Jump to content

physh

Member
  • Posts

    248
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by physh

  1. Happy Birthday physh!

  2. Is this done yet? I want.
  3. I've heard of LPG vapour injected systems that use the Parnell/Prins VSI injected setup, with two gas converters to get the throughput. The injectors apparently only flow a certain amount (something like 300-350hp I think, don't quote me) though, but the software they use can configure under WOT or heavy loads to inject petrol either simultaneously or instead. I'm VERY anxiously waiting to hear from anyone who's actually done it on a T though... my booking will be in the same sentence... lol.
  4. How much of a deposit do you want pretzel?
  5. I had the Kawasaki ER-5 to learn on and then for 3 years afterwards. Brilliant bike to learn on, easy to ride and comfortable. Miss the Kwakka (as my boys called it) it like my leg to be honest, but with a young family the decision was made for me... :( I'll end up getting a nice bike again one day, at the moment got my eye on a ZX12R or ZZR1200...
  6. Touchscreen!!! :w00t: How much?
  7. So post up the specs of the screen! ...and how are you doing the OBDII functionality, and what can it do?
  8. Damn, sign me up to your card group!!!
  9. physh

    Laptop/tablets

    cdm - just be careful of overseas purchases as they may not be covered by warranty in Australia - some do an "international" warranty that does, but just read the fine-print. Also the power pack will have an overseas plug (EU/US for example) that means you'll have to track one down here too... Personally I'd prefer the HP from your shortlist. I'm not a fan of the IBM devices, but that's a personal opinion of course! Each to their own - all the vendors and products have pro's and con's. Go with whichever one you reckon looks the coolest! Although I'm now also considering (hang on a sec while I put the Nomex suit on) a dual-core 17" Apple MacBook Pro running Windows XP and OSX natively... Not a tablet, so not entirely useful comparison, but hey.
  10. BF Falcon XR6 Turbo = 480NM @2000RPM (~353 ft-lbs) Other than that, great writeup!
  11. E46 BMW M3. :o ...Necessary? probably not. Look cool and sound great... hell yeah! :o
  12. I've got a N70 too, very cool phone - but exahsix, where you getting a 1GB card for $90???
  13. Also, consider paying for an extended factory warranty at this point - is a much cheaper option than re-upholstering...
  14. Everyone's different I guess. But personally speaking - I love the screaming sound of a boosted turbo, I love the burble of a good V8, I love the howl of a big bore supercharged motor... But I also love that beautiful mechanical symphony of a high-RPM screamer in good motorbikes, Ferrari's, etc, and this... http://www.arielmotor.co.uk Ariel Atom - 2.0L Honda iVTEC, supercharged, with a huge ram-air intake behind your left ear... 300BHP and 8500rpm soft-cut limiter... Induction noise anyone? My favourite ever drive-past noise was what I am absolutely SURE was a black SL65 AMG... There was no "V12 biturbo" badge on it, but it was convertible, had quad pipes and was about the meanest vehicle I have ever seen... Not too loud (which I like), but the note, the quality, the mechanically smooth yet animal howl as the guy planted it... the undertone of the tyres scrabbling for grip being drowned out by the exhaust and watching him slingshot away like I was standing still (sorry guys, but I was in a standard XR6T and I didnt' have a chance in hell)... My missus told me to stop drooling, wipe the tears from my eyes, and wind all the windows back up because she was getting cold... ...some heartless people just DON'T understand...
  15. I want one. Anyone who's seen one in the flesh, or knows someone with one... please give us all feedback!
  16. On a side note... From what I read the vehicle the Viva is based on has an industry/segment WORST performance for Problems/100 cars... they had something like 152 problems PER 100 cars! The missus asked if we should buy one of those new "revolution" cars like on TV, and was surprised when I cracked up and laughed at her...
  17. ROFLMAO... to the forum Lisa and please, don't feed the monkeys... This'll be interesting to watch...
  18. IT Security... looking for work to fund my soon-to-be-purchased BF FPV...
  19. Pity it's not on the FPV's, what a joke. Won't affect me personally at the moment, as I'm looking at a FPV ute. They now have TC, and ABS, so the required hardware is there... Why wouldn't DSC be available on the utes? I thought DSC was just software?
  20. I did read that the current GT Liberty was going to be off the Aus market for 8 months, but Subaru Australia were going to sell 300 of these limited edition GT's. They normally sell 100 Liberty GT's a month, and will lose these to the newly released Mazda6 MPS, but Subaru Aus was quoted as saying they're willing to accept that "because they were expecting a much more aggressive offering from Mazda"... Subaru Australia's downside for the Liberty GT being off the market is "only" 500 cars over 8 months... lol. I can't remember where I read it. GoAuto I think. Still, I think a 2.5 turbo liberty GT-B with the 6 speed STi gearbox and centre diff would be neat... Pity they don't offer the Sat-Nav in Australia yet... :(
  21. Yep. Pure. Horn.
  22. The FPV F6 Tornado ute now has EVERYTHING I've been after... Traction control, six speed auto, premium sound with colour screen, climate control, three piece hard tonneau with sports bars as well... Only thing I'll have left to do is put the quad exhausts, and my first ever mod that is purely for cosmetics... possibly put the bulged bonnet on with custom decals on... I'm in Lurrrrve...
  23. trough lolly takes the cake. Hmm... Is that urinal cake?
  24. physh

    Sydney Motor Show

    Me and some mates are road-tripping up from Canberra on Friday for it...
  25. I'm also very interested in getting a T on LPG... Every commercial place I've spoken to around Canberra seems to think at this stage that it can't be done but is a matter of time. Anywhere in Sydney or Melbourne even?
×
×
  • Create New...