Jump to content

joncitizen

Member
  • Posts

    92
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by joncitizen

  1. I think it's a FAULT, you can only have Traction Control or DSC not both. DSC is Traction Control with a bosch steering wheel angle sensor on the bottom of the steering column with a purple plug and probably some revisions of the ABS modules... Look at the button where the fog lights are, it's a car going sideways not a wheel spinning, should correspond to that button. I have had 2 BF2s (DSC) and 1 BF (BF) and both BF2s will only light up the top left button when pressed. Bottom right on the TC car. Get it checked out...
  2. Before you go ahead with CMS, you might want to have a look at the stage packages precision racing offers: https://precisionracing.com.au/ford-fg-xr6t-g6et/ Better decide whether you want to run e85, 98 or flex and which platform SCT or PCMTEC as Full Flex on PCMTEC will add about another $950 for the kit alone... One thing to also consider is which shop actually answers the phone or replies to emails or calls in a timely manner, without you chasing them up. Then you need to worry up other stuff besides running a number like idle, cold start - especially on e85... Johhny Tig, Process West, PWR and Plazmaman all make coolers - not sure which ones are no cut, someone can chime in here... If you're chasing more power later, you might want to consider a turbo side intake now and piping to suit... rather than an expensive airbox. ANTZ Performance and MackieLec have options for piping and intakes. Remember hat Autotech is an X-Force dealer so maybe some some bias there... I'd go all aftermarket piping, with a turbo side intake, plazmaclamp adaptor for the TB and plazmaclamp for TB to cold side pipe: https://plazmaman.com/product/throttle-body-adapter-fg-falcom-to-3-plazmaclamp/ Don't want the elbow popping off on boost, hitting your bonnet... Anyway just my 2c
  3. Why 2 catch cans? I'd be taking off the exhaust manifold and giving it to Joe/Mark so they can set up the preload on the bench and port or touch up the rear housing to their liking, then you would not have any trouble. Are you going for a stock looking engine bay by retaining the x-over? Good Stuff, I went the other way around and put an FG Column into the BF with replaceable ignition switch.
  4. Since you're sorting out all the standard BA/BF problems, don't forget to sort out the ignition switch, before you're left stranded in the middle of no where...
  5. Enjoy it.
  6. Dyno sheets aside, how does it feel on the road?
  7. It was on they dyno mate, this arvo. Winter White Body with Blue around the brackets for bonnet iirc And no not the ugliest car in the shop, there was a snot coloured BF2 XT/ES with a turbo manual earlier there this week... Has Joe given if you a rough power figure of what is achievable?
  8. How'd ya go? Saw it at CMS today
  9. Nice engine bay! No A/C? Where'd they hide the fuse box?
  10. Anyone got pics on how much was trimmed on the backing plate?
  11. Which turbo did you go with?
  12. Just FYI Some killer prices for GEN 2 GTX3582 & GTX3584 @ Sparesbox https://www.sparesbox.com.au/garrett-turbocharger-gtx3584rs-fg-orion-1-06a-r https://www.sparesbox.com.au/garrett-turbocharger-gtx3584rs-fg-orion-1-15a-r https://www.sparesbox.com.au/garrett-turbocharger-gtx3584rs-ba-bf-1-15a-r https://www.sparesbox.com.au/garrett-turbocharger-gtx3582r-gen2-fg-1-06a-r No I'm not affiliated with Sparesbox, I bought my GTX3582R for more from Paccies.
  13. So yeah any feedback?
  14. Hi, I've purchased a s/h 460 internally mounted process west surge tank but no instructions were included. Could someone please upload the instructions to install and how to wire it up (I have the wiring loom for it) and the specs of the bolts mount it to the car as those didn't come with it either. I'm going to assume it bolts up somewhere on the LHS chassis rail? Thanks
  15. Thanks for the replies fellas. Ended up just doing the half moon seal and crankshaft seal.
  16. I have dropped in a few times, and have got done stuff with them before, but no tuning or performance related stuff. That's the sort of info, I'm after, what retuning costs. $450 is about half a full tune from "scratch" Dunno mate, my thoughts are if they are taking this long to get your money, just imagine how long it would be once they have it............................. --- Any have any recent experience with Tunehouse?
  17. Would anyone be able to comment on their experience of after sales service from a tuner in NSW? There are a lot of people tooting CMS, but they have a huge communication problem imo, they don't want to give prices in person and say to email but take over a week to respond to emails?
  18. same same (at least I didn't say claymore or airds) I've seen this car advertised at least 3 times for sale this year.
  19. Is this the car from Narellan/Camden/2560?????
  20. Hello, so I've got an oil leak from the timing cover-bad enough I can't park on my drive way. Car is a stock BF2 XR6T (05/07) Billet Oil Pump Gears + Housing. Atomic Timing Chain. Anything else worth doing at the same time? Aiming for 400rwkw. TY
  21. Any updates???
×
×
  • Create New...