Jump to content

shrunk

Member
  • Posts

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by shrunk

  1. It was last weekend, managed to get about 7 runs before the rain set in. Next drag day is on the 8th; I think it's motorbikes in the morning, cars afternoon
  2. Beating an M5 only cost me $1400NZD (on top of the car itself): (m5 just couldnt get power down off the mark) But the RS6 on the other-hand: RS6 best run was 12.1 (not stock) (Excuse the excited wife, kids & mother in the background )
  3. If you overlook the specific times and just look at the differences between each vehicle (considering they may have been poor conditions, but I'm assuming they were the same conditions for all vehicles), it stacks up really well. I've driven a mates F10 M5 and the acceleration was awesome, to see that the GTS stacks up so closely is pretty impressive to me, especially given the m5 cost around $220k (NZD). If I could afford the GTS, I'd take it.
  4. Congratulations! I'm guessing with that power you're either 'just cruising' or exploding into an Armageddon of smoke and fury. The 200 to 300 dash would be interesting!
  5. Thanks all for your input, I forwarded the tuner some info I found on here, with some suggestions re. battery voltage offset etc and have been pm'ed some info too. I can't rule out something mechanical being a contributing factor, as it stalled straight after he reversed it off the dyno for its initial dyno run (before changing anything). I wouldnt think the sole cause, but possibly contributing. It's about 95% there, no coughing/spluttering, driving is perfect.... it's just maybe one in ten stops resulting in a stall, otherwise the idle feels quite smooth. This aside, it feels like a good tune, not pushing anything too far (only running around 12.5/13psi peak) and a very smooth boost curve that drives well. Around 40 wheel kw gain in the peak and 60kw gain closer to top of the rev range. Will detail this stuff in another thread later. I'll update this thread with the outcome.
  6. Sorry, I failed to specify... I'm in New Zealand (Christchurch)
  7. Hi, I've recently had a tune w/ deka 60's. I've had to make a couple return visits to resolve some minor issues, most of which have been sorted (stall when changing between park, neutral, drive etc). Had an idle issue, where it would stall when coming to a stop, this was resolved at the expense of poor drivability when cold (a couple tables were changed, not sure which, but they caused it to feel like the handbrake was half on when driving cold). These tables were returned to their original values, and apparently some 'extra air added around the 650rpm mark' to help idle. I can say it seems to idle and drive very smoothly, except occasionally revs dip really low (almost stalling) when driving at very low RPM (on/off the brakes in traffic) and I'm getting the occasional (once or twice a day) stall when coming to a stop. I've read several threads regarding possible causes, mostly around low slope, high slope and battery voltage offset - before possibly offending my tuner (who I must add has been very helpful and just as eager to resolve this as I am) by having a newb give him suggestions, I just wanted to confirm if my symptoms are possibly related to the slope / battery offset suggestions (as per http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/55584-why-tuners-hate-60lb-siemens-dekas/) FYI - Throttle body was cleaned at time of tune. Car had actually stalled 2 or 3 times previously, in the 2yrs I've owned it, only when quickly flicking from park to drive immediately after starting (car automatically revs a bit following ignition, and had stalled if I flicked into drive while revs were dropping down to idle). But since tune, about 10 days ago, stalling is a daily occurrence. Thanks
  8. Turns out it wasn't a hassle for the tuner - he had some in stock...
  9. Hi, I purchased some 60lb Deka's and from reading other threads I'm aware I'll need spacers to get them to fit my FG. I'm just wondering where to go to find these spacers? I'm based in New Zealand, and trying to save my tuner the hassle of sourcing them himself. Cheers
  10. Sorry to revive an old thread, but where does one find these spacers? I'm in the same boat as OP, same injectors etc - but based in New Zealand, so thought I might try find the spacers to save my tuner the hassle
  11. Top prank... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUO5Qv6PRkU
  12. displacement wins
  13. I beleive it's going to be a Nismo branded (limited run) production car, a bit like FPV to ford... The car pictures looks to just be some random stock image they used for the article, I think someone just googled 'fast GTR' and used the first image they found
  14. Just in case anyone missed it .... http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/8989987/Nissans-Godzilla-GT-R-to-get-even-faster
  15. What's the deal with Roger Cordia, I've been a member of car forums of various makes over the years and every site has had it's Roger Cordia experience (both Australia and NZ). Can't be the same guy, has to be some kind of trolling meme?! *although, if he has been everywhere I have, I hope I'm not the main star of some Fight Club / Tyler Durden type scenario*
  16. I'd say it's the latter - I check pressure / top-up every other month, plus in-laws borrow the regularly and father in law seems to do it at every second refuel
  17. Cheers Sorted out a new set of RE002's, getting fitted, balanced and alignment as I type. Hopefully that has it sorted, will keep a closer eye on the very inner from now on... Will get bushes checked out too.
  18. Dropped the car off for a service this morning, and wheels were still at near full lock when parked which gave me the opportunity to spot something I hadn't noticed before... 95% of the front tyres look perfect, I give them a quick visual inspection fairly often - when washing the car / wheel arches etc... but they were turned close to full lock when I parked the car this morning and I spotted that the inside edge is worn right down past the wire (and quite a bit past). It's not gradual wear, it's about a 45 degree angle of wear on the inner most 3cm of the tyre and deep. Will try get pics (if I don't end up getting the mechanic to get the alignment and new tyres before I pick it up)... But #$%, the rest of the tyres have a sh*teload of tread (at least 6-7mm right across the width of the tyre until you get to that last 3cm).
  19. Didnt the VF drop weight? Actually wikipedia says 40kg lighter; same power, less weight should mean faster, no?
  20. Lamborghini Sesto Elemento - struggle to think of another car that screams "I'M F**KING RICH" any louder than that... And maybe an R35 for the odd occassion when I don't want to be such a dick.
  21. Noticed any difference other than aesthetic? Hearsay says you shouldnt have, but you can speak from experience...
  22. To be fair, they stay in the homebrand box, it's a 'stay-fresh' old-timey style tin the box drops into - but nonetheless, makes something look like something it isnt
  23. There is no reason why a man cant wear lingerie. Some males born in Bangkok choose to wear lingerie, and some in San Francisco. However, most men dress as men regardless of where we go (maybe we just find the alternative a matter for light ridicule - or maybe just no imagination). That said, I put homebrand Weetbix in a Weetbix branded tin; probably made in the same factory, aesthetically you can't tell one from the other.... but somewhere, deep inside, I feel I've done something wrong.
  24. Worst experience I had with a dealer was checking out a turbo forrester with a window price of $9990 (cheapimportscoznewzealand) he said "Take it for a test drive and I'll work out a deal for you while you're out". So I get back, and the guy, fresh off the boat from Italy, greeted me - "here's a veddy gooda deal I do a special for'a you huh'. The 'deal' was put down in front of me, which was the window price plus a few (not asked for) extras added on at full retail price (towbar, new CD player, aftermarket 3yr warranty etc) with a total price of somewhere around $13k. GTFO
×
×
  • Create New...