-
Posts
1,347 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Antisocial
-
No... "So is it true that your new car fell off the top deck of the transporter on the way to the dealership?" Now that's mean... :lol: :lol: :lol:
-
"Spoke to FPV this morning and the car had a status of MARSHALLED " Isnt MARSHALLED code (like "service 20 in isle 5 wayne...service 20) ... for SERIOUS FAILURE of QA testing and sent back for remanufacture?
-
Mabey he was confused cause it didnt have a column shift, like almost every American auto seems to have.
-
Seems to be a pattern forming here... I too have a white T. She let me get the T over the NA if she chose the colour and white was the only one we agreed on. I HATE IT! :nugget: Don't get me wrong I love the classy look of white with black windows but.... Is it just me or does everyone you come up behind look in their mirror and see 'a white late model performance sedan, and assume you are Mr Plod' and SLOW DOWN! It happens to me all the time, I have never noticed this behaviour in othe drivers before I got the T. On the plus side, the keep right morons seem to shoot to the left when they see me coming. You guys are brave, every time I go to Wagga Wagga all I see are highway patrol cars, no more that 108 for me.
-
Hammer007, these infidels have obviously never experienced a Canberra mid winter morning. A BROKEN HEATER IS SERIOUS STUFF GUYS! More important than shuddering brakes or faulty steering. You even begin to question the wisdom of choosing leather seats on a -5 deg morning, when you get that unmistakeable shrinking feeling...
-
I reckon a noisy car helps avoid roo's too. I used to have a Turbo Starion with a giant free flowing noisy exhaust and drove between Cooma and Canberra at night twice a week for years and never hit a roo, in fact rarely even saw one. Used my girlfriends (now wife) Laser 3 times, hit a roo each time. Was not popular but she still maried me. DavoXT could be worse..
-
Tailshaft AKA driveshaft is between the box and the diff, and if not properly balanced will send all sorts of funny vibrations thru the car. I must not be quite as fussy, I only have 4 things as my other grievances were fixed in February. Yesterday my T went in for its 15,000k service and .... 1 Warped disks/shuddering brakes 2 Clunky steering 3 Rear window switches not working (in the back doors, it worked ok from drivers door) 4 Engine stalling very occasionally and rough idle. All fixed with no dramas, 1 disks machined, service dude said a fix was on its way in August, but dont hold my breath as these things always take longer than they say (if my shudder should re occur). 2 Greased up rack mounting points, seems odd to me but the noise is gone, so I'm happy. 3 Window switch was only an intermittent thing and has worked fine for over a week but they still replaced the switch for me. 4 Flash new s/w to ecm. Fun to drive it again...... :D Looking forward to seeing that demolished ring :lol:
-
ooooh I'd pay good money to see that! Cro .... you may have trouble with #14 as damage like that must be reported within 7 days of delivery. Also my dads AU Fairmont used a lot of fuel and after way too many complains they finaly discovered and replaced a faulty fuel pressure regulator... all better now. Good luck, will keep and eye out for you this weekend.
-
No worries Cameron, glad to be of service...
-
"What do you need to get the video / pictures of "your" XR being constructed? " From the Falcon websit follow links to 'contact us' then 'your car being built' Or go straight to http://203.89.210.4/
-
All you... .first glimps of the new car excitment... ..brand new... ...no carpark dents... ....not 6 months old... .....tyres not half worn out... .......less than 15,000ks on the odometer .... type people $hit me!!! But on the plus side I have driven an XR6T all year :D :D :D
-
No. :lol:
-
Is it just me or has anyone else notice that the XR6T seems to go even harder after 10,000ks. As if some "runing in" software setting turns off.....or did I just imagine it?
-
I see him sneaking about in the shadows but not posting... .. perhaps he is still hungover...
-
Poor car lives in the street eh... Hope you've got 5 locknuts on each rim.
-
Ever since I got my XR6T each night when I get out in the garage I have heard a hiss or quiet rumble from under the bonnet. I always thought it was the pressure leaking from high to low in the A/C or a vacume tank filling. But you know what it is. Its the turbo. I have had turbo cars before, but never noticed this before, perhaps because the XR is a roller bearing type. Just rev up the car or with the A/C on it idles faster (hence my miss diagnosis) turn it off, open the bonnet and stick your ear above the turbo (not that close stupid) and you can hear it slowing down but still spinning for several minutes. ....well I thought it was cool. :D
-
Correct.
-
Lots of snow in North america, and FWD is preffered to RWD for the snow. Another scary fact is the best selling car in the states and has been for many years is the F150.... good commuter vehicle for just one person per car. At least is a blue oval.
-
They are right you know, acording to the Ford website blurb.... Two_piece_drive_shaft_adds_finishing_touch.pdf
-
So your recomendation is rather than clean the windscreen we should replace it? :D :D :D :D
-
I read somewhere on this forum that the clutch is not a heavy duty unit, and was intentionally designed as a "weak link" to protect the gearbox, driveshaft and the rest of the drive train. So you may have dramas changing that. :( A dealer told me anything directly connected to anything you modify is no longer covered by warranty. So I said if I change the exhaust does that mean the turbo is not covered? He said yep. But he was just a salesman not a service manager. Almost evey part of a car is interelated and works in unison, and is designed to work that way with a bit of tollerance, or margin of saftey. Consider it from Fords point of view, How would you feel if you designed and made this thing to go hard and work correctly "most" of the time for $45k. Poeple changed it, then complaned when it didnt work. Sure if you spend $100k on a GTR its different, Its still a 6cyl turbo car (also with 4wd) But most of the extra money is spent on bulletproof drivetrain etc. Our cars, like it or not are built to a price. So consider a ripple thru scenario (starting to sound like a w@nker now arent I) ... Change your intercooler for a bigger one then it obscures the previously free air flow to the power steering cooler, and one day, whooosshka your XR6T goes all HSV on you and dumps it power steering fluid and the pump is damaged. You shout warranty! "I never touched the power steering" But in reality your modifications directly led to the damage. The way I see it, drive your car as it is out of the box, safe in the knowledge that you have protection if any little thing goes wrong or Mod you car so it goes like stink but be aware the things you change are your problem unless you have it in writing, because if you dont ...It never happened. Just my thoughts.... you did ask.
-
Cro... Were you the Blueprint XR6T that sped past me (I slowed for the 80 zone) then cut across in front of me heading south along the Monaro Hwy and tuned left towards Qbn at Hume, at about mid day on saturday? The only thing that anoyed me was that a fellow XR6T driver did not wave. By the way I have a White XR6T with YCL _ _ _ rego, and live in Tugg but spend time all over town.
-
Me too.... Passenger's side. Under brakes, although not for a while so perhaps the shuddering has shaken it out.
-
Just for the record I have an Auto Turbo with 11,500k's and it was fine brake wise up untill about 10,000ks. Before that is was a mix of highway and city driving. After just one enthusiastic but certianly not extreeme run down and back up the Clyde mountain to the coast and back. Now it shudders like a mad bas*ard.
-
aniken.... Sorry you missed the point as tounge was to firmly embedded in cheek. What I meant was, I do miss my truck, but I love my XR6 more....
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.