-
Posts
370 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by jacobmitchell92
-
Bit of practice and you'll piss it in mate! Good luck and have fun!
-
With a good set of slicks, and a upgraded converter you'll manage a 9sec pass. I did it in my FG XR6, with the same turbo from Rob. It's kept so quiet because everyone talks about the GTX3582r and don't want to hear at the the 66mm with .7'cover.
-
RACEWARS 2017
jacobmitchell92 replied to Krazy Kyle's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
It should be a good weekend down there. I'll be racing for sure. Luckily I have family that live down there. -
Recommended Workshop Western Australia
jacobmitchell92 replied to Stevie f6's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
^^ over 900rwhp and still drives like a normal car. Cold starts are no problems. Car goes 5 weeks at a time without been touch and then started with out any dramas. Regarding gearbox it depends what you have done to it? If you have a big unlocked converter it's not going to drive like a standard box. But you are right in saying if it 'slams' into gear there is something not right. As previously saying I recommend Monsta torque, have been going there since 2011 and wouldn't go anywhere else. -
Recommended Workshop Western Australia
jacobmitchell92 replied to Stevie f6's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
I would go to Monsta Torque. Who cares if it's a bit of a drive. It's worth it. And maintenance is twice a year. I'm sure you can manage the drive. -
Intank to surge setup
jacobmitchell92 replied to singh87's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
No. -
If your in Perth give Monsta torque a call. They do a 66mm wheel and 0.7 front cover which makes more power than the 3582r and is more responsive. As stated building the box is a good idea. But no need for billet input shaft. Cyro treated will do fine for that power and save you money. I would go the process west stage 3 cooler. You will find many tuners won't want to push the car too hard on 98 (even more so with a 6 year old car with 70k on a unbuilt motor) E85 isn't too bad in Perth. I live down in rockingham and just do a trip to the city once per month with 200l worth of jerry cans. E85 is magical stuff. Once you try it you'll never go back to 98.
-
RACEWARS 2017
jacobmitchell92 replied to Krazy Kyle's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
This would be good! A boot full of jerry cans and the car on a car trailer! -
I could be completely wrong but I thought it had something to do with the amount of clutch packs in 5th gear etc
-
I have no doubt mine can handle 8k no problems. But Iv been avoiding changing into 5th gear at the drags as it puts a fair amount of load on the gearbox. I think my limiter is set at 7500rpm now. But I never touch the limiter.
-
Give rob at Monsta Torque a call about the 66mm wheel and 0.7 front cover. I used one for like 3 years and it was awesome. Power range from 410rwkw on 98 not pushing it. And ended with 535rwkw on E85. Managed a 9.91 at the drags as well. Sounds awesome and in my opinion is was more responsive than the GTX3582r. You can check out my build thread in the 500kw section. It's called FG XR6T or something. Has a fair bit of info on the turbo.
-
Not sure. I would take it up there all the time though. I don't beat up on it on the street or anything. Only time it sees it is 4th gear at the strip.
-
It's got a fully built motor. Standard stroke.
-
4th gear around 7000rpm. But remember the converter isn't fully locked up so the road speed is a little lower.
-
First is a waste of time. Can't get enough stall either. 2nd gear around 3500rpm
-
Bit of a slow gear change I'd say. I launch in 2nd so that's going from 2-3. A bit more torque management should have it sorted. Haha it's a good feeling. Just make sure you have nothing in the center as it all flys out. Thanks mate. Nah this is using a GTX4294 now.
-
Sorry I just double checked it's actually a whoopass Wednesday Facebook page by the motorplex. They already have it on there.
-
There is a video of it on the motorplex Facebook page. I'll try and get a vid of it tomorrow and will try and post.
-
Thanks mate! Will try and sneak in next week if I'm still home.
-
I am stoked with it! The car felt solid and didn't let me down at all! With more practice the faster it'll go!
-
Managed a 9.64 at 145mph. Pretty happy with it for now. I feel as it still has a bit more left in it. Just have to try and get this converter to lock up at the end to give a higher MPH. 60ft was a 1.5.
-
Took it down the drags the other night. Only got 1 pass until the track was shut due to rain. Was hard on the brakes at the end so I didn't get kicked out (if I knew it was going to be the only pass I would have gone all out) but on a good note I managed a 1.52 60ft time which was decent!
-
Not sure how they would have held up down the track as it was the first run and the shaft broke as soon as I took off. They are 17inch 275s Haha I'll try and dig out the old Go Pro
-
Thanks guys. Got these new Hoosier radials with the new tread and rubber. Managed to get it on gate before I left the line so I imagine around 20psi boost. No wonder the standard shaft broke. 87,000kms, 60k of which have been over 550rwhp. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Still haven't managed to race it yet due to work. Took it down a few weeks ago and blew the RH drive shaft. Just picked the car up on Monday with new 1400hp shafts, hubs, CVs and put a new true Trac diff in. Will try and get it down next Wednesday and see what it can do! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.