Jump to content

Bain

Member
  • Posts

    827
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bain

  1. Ill talk to SWMBO and find out if its ok.. She has a girlfriend over that way, so it may just be possible! hahahah
  2. Make sure you video tape it! Would love to see some quick gear changing
  3. Yeah, all my starts were kinda like that. Theres a fine line between bogging down to much and lots of wheelspin off the line.. Not sure if a 13.8 would be possible, but heres hoping. I wasnt going to run the car again until I get and edit done. But ill head on down to Calder in a month or so.
  4. Bain

    Workshop Manual

    If you can get a STARSID (any Ford servicing place will have it) Then log on to this site and download it. http://www.fims.com.au/fws/logon/fws_logon.cfm
  5. Temps were between 13 and 15 degrees with a humidity of 65%. Not sure of the track temp though.
  6. bit over 3500rpm.
  7. Not really any drag experience.. Just have to keep it on boost on take off (without too much wheelspin) is the hardest part I think. 14.58 was the worst of 8 runs. (They seem pretty consistent considering it was the first time I have run it down the 1/4) Times - in order of runs. Before lunch: (12.32pm - 12.47pm) 1. 14.58 2. 14.25 3. 14.17 After Lunch: (2.12pm - 2.29pm) 4. 14.32 5. 14.40 6. 14.52 7. 14.32 8. 14.22 Then there was my 15.5 which I took off with too much wheel spin so didnt give it any down the rest of the 1/4...
  8. that's where I want to head next.. But wont be for a month or 2 probably.. Ive been told Calder has better traction.. If I can get a better launch I think I could hit 103 - 104 mph.. that should be just into the 13's yeah?
  9. heres a movie clip of one of the runs.. this was a 14.225 Didnt quite position the camera properly.. But you can at least see my knee for gear changing.. hahaha bainqtr14225.wmv
  10. Yep! totally stock, no extra snorkels or middle mufflers removed etc etc. Had all the interior inside + spare tyre. It was running on a bit over 3/4 fuel tank of BP Ultimate. I wanted to run it as was before I started modifying the car. I would love to know how MOTOR magazine got a 14.8 for their run in a 6 speed... *edit* ill post up a in car video of one of my runs (battery died after the 2nd run as I forgot to charge it the night before!)
  11. Well I went over to Heathcote today with some of the boys (not Ford fellows) Managed a PB of 14.1718 @ 100.56mph. I would say that's pretty darn good for a 6 speed manual with no mods.. Would love to have had my top speed of 102.88mph combined with the below instead of the 100.56mph... Cant wait to modify it!! <div class='bbimg'> </div><div class='bbimg'> </div>
  12. How is a T not for me? Just because I dont feel like wasting 16 - 18litres a fuel per 100km's on work doesnt mean I dont want to use the same amount on a weekend putting other vehicles in my rear view mirror.. If I can use the EDIT to save a few bucks every week, it then allows me to do more mods to the car down the track from those savings..
  13. Bain

    Dirrrty!

    High pressure hose as much off as your can. Get 2 buckets, 1 with meguirs gold class in it and another with just water. Dip in the meguirs and start cleaning, when you get the sponge dirty, rinse it in the clean bucket of water to stop you putting dirt and stuff in the meguirs detergent as you dont want to be scratching your car. Empty out the clean/dirty water bucket and refill regularly. If you want to go one step further if you find there is still stubborn marks on the car. Buy some detailer clay, its about $50 a bar but works a treat!
  14. 8 weeks to receive a winter white, 6 speed, premium sound, sunroof and leather.
  15. ahahaha I wish I could have those numberplates.. Some punk here in Melbourne has them already...
  16. The problem with the foot control thing is im a bit paranoid. I swear every car that gets next to me at the lights wants to drag.. Guess ill go with a valet tune and the 95 ron and 98 ron tunes. A valet tune would help I think. Thanks for your input guys
  17. Howdy all, I am looking at getting an EDIT down the track and im just wondering if its possible to detune the car to run lighter on fuel? As I drive a fair bit in it and with the recent price surge in fuel ($75.00 a tank of fuel a week). Im wanting a daily driver that's cheap, but a weekend warrior for some fun. I figure with the 3 tunes you can get on an EDIT I would get the following: 1. Detuned for lower fuel consumption (still using 95 ron) 2. High tuned 95 ron 3. High tuned 98 ron Thoughts and opinions would be good. Cheers, Bain
  18. Bain

    Burnout

    Sounds like you were hypothetically riding your clutch mate Shouldnt need to be on the clutch once the wheels are spinning.. Just on your brake and accelerator
  19. Bain

    Burnout

    Wouldnt affect his clutch at all dood. Its not hard to get a manual spinning the tyres... As was posted in another thread.. See Here for a manual burnout..
  20. Yep, I personally made a rest area... Has a bathroom, bbq and a nice green patch of grass..
  21. Thought I would post up one of mine.. Bain's ride... The tail whip at the end had a few G's on it!
  22. Bain

    Turbo Taxi

    looks like hes ticked a few options for it. Sunroof aswell!
  23. I take it aaronmihe has been there and done that. Good to know someone has, will have to PM him
  24. Next time im in the city Craig, ill have to stop by and beg you to take me for a ride in it aswell.
  25. Howdy all, Im just wondering if anyone has the tech specs for the auxillary plug connector. Im hoping that I can hook up a PC or something and make a nice incar dvd/computer/mp3/entertainment thing.. Anyone tried to make a car computer as such rather than spending copious amounts of cash on just a in car DVD player?
×
×
  • Create New...