internet second hand (as they were too low for the previous owner). I thought I would try them to see what they were like, and ended up happy enough in the mean time (the sill is ever so slightly lower at the back than the front). The car sits nicely on the road (but it was due more to the swaybars). I also cut my rear bump stops by one lump. I think it would be better with two lumps off - as with two adults in the back under full shuttle launch power you can feel the back end firming up and get some vibration as if the bump stops are touching hard. Also.. it does scrape getting into the carpark at work, only the exhaust, so as long as you are gentle and slow over hazzards, it isnt a problem. However, I am wodering that if I ever get to fitting SL springs in the front whether it will make it harder to get into the carpark. ALso... if you put bigger wheels on - I think the car needs to be lower, eg with 17s my car looks really low, but with 19s - I think it will look higher up from pictures I have seen. As for fitting - rear springs easy, swaybars are dead easy (dont pay anything to have them fitted). The front springs are harder - need a spring compressor.
  15. I have just had some BF GT rims repaired. It will depend on where on the rim the damage is. If it is only on the outer lip, and there is enough material to turn the entire circumference down then they will do that on the lathe. If the damage is deep, or on an area with not enough meat on it - they will weld the gap to fill it and then turn down. If done properly, you would not know it has been done. Get any dings, out of round bashed true at the same time. As for paint vs powder coat, the guy who repaired mine suggested that you do not powdercoat wheels, as it can weaken them in the process, and they will bend easier. Also, I decided not to have clear coat on the metal lip - it is so easy for this part to be marked when putting wheels on (or curbs) and easier to repair if left alone. It will mean that you would have to mask the metal bits before painting. Good luck!
  16. Sorry guys, I am still trying to decide what colour to paint my BF GT19s. I plan on keeping the outer rim alloy - but trying to choose between the standard silver, a charcoal like the dark agents - or the colour I am leaning to is black. Does anyone have a photo of a Shockwave car with black and chrome lip wheels? If someone wants to have another go at photoshop - BF 19s on my car (see previous thread if you do).
  17. I would be guessing that you guys with poor mileage may be suffering from an over active blow-off valve.
  18. Post some info back on here if you can, I would be interested too. What about Plastic Chroming an XR6 cover (they dont have the cutout for the crossover). Anyone know much about chroming plastic?
  19. Sounds Painful!
  20. Go and buy yourself another stud and replace it man! It will take you all of five minutes to pull through.
  21. Yeh... I have to agree now actually (I take it you mean the gold not the wheel design?). I am just going to clean them up - and paint standard again. I wanted to know if there are two colours to choose from normally? I need to repaint all four wheels, so can go any colour, thinking a slightly darker charcoal, but wanted to know if these wheels had a similar colour on any of the FPVs?
  22. cobrav8

    Freight

    Just stop your moaning - getting stuff to NZ is much dearer!
  23. By the way, are there different colours for these wheels standard? Silver or darker silver / charcoal?
  24. You just arnt pushing hard enough then! There used to be a guy on the forum making an amp/connector for around $100, or better still one that did video into the Premium colour screens as well. I was lucky to get one of these, and the quality is fantastic. Unfortunately he doesnt make them anymore. The amplified Ford one is ok - but not as good from what I have heard. Th non-amplified one is rubbish, I got rid of mine. You need the IPOD at about 2/3 volume - and the volume through the stereo should be similar to radio or CD, and very little whine. I agree on comments on quality of MP3 - I have got some rubbish ones, better off deleting them. Most of mine are ripped from my own CDs, and just convenient to have on the IPOD rather than carrying hundres of CDs around.
  25. I have a housing for a 2 litre Escort motor (never used) that is a sandwhich plate idea - goes in place of oil filter, and has a thermostat built in - when open - circulates through cooler and filter, when closed just goes through filter only. I think... that the Falcon uses the same filter, so should fit. So.... I plan on using this and a cooler. However, not sure where the cooler will fit.
×
×
  • Create New...