unclewal
Legacy Donating Member-
Posts
583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by unclewal
-
Your kit should come with instructions, but the answer is yes, you need to drill depending on the kit, I had to drill 3 holes from memory. The power leads connected to to the starter and bridge across to the fuse box, via cables supplied with your preffered kit.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
twin 2.5" system, zero drone at all, if you are in sydney happy to take you for a spin in my ute and show you the sound.
-
for the ute it was $1210 +$30 delivery from Harrop, then $300 to get it fitted.
-
I bought mine from Harrop, would not have any other diff in my ute !
-
^^ what he said^^ Mushroom plug I have done a track day on and zero problems.
-
This does not look legit Garret to me, little bit of advice, ring MTQ or Procharge in VIC and get a genuine turbo that has warranty rather than this cheap sh1t
-
I am holding 450KW but I reckon once you get to 500kw you are asking a hell of a lot out of something that's not rated to that. I would be upgrading it early, sell the 3+ off and recoup some money, rather than thrashing it to point it wont be good to anyone then spending money again.
-
+1 for truetrac, had one in my Ute for just over a year and it's great heaps more traction and much more predictable than factory. Don't buy another lsd till you been in a car with a truetrac brilliant bit of gear!
-
Great news Joe, welcome to the MW3+ family, I am contemplating the short shifter, might ask for it for the birthday from the missus, how much does it cut down the distance the shifter travels?
-
Mate I need to wait till next month (15th) for pay day , but then I will be after some, I will drop you a line when I need it if that's cool?
-
also if you only plan to run such low boost why not just buy an FG short motor and be done with it for $2600, slap your head on and away you go, not sure why you would spend so much money on good gear and then run such small boost and power out of it. Just my 2c, if I had those go fast bits in my engine I would be aiming for high 400KW range.
-
Sydney North West
-
Where from?
-
17inch pirelli's, backed it off to 26psi and it hooked up just fine
-
Shouldn't be starved of fuel I have surge twin pumps and pw rail. Only way to tell would be dyno time I guess. Gonna change the plugs and go from there. The hand brake was so I don't have to screw with brake pedal and not go over the line
-
Mate was perfect, zero slip good burnouts plenty of revs, did a few soft take off's but it held up to foot flat to the floor for 5 passes.
-
The box was a bit clunky into second, always has been.I am making 455kw at the wheels on E85, I had 55psi in the tyres on the first run, forgot to take road pressure out of them.... I didnt want to rip it too hard to get it to skid in second, will give it a shot next time and hope not to stall it, the drive shaft is still stock.
-
No laughing at the missed shift from 2nd to third.....
-
. 9 from memory bkr6ex standard gap
-
Finally got my Ute to the track yesterday got 5 runs in total with the hottest one starting at 38 degrees and getting cooler as the night ran on, unfortunately I left my tyre pressure up high and it skated in 3rd and 4th at the top of the track. I managed on the 4th run a best of 12.76 @121Mph, just couldn't get the launch right and kept bogging of the start. My main concern was the strength of my driveshaft and trying not to break it. Something odd on the night was it felt like it was hitting the limiter in 4th gear. I managed to watch the tacho and it appears only in 4th gear at 5300+ the car started to miss/rev limit. Now I know that rev limit is set to 6200 so its not the limiter its hitting. I am suspect its blowing the spark out, but not sure why it would do it in 4th gear and not the other three unless its load based in which case 190km/h worth of wind might do that. I am going to pull the plugs tonight and see if there is anything built up or if they are burnt etc. I dont think its running out of fuel I have a surge and 2 x 044's and PW fuel rail, just odd I thought it was hitting the limiter when it wasnt. Either way a good experience on the track and might come back again in Feb for another go, either that or take my bike and try and run a 10. I have 3 videos of my first, best and last run taken from my go pro I will post up when I get home.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.