Jump to content

iTec

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,755
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by iTec

  1. The restaraunt I used to work at did the same thing, it was very rare to get a cop comming in just for a coffee, but if they did we never charged them. If they came in for food then it was always discounted and we would give them a coffee, sit down and have a chat to them for a while. Sly is right, you build up that sort of relationship where they would just come around to say hi on the slow nights and not want anything. hell I have even been to lunch with a few of them.. and that's not work related! We were fortunate that in our area there is not a lot of places open late at night and we would have cops comming from about 4 stations so you get the reputation as the place where police hang out and in the 7 years we only had a need to call the police once and it had nothing to do with us!
  2. that is good news for everybody! I agree completely with you ravenhard but we all make mistakes, hopefully a few people have learnt from their mistakes
  3. till he gets his license back. ohh btw after 5+ years on my P's I finally got off my ass and did the test today.. passed of course for those that are wondering why I spent so much time on my p's its cause I am lazyer then saleens mum
  4. smickers, all ford paint is sh*t.. if I had my car over again I would have had it clear coated the day I bought it
  5. rhys I am pretty sure Process Wests is a 1.5L surge tank. You are right that there is a big difference, but the fact is that in a sedan with +300rwkw a surge tank should be a required item, It does not take alot to get fuel surge and leaving your pistons sticking out the bottom of the block is slightly more expensive then a good surge tank and 044
  6. if you are going to do the surge tank then dont need to do the intank, its only purpose is to fill the surge tank
  7. and how many millions did that waste of an ad cost
  8. bugger.. !
  9. the KFFL-57SL is intended for au's.. hence why it is lower
  10. nice car tab.. do they make them for men?
  11. so why is it still important/sticky?
  12. BA MK11 rear: KFRL-68SSL (345mm) front: KFFL-57SL (330mm)
  13. I am pretty sure they were just a tad under 4k for the plenum... $2300 is cheap!
  14. stress less tab, I can do a pink one for you too if you want it that badly.. all you have to do is ask nicely
  15. that atleast is starting to sound good!
  16. comparing the xcal 1 to a VHS is not the same thing, until yesterday. it is more like buying a $50 DVD player from kmart as apposed to going to JB hifi and buying a $150 or $250 DVD player with more features. All the boxes do the same thing. They allow a tune to uploaded to the car, that is it.. there entire basic function. Xcal 2 and 3 have added functions that for 99% of us serve no purpose, all we want is a tune in our car, that's the $50 dvd player SCT are trying to use the point that all Xcal 1's on the market were purchased from them in 2005, so therefore are "old and used" when the reality is that the market was flooded with "6000-7000" boxes, and till now that has been sufficient for the aus market so they have not made anymore money out of us.
  17. I know who it is. it's
  18. put two insulated clamps on the battery terminals and pull straight up.. its amazingly simple once you have seen it done
  19. hmmm that makes no sence, because the brake dust shield should be squashed between your hub and your wheel.. regardless
  20. do you "need" to run with a BOV? correct answer is no should you run with a bov? correct answer is yes It may be highly unlikely that you cause damage to the turbo, but it is still a chance.. on a pure 1/4 mile car it would be a waste and possibly a hinderance but remember these are street cars first Nizpro dont recomend a BOV because they feel it is not needed. CV do recomend a BOV. The choice is yours to who you want to listen to if it was me I would take the word of the person you are trusting your car to
  21. the only way the brake dust shield could move was if your wheel was not on tight.
  22. I buckled a rim about 3 months after getting my rims, had them fixed and then managed to smack another pothole exactly where I had it repaired which buckled the rim again. I went to Tempe and was told that they were out of stock for my wheels and that it would be about 3 months, no problem I wait the three months ring them and am told it will be 5 weeks, I call them 6 weeks latter and get told 10 days, 2 weeks latter I ring and get told "they are on order we dont know when they are comming". In the end I gave them to a member on here for nothing, I just wanted them gone and have since never dealt with tempe other then to ring them for a price on tyres so my local guy can match them. they even managed to make a fugly au look hot!
×
×
  • Create New...