Jump to content

Antisocial

Member
  • Posts

    1,347
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Antisocial

  1. Look what I found.. :D .. the bad news. :( I found it a Home Depot in Milwaukee. Perhaps they have a distributor in Oz.
  2. SLAP!!!!! Everybody knows nice Girls dont get probes from Fyshwick.
  3. Antisocial

    Colour

    :lol: :lol: :lol: Although those in glass houses......
  4. The first car I drove was a white XR with red trim. I thought it was a bit much, and the beloved said... "that's a cr@ppy, looks like a HSV, why dont we get leather" And I certianly dont need encouragment to spend more money on cars so leather it was. :D Admittedly it is a bit dark with the black seats and trims. Having seen a few cars with grey, phantom and blue trim, I think I could live with that, but definitly not the red. In fact if I could have gotten a white car with phantom trim I would have done that and put the money towards premium brakes....
  5. In Canberra it is stage 3 and no watering hard surfaces, eg washing cars or pavers. I have had only one bad experience with a Laserwash and that was with the $10 super dooper wash that includes under car wash. It sprays water up under the car as you drive on. On this one occasion it sprayed water up thru the drain holes under the A pillars into the kick panel area and shorted out the central locking in my wifes EA. So now no under car washing for me. Drain holes are designed to let water drain out freely, not stop it commining up and in.... I have a 9000L water tank which thanks to todays rain is full so I can wash it on the back lawn with the pressure washer. But I think peole will get aggro with me if my car is always shiny and clean. And all I need is some hippy to vandalise it in the name of water conservation. :( So I washed it last weekend and it will stay dirty for a few months, should have bought a HaaG then no one could tell if it was covered in road grime.. :lol: :lol:
  6. Just curious aaronmihe & Velvet Glove, which dealers are you buying from McGraths or Gregories?
  7. Being a fellow ACT fuel card type person, but not having a choice as to what. I use BP ultimate and Castrol Maganatec, both of which I can get from BP servos. That said the BP servos in Canberra are crap, they seem to have run out of Ultimate evey seccond week, and all the diesel pumps leak fom the nozzle, not that you would care about that. But if you drive a diesel it realy $hits you to end up with smelly hands each time you fill up. My last job came with a fleet/shell card and I much preffered that. As well as better service there were also more to choose from. I have also had good reuslts from Penrite and Course Plus. I will keep an eye out for the new T driven by the dude with the rediculous grin :D you can try to stop it, but I bet you wont succeed. :D
  8. Sixfan, you actually say gads? Yes I think the tank is too small....
  9. I work at Various Hospitals and clinics in town. And its not hard to spot the Dr's car park. One actually drives his Ferrari Testarossa to work and parks it next to all the other BM's Mercs, but there are also a Convertible Vette, a fully restored 1960's Rolls Royce, AMG Mercs 350Z's etc. One Dr owns a Range Rover, a WRX, a Covertible Merc, a BMW and a Harley, yep monday, tuesday wed......
  10. I was dirving my sisters clapped out Magna home cause they would not take it as a trade in on her new car. Pulled up at the lights next to a shiny new CV8 Monaro. He looked across at me in a brown Magna with a blown head gasket (actually running on 3 cyclinders) huge hole in the muffler. So it actually sounded like a cross between a Harley and a bridge ported rotary. So he didnt take any chances, lights went green and he smoked it up all the way across the intersection. :lol: Wasnt going to get blown away by some twin turbo sleeper brown Magna. Little did he know I only just had enough power to get moving.
  11. Nope nothing biased about my family, we have a wide and varing range of all sorts of different ....Fords. Ford XR6T..............self Ford EA S...............my beloved (3 years replaced with XR6T) Ford AU Fairmont...Mum Ford XG ute............Dad Ford XC Fairmont .. Late grandfather left it to me (low ks) Ford Falcon S.....Aunt Ford Falcon XE S.....Late father in law (sold it last week) Mazda 323 2002.....Sister (Mazda part owned by Ford so she was allowed to purchase it) Leyland P76 V8 .... Me (everybody has to have a hobby) other cars I have owned Ford F100 351 4X4 1980, Ford Maverick 4X4 SWB plus a few other Nissans and Mitsubishis..
  12. (Falchoon @ Sep 17 2003, 04:02 PM) ...what he said.
  13. I know what you mean, as I work for a large American company and the things thay waste money on just makes you sit back in disbelief and shake your head. I must admit Holdens Tv ads are sooo much better than Fords. They also have a great asset in Mark Skafe, a successful (in business and motorsport), articulate, attractive (or so my wife tells me) corporate front man. And we have dudes in blue Ford jackets .... that said I did like the add with the 3 patrons getting thrown out of the nightclub. :lol:
  14. Plonky, I felt you were spot on up until about here..... The Explorer is far from perfect, thirsty, soggy suspension that droops when you put anything in the back. Poor use of interior space and terible left to right hand drive ergonomics, not overly capable off road (more designed for driving in snow). I personally know over a 100 4wd owners (club) and only one has an explorer and she bought it to tow a horse float. Compared to other 4wd's for the money it just dosen't rate. :( You didnt even mention the Escape, good softroader if your after that sort of thing. But for some reason the Mazda Tribute has a much better suspension setup (Mazda dealers know this, and actually tell you to go and take a Ford for a drive cause they know you will come back) I think the Tribute also looks better. :nugget: And the General has has had a triumph of marketing over product since the 70's.
  15. As far as unmarked HWP cars being of use to catch serial offenders, I think they would be of little use. I have fresh insight, as I now drive a white Australian made performance sedan, and I have noticed a change in the way select other road users treat me. Some people come flying up behind me, just before they overtake, notice the possible copcar and jam on the brakes and pull in behind me. Or the not keep left bozo's who drive 10k's under the limit, forcing others to 'undertake' them. But when I come up behind they shoot across to the left. Now I know unmarked cars come in all colours but they still have a 'look' about them, stemming from the wider tyres combined with the slightly lower suspension thru to the hair cut of the driver. And the serial offenders look for that, all you will catch are the ... </enter_stereotype_mode> young girls in small $hity cars who speed, send SMS's, talk on the phone and tailgate without looking out the windows at the world around them. And other inattentive types just like them, which is not such a bad thing. Don't get me wrong I despise the stop sign/red light runners, never indicating not keep left, fast-slow-fast a$$holes as much as the next guy, but some are damn hard to catch.
  16. Ford XR6 Turbo.com Forums -> General -> Chit Chat -> Forum Users Hobbies Cro Posted: Aug 18 2003, 10:19 AM The thing which now concerns me most is that is, I obviously spend far too much time on this forum, as I actually remembered this, :( and where I read it. So because facts like this, are taking up valuble car trivia space in my brain I must now leave this website, never to return.... ......GOODBYE ALL! :nugget: Hey rowlan I told you about the wipes, that must be worth something.... bye
  17. Went and had a chat with him when he came to town for the BIGGEST SHOE SALE IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE ....a while ago and he seemed to know a lot about all sorts of interesting establishments in town, and anyone who lists masturbating as a hobby, loses the benefit of doubt.
  18. I hate that stuff too I used it just the once. I have seen somewhere here, mention of Meguiars leather wipes, but I havent found them for sale anywhere. :( As I live in Canberra I could go to Fyshwick and check on what the professional leather fetish types use, although thinking about it Ken or Cro would probably be Gold membership mailorder card holders, and would have more info...... :D
  19. Antisocial

