Jump to content

Bain

Member
  • Posts

    827
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bain

  1. Bain

    Turbo Failure

    Id say it was a hose that came off. The guy is probably embarrassed about how he thinks its the turbo and 'top end' haha
  2. 15k to redo your driveway?!? Man a jackhammer isnt that much to hire and cement is fairly cheap.. Youre not handyman? Looks almost as high as a stock Magna..
  3. Hi Mate, If you want to meet up before you pick it up, give my mobile a call (0410609007) I work not more than a 2 minute drive from Jefferson in Mentone. Ill point out all the area's to look at on your new car. Whatever you do, dont sign the pre-delivery form until you have inspected the vehicle! My pre-delivery form has on it. "Paint run on front bumper - respray needed" and "Glue stain on roof next to Sunroof - respray needed" You can hardly see the 2 problems in question, but they shouldnt be there on delivery!
  4. that's good to know Lawsy! I was basing my purchase on experience from previous cars.. So no spending on Strutbraces = more spending on engine modifications down the track! Heres some more pics I took this morning before I went to work. PICS Link here.
  5. tyre wear is another one. Tyres wear in on an angle after lots of k's on them, change that angle by lowering your car and you will get the shakes... Happened in my Magna VRX.. Once I bought my new tyres (they were needed) and balanced it was great.
  6. heheh.. but soooooooo fun through twisites! :afro: :afro:
  7. mine chatters quite a bit. Ive already done 250km's in it (and I havent even had it for 2 days hehe) Im sure it will bed in further down the track. If not, well I can live with it.
  8. A bottle of chloroform is cheaper than a dvd player.. And you can get more use out of it! *Here kids, blow your nose of this and remember to breath in deeply for a big blow* (jokes of course hehe)
  9. Sweet! that's good to know Mack.. Love it when I learn new stuff about my new car JB. Ill take you up on that off down the track. Once the tax man pays me a visit with my little cheque, it will be going straight into the car.
  10. Havent looked at the rear yet as to whether I can fit one. Chips: Strut braces are for exactly that.. it stops your struts from flexing when cornering allowing the car to push more wheel to the ground and keep it smooth through the cornerning. I was hoping to beable to add one to the rear as it would be good for stop any flexxing that may happen when powering out of a corner.
  11. Howdy all, Some of you may know ive bought myself an XR6T. Well it has finally arrived (after an 8 week wait!!) Heres a little review of the car (after 160km’s in it already) Went to the dealership at 1.30pm (31.05.05). Inspected the car so it could get signed off to me. Some minor faults were found, a small run mark along the front bumper corner. The only reason I found this was because the VRX had a big one so I decided to check to be sure. The other fault was a small glue stain on the paint near the sunroof. Both of these issues will be fixed when I organise some free time on the vehicle. So I signed off the vehicle and the keys were handed over. Driving back to work I noticed a fairly loud whooshing sound from the front. At first I thought it was the front window that wasn’t sealed properly! I turned around and went back, the service department guy went for a drive with me and knew what it was straight away. A grommet in the engine bay had fallen through the firewall and there was a hole from the engine bay into the cabin. A quick replug and all was good! So I set off and went and broke the engine in. Took it over to meet up with a few Magna lads at The Glen Macca’s (such a cool person spot…not.) and went for a bit of a test drive. One thing I noticed was my pshhht sound wasn’t very loud, like it was on the way over to The Glen Macca’s, but I didn’t really take any notice of it. We decided to make our way over into the underground carpark where I popped the bonnet. A pipe was found to have come loose (purely by chance and lucky for me). We had a look and it was the pipe connecting to the intercooler (heres the reason for my no psshttt). So I took it in this morning and the retightened all the seals. ALL IS GOOD again and you can feel the boost come on nice and hard! Quality: The gearbox is very notchy at the moment and theres a bit of chatter when changing down gears. Ive been told a higher grade oil fixes this and it will be replaced in the 3000km complimentary service. Overall, im very happy with the car, its functioning how I want it to, it’s a manual with plenty of power on tap and overall it feels ‘right’ for me. I was planning to lower it all around and change out the mags. But ive decided to lower the rear end to level the window sill and then buy a couple of strut braces. Window tinting is next on the agenda (before we do the long trip to Orange on June 19th) No interior shots as it was raining and couldnt be bothered.. Will post them later if anyone is interested.
  12. Theres a few NA magna's running 13.9 - 14.2's atm.. But yeah, if your brothers is stocko hehe give him a bagging from me aswell Maybe he can join up with the AMClub.
  13. Sweet! Ill let them know!
  14. Bain

    Cool Pic!

    Theres a couple of silver ones in with the whites. And only 1 white one has a sunroof!
  15. Mr Turbo, Got a question for you. A few mates are organising a cruise this sunday and were thinking of heading down GOR aswell. Would you mind if they tagged along? They are Mitsubishi Magna's. (im in that club as I used to own a Magna VRX) They are a great bunch of guys, so you neednt worry about prejudices and all that crap.
  16. Bain

    Cool Pic!

    Saw this on another forum and thought it appropriate to post here.. This is from Eastern Creek on the weekend.
  17. Looks good! It shouldnt be too hard to remove the front bumper right?
  18. Bain

    Thanks To Awc

    Looks hawt and very What springs have you got in that? Looks lower than usual!
  19. cheers for that! Well I did a bit of googling, surfing on the net and came up with a reseller in Adelaide. Gave them a call and they can get the rims in I want. A little more pricey than overseas, but with gst, import duties and freight im sure they would work out cheaper to get freighted from Adelaide. Might even drive over there to get em fitted
  20. Bain

    Tornado

    Congrats on the purchase mate! Nice little review you got there. I was thinking of buying a Tornado if I went down the ute track. Ended up with just a T sedan.. hehe
  21. Howdy All, Has anyone ever purchased rims from America and had them sent over? Do you know if there are any import duties I would have to pay? Thanks in Advance! Bain
  22. so you saying Jb's 300 rwkw was not real??? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> No, I think hes saying, rather than spending big bucks on an APS Phase III, spend it on an intercooler ($1000) and Edit + custom tune and you will feel 300rwkw's in a new band. (coming on alot earlier than the aps phase setups and a fair whack cheaper)
  23. JB had injectors, springs, aps exhaust and edit and he pulled just over 300rwks.. and was looking at upgrading his intercooler as the intercooler was his bottleneck over 280rwkws...
  24. Bain

    He's Done It

    Well done Geea!!!! must be a relief to finally do it!
  25. Bain

    Lunch With Vik351

    What date mate? Tomorrow? 28th?
×
×
  • Create New...