-
Posts
259 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by useless
-
Guys.I would like to find something out.How does the ford fuel tank swirlpot maintain a full fuel level for the pump? ?Does it rely on the returned fuel bypassed from the regulator? Or does it somehow draw fuel from underneath the pot?
-
What Are Fuel Surge Symptoms ?
useless replied to useless's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
First of all I would like to thank jp300 for his assistance in the background..thanks mate. I ended up fixing this issue today.I had upgraded injectors and it seems that they needed 55 psi of fuel pressure to operate properly. All symptoms have dissapeared now so thanks all. Stav -
How do I know your cheque wont bounce?
-
The reason why I am aiming high is that I have learnt that when you aim low that you get there and realise that you could have done alot better.I learnt this the hard way with my current na ride. Everything had to be redone due to talk that this n that is just too much for a street car. I can say that I regret not doing what I really wanted to achieve in each car and having to redraw the lines. I wanted 4:11 diff gears.Everyone said that its too much for daily driving.I installed 3:73 then eventually went 4:11 they are the best gears even for freeway driving. I was laughed at 4 years ago when I mentioned hi stall converters but now alot of peopl;e are running them. It seems my old school knowledge is coming in handy So as you can see aim high to hit high. I don't know if this final project will see the street at all.It may just be too dangerous for that purpose.Maybe I will deregister the car in time and buy a trailer for it to go racing. It is very different to what other people do as I am a different individual. I know people love their phoons and xr6t's and that's great to see.However I love the wagon just as much and am setting out a plan for its future. When we see an ss commy or turbo this n that we all know that they are a performance vehicle. What I love is the look on their faces when the wagon stays glued to their doors.I like the element of surprise. Imagine a ford taxi wagon devouring a 10 second 400 killowatt typhooon or nissan gtr? It is going to be funny.
-
I have a dream just like the first guy who got 400rwkws did. Barry thanks you for the extra motivation and inspiration that will help make this dream eventuate into a reality. Unlike many I only need my own permission and approval to achieve what I want in life. I just wanted some ideas from people who really know what they are talking about and not some condascending talk.If you dont like what I am up to then be better or be quiet.
-
I see nothing wrong with a 700 or even a 600 rwkw AU wagon. I saw my first 400rwkw xr6t around 4 years ago.Yep the same old story..11 second 1/4 average and then what? Just like the next car.Nope not my path to do the norm..I want to set an unreasonably high goal and work towards it. FTG tsunami was an awesome little package but it seems that ford has forgotten the wagon lover daily driven all round super car. Anyway the idea is for 600 tp 700 daily driven rwkws and maybe a 5 to 7 year build up.
-
Guys can this be done? I do believe that this is doable. I just need a few ideas on how practical it will be and what do you think it would take. All negative comments please keep to yourselves. I am after some ideas. The car with a ported head pretty much is like the dohc six with less reciprocating weight.This is a good start
-
Congrats Paul that is a great time. Stav
-
14.527 @ 95.68mph Wsid Tonight Na Au Six Wagon Auto
useless replied to useless's topic in Track & Strip Racing
I had the car tuned but stuffed the tune by looking for a fuel problem.It does not feel as quick as it used to.The car has 4:11 diff ratio.They are not tuned in. The main problem is that It should be getting 2.0 60 footers. The lsd is single spinning and the auto shift 2nd to 3rd too long.The box is not the best. A low 14 or high 13 second pass is not that far away and quite possible once a few nigglies are sorted. You should have come and said gidday.Youre alright bloke.Thanks for the kind words all. -
14.527 @ 95.68mph Wsid Tonight Na Au Six Wagon Auto
useless replied to useless's topic in Track & Strip Racing
Thanks Paul.It was alot of fun:) -
I went out to wsid tonight.Not many fords at all. I got a surpirse though as I ran a 14.527 and then backed it up with a 14.557 95.73MPH. Unbelieveable. 3
-
http://www.wsid.com.au/default.asp?Page=Article&ID=658 What a surpise!! They put my car on the website ..10 seconds of fame!!
-
Attention All Walbro Pump Users
useless replied to gu4800's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I put mine back in a few weeks ago.It is quiet as a mouse.Only sometimes in the mornings does it whine a little on startup. -
I havent dealt with c&v so cannot say anything about them.Thye seem like nice blokes. I have had work done by Jim of CRD and think the bloke is alright.I dont have a turbo car but just a tune from them last time knocked .4 of a second off my 1/4 mile. I was very happy with them. I am going back for more tuning soon and hopefully pull an obscene pb. Ultimately its your decision where you go but I found them good. Stav
-
This is the most helpfull post .Thanks man.I believe that I have eliminated all of the axle hop and spring recoil now.the car just goes forward.So much enrgy was being absorbed into the springs.They are crap.But not any more.muahaha
-
I got a call from wsid about my reaction time.It seems that it jackpotted for about 4 weeks from memory
-
Your right mate. Truth is it was my lucky night ..as for Steve when he wins well good luck to the bloke. On the other hand reputations are just an opinion formed over time.They are superficial views built on perception.Very similar to what the Spartans did to the Persians at Thermopylae.Who cared about Persia's reputation? Not me.hehe
-
Nar.If it were that easy then the prize money wouldnt have jackpotted.
-
The track was very slippery.I recorded a 60 footer of around 2.9. I could of gotten out and walked a quicker 60 foot.
-
I dunno mate? I only go 2 to 3 times a year.They said I won,they said they'd give me cash and I asked no questions. Amotorbike got 0.0001 Some other car got .0002 Looking at that then It looks like it does measure the time. I put iit down to my past kung fu lessons when I was a kid. Hit them before they hit you.
-
From Wednesday night the next morning meant back to work so I havent had a chance to fix it yet.The main killer for traction was a bad tyre pressure gauge. I was literally doing the 1/4 mile with flat tyres and didnt know until the end.I corrected the tyre pressures with someone elses gauge and headed towards a pb.the only problem was that the timing board did not work for 1000 footer or 1/4 mile.660 footer and mph indicated a 14.4 to 14.5 was going to happen but that's racing.
-
That is a very very good point.Using the hanbrake to stall the car would have the back springs preloaded to launch.In effect it should launch faster.that's a good idea I like that.By the next time out I will get better brakes for the rear and give it a go.
-
I definately saw it but only after I heard that thing!!!Very nice!! Yer 960 big ones.I fess up.Master g ran up with a few of the b series guys and wade lowride.I wasnt sure what I did... It was a pleasant surprise. For a bloke that hasnt even won a chook raffle I am a happy chappy.
-
I dont have the fastest car being an au six wagon without turbo..nope.Last night I got called up for winning the quickest reaction time on the night. Reaction time was 0.000 The prize was quite a bit of cash. I was shocked.Looked at the envelope till 2 am until I opened it...heheh
-
The brakes were another issue.My hi stall converter could not be loaded up correctly as my new brakes are bendix fibre pads.I used to have metal pads which allowed me to stall harder. The car was moving forward before lighting up the tyres on several occasions.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.