    Rice

    mercturbo, you just have to look in my garage, XR6T and a 1973 Aussie V8. No rice here. I said it was probably more practical, true, but certialy not more desirable. ..... in my opinion anyway. So no offence taken here, except perhaps to the colour of your car. :lol: Oh $hit we are not to turn all threads into colour wars are we.... :D :D To each their own that's what makes Oz such a great place to live, Japo cars, wog cars, Ladas, country bumpkin B&S utes. All have pride of place in their respective owners garages.
  20. Antisocial

    Rice

    A look at my CD's reveals I only have a Death Cult CD, an intermediate name between Southern Death Cult and The Cult. Electric is definitly my favourite though. I think the popularity of "rice" is a by product of Plonkys least favourite topic .... radars. In my day and Im only 32, there was only one cop car in town with a radar, so If you passed it going into town, as you were leaving, you knew you could sit on 160 or more and would be very unlucky to get done by a passing (non highway patrol car) so performace was a priority. I knew people who would spend all their money putting a 440 into a charger, or a Nascar motor (3000rpm idle, and came on cam at 4500, very handy around town) into a base model falcon (hey petrol was only 40 odd cents a litre) but with nothing left for paint or mags, But now with all the speed cameras and the like and fuel at $1 a litre. A car that only looks as if it go's realy fast, is probably far more practical than one that actually goes fast, especially when it spends most of its time stationary with the stereo blaring somewhere in Braddon. Having said that I think clear tail lights would not look too bad on my white T. Would cost far less and not bother my warranty or insurance as much as a unichip. But I like my car as it is, and probably wouldn't spend money on either, $hit I am old. :( .
  21. Antisocial

    Rice

    I feel the main aspect to rice is the ....looks over performance priority. For example spending $9K plus paint for a veilside body kit for a $19,990 Hyundai, or a BOV and a bunch of stickers on your 180SX. The money is spent on image rather than performance, whereas (Generalising) V8 or non-rice types spend money on go fast bits that you cant necessarily see. So if it is just for looks it is a bit rice, but at the same time you don’t want a go fast car that looks crap, so when you dress it up you run the risk of rice. You will never find a "sleeper" rice car, as they are mutually exclusive. I personally prefer the Cults Electric to the Southern death Cult stuff....but I don’t drive a HaAg. (and neither does Plonky) :D
  22. Right... lynch him!
  23. So you expect me to think quick... ...type quick... ...and be able to spell correctly!!! :lol: Eye fink too out a free aint bad.
  24. I see... ...Sydney has been premoted to STATE staus now eh! :lol:
  25. Could be the same w@nker I saw last week in the carpark at the Canberra Hospital. Tried to park, crunched the bull bar of his mitsubishi van into the passengers door mirror of an AU with nice big wheels, put into reverse and drove off. :nugget: I wrote down his rego & time details etc and stuck it under the dudes windscreen wiper. Why the hell do these people have to live in Canberra? I am lucky and careful, park next to a wall (reduce chance of encounter with w@anker by 50%) and have had my T 7 months/18,000ks and no dents yet.
×
×
  • Create New...