Jump to content

useless

Member
  • Posts

    259
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by useless

  1. Ok .Thank you for clearing that up
  2. I hope I didnt come across as venting crap.I have redone my diff 3 times in 2 years ..this is a statement of fact. My gearbox is the 3rd in as many years. This time its toughened up.I am on my 4th power steering rack and third pump. I had finally decided to buy new or as close to new parts as possible. Its been running thank god.
  3. What was the problem?
  4. Have you tried haltech? I think they sell a vriety of widebands.
  5. Steve and the boys have a great reputation.With 179rwkws you should have a flat 14 second car.Will you be going to the track?
  6. You will get around 165 to 170 rwkws:)
  7. If I am dumb then explain why a stock t which puts out 190rwkws in manual form cant beat my wagon with 141 rwkws? Where do you buy you killowatts from?Ebay? Same night wsid 6 runs and its best was 14.5 like mine?
  8. It is a great way to increase power. But there is alot less to make a turbo car pull 400 rwkws than a na car dont you agree? I got a bit stroppy because the attitude coming across is that some people with turbo charger (not all) are a bit condascending to the na people. People mod there cars for fun...They have put in work and care to make it their project.This doesnt give other blokes the right to talk down to them. I saw the first 400rwkw ba turbo around 3 to 4 years ago. Yes it is an old story. 400killowatts would be fun to drive but then the only place to really use it is at the track or on an ocean liner propeller.
  9. I have been to the drags and seen modded t pull great times. I have seen standard t's in manual form pull 14.5's on the same night I pulled my 14.5s. I have also seen the best t in standard form pull a 14.3 . These are more the real deal on the t's. Its ok guys don't get defensive.It is exactly why everyone heads down to their local tuner to up the boost and get tune. The six speed auto is known on its own to drop ets so they must be getting a little quicker. A turbo is basically the easy dumb persons way to power. Dont get me going as I might use the same intellect to go to the wreckers,rebuild an engine/gearbox that is bomb proof and then proceed to install the biggest mofo turbo you blokes have ever seen.From there turn the boost as far as it will go and then tune accordingly. 700 rwkws is the magical number in my head. I am bored of hearing about 400 rwkw cars. that's been done to death now.How bout something better? The one car I can say is impressive is the bcl mobile . That guy knows where he is at. Passion and drive to the nth degree.This guy has got character!!
  10. Yer I read back over it and realised I promised to keep people up to date and so I did. I dont know when I will go to the track. Other priorities have come into play.Lets just say my business opposition better invest in alot of vaseline. I would like to crack a mid 13 second pass one day but the constant payment of doing things twice by the pseudo experts has set me back lot.
  11. It ran 2 14.5's in July guys.It ended on a dyno a month later and showed 141 rwkws with 10.5 to 1 air fuel ratios. Something has been wrong and I am sorting it out. The auto was slipping and has since been replaced.The diff was single spinning again and so I went to a different workshop got it done again. A 14.5 from a na au station wagon is not too bad with 141 rwkws...maybe next time heheh Even so its been a good year for this hobby..reaction time money was a big bonus
  12. Is there any problems with upping the fuel system pressure from 40 psi to 58psi? I already have a bigger pump and adjustable regulator..?
  13. that's pretty good mate.Good on you:)
  14. Might be onto something there!! I have a ba fuel rail in my co,puter room.It should fit straight onto the au.
  15. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...st&id=28694 Looks like I try to will sort this out myself. This thread doesnt mean much with out a proper expalanation. In this photo it appears that the fuel feed from the tank is connected and feeding fuel to the top of the surge tank. Athe bottom I can vaguely see a red hose going to ? The new bosch pump. There are 2 hoses off the side of this unit.The red one appears to be going into the return line connection to the tank.I can only then assume the other hose is the feed from the fuel regulator intended as the return line.
  16. So which lines go where ? It seems as though there are 4 hoses from the surge tank/swirl pot.There are 3 from the standard setup. Where does the fuel return line go to? The petrol tank or surge tank ? Does the fuel tank pump line go into the top of the tank? I cant see where all the lines are hooked up.Can someone please shed some light on this?
  17. Psi affects flow directly. The more pressure the less flow a pump will flow. The popular bosch 044 inline pump may not out flow some others at higher pressure.the only way to tell is get 40,50,60etc psi tested pumps and their rated flow at that pressure. http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=406025 this article might help explain
  18. Maybe just a cheap quality filter.I might swing past rocket and get a recleaneable one.
  19. I found tiny fragments in the fuel rail regulator etc. The strainer isnt doing its job?
  20. I think I may have miniature pebbles throughout my fuel system. How do clean the system? I am What will ensure I remove all of this crud? Do I have to throw the lines and fuel rail?Is it possible to give it a squeaky clean clean?
  21. I have had both bosch 040 and walbro gs341. Don't be deceived.The bosch ratings are all over the place. ..they worry me.The comparison charts from bosch do not specify the same pressure for the flow. Pumps seem to be flowing less at higher psi compared to higher readings at lower pressure.In actual fact the lower rated pump at higher pressure may well out flow the the higher rated pump at the same pressures.!!! In saying that the bosch is a darn good pump.
  22. Compression sounds good.It still doesnt discount bearing though.Also have yopu checked the belt tensioner in the engine bay?
  23. Mate ..does it make the tapping noise when you release the pedal? If not it is highly unlikely to be the big end bearing.Is there a knocking noise like a hammering ?If not it is not the main bearing. A damaged rod /bearing makes a knocking noise when you release the pedal .Accelerate and release the throttle...you will hear tap tap tap.This will be intermittent .If the car is stationary apply throttle will make the sound reappear again.Then release one spark plug at a time and repeat the test .When you dont hear knocking then you have found the damaged cylinder. Check the exhaust shield..the fan assembly ,the radiator bolts are tight and that any after market intake is not hitting the inside of your bonnet. Hope this helps Stav
  24. I wont say who sold it to me as I dont want to start trouble. However I will take a few shots tommorow if you want.
  25. Guys I never put the bosch in until today.I found the walbro only fed constant fuel for 12 seconds then flow fluctuated badly into a container . The relay was removed and constant power fed to the pump for testing. With the bosch the fuel just keeps flowing. The car is driving very good.. I have had very poor off idle acceleration and misfiring for around the past 4 months.As soon as I touch the accelerator now the car responds to even a light tap of the pedal.I am very very relieved after all this time. I
×
×
  • Create New...