Goliath
Member-
Posts
383 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Goliath
-
Help Installing Headlights In My G6E
Goliath replied to Zachcrum's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
Trying to remember how I took off my grill. Once you removed the top plugs on the grill, you should be able to slide you hand behind the grill and push the tabs at the bottom one by one, that hold it to the bar. It is a fairly easy process to take the bar on and off, just make sure you keen track of what you take off. -
Spotted a Red FG F6 on Pennant Hills Road, Carlingford this morning. Plates I think were CIT-54Z
-
Mine looks like it's slipping as well. If I'm in 3rd gear going up to 2k RPM it suddently drops to about 1400-1500rpm, But if I'm over 2K it pulls fine. Classic slippage? Not to familiar with the auto's
-
Generally you want minimum 24hrs rest between body parts, ideally 36-48hours. I find, if I'm a little tender hitting another body party, after the first few warm up strips the tenderness has either decreased or gone. Also depends on your intensity, your probably not going to want to go heavy twice in a row on the same body part, especially if there is not much rest between sessions.
- 5,613 replies
-
My New Fg Xr 6 Turbo Strait From The Dealer To The Dyno
Goliath replied to flickinmic's topic in General Tech
This a video? What page? -
DOMS has no correlation to a good workout. Dont be discouraged if you don't feel sore after every session. You will find, you will feel sore the most, the first few weeks starting to get back in to training. If you feel you are plateauing, change your routine up, should be done every 6-8 weeks anyway.
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Crossfit is a joke! Teaching people how to cheat exercises for the sake of numbers. Would rather watch someone doing half reps. GL with you injury and arthritis goals.
- 5,613 replies
-
Haven't driven my car to hard with the swaybars in, but the front is way tighter. There was quite a bit of roll with the standard front swaybar in, so happy that most of that is gone.
-
Yep, definitely sounds like me going home. What were you driving? I normally keep my eye out for other T's.
-
They look great with the silver.
-
After the first 2 weeks you'll probably be fine to stand around as most the swelling would have stopped by then.
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Process West Stage 2 Intercooler
Goliath replied to jacobmitchell92's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
Think Adam might have some gear? -
Let us know how it goes/looks!
-
Did deadlifts for the the 1st time in roughly 4 months yesterday, kept it all fairly light in my standards. Worked it up from 60/80/90/100/100/100/80kg. No discomfort at all except in my lower back! Definitely do not miss trying to find a comfortable spot to rest after a few sets of deads! Felt like I could have easily repped 140kg out. It's a far cry from warming up on 100kg and finishing 200kg+ haha. What you guys think, should be back in PB territory by Xmas? Oh and they don't have to be "skins", any decent compression gear will do, mines BSC in fact. Stopping the blood pooling will help with getting your range back heaps. 2 weeks post-op I was 105 degrees bend (should see between 80-90) and was 120+ after 4 weeks. It will also help stop some of the discomfort in your knee. I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your leg elevated as much as possible. My brothers girlfriend did her ACL 2 weeks after me snow boarding, she was very lazy with the rehab and as a result had very poor range after 4 weeks, but since has recovered quite well. The main issue with the hamstring graft will be the getting up and down, so moving on to benches could be an issue. After 4 weeks, you should be pretty comfortable moving up and down. Just need to be careful what you do and keep it all pain free! Also I'm not 100% sure you will need to hire one of those machines If you have the disposal cash at home, then by all means, it's just that it is not going to increase your recovery rate that much considering it's a 9 month turn around post-op. But if you keep the compression on plus icing as often as possible, you will be fine. What kind of work you do btw? After my first knee reco I changed from PT to a desk job haha, I was off work for 1 week after the op, setup a chair to keep my leg elevated and ran in to no issues.
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
First reco had the hamstring graft, can't remember how long before I was working on it in the gym. Wouldn't have been much longer than 6-8 weeks post-op (like a grade 2 tear). Did light ankle weight hamstring curls in physio from memory, along with some other stuff I can't quite remember. Second time around was patella tendon graft and I was back in the gym in two weeks with tendonosis being the only issue. Didn't hire a CPM and ice machine, but did wear full leg skins for the first week/week and a half with ice and elevation + physio twice a week for about 5-6 weeks with the CPM. I recommend wearing skins to help negate the blood pooling in your legs, massive difference to the first time round and it wasn't a pleasant experience getting that massaged out.
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
A lot of it is in your head. Especially coming back from knee injuries, it's always hard getting your confidence back. And the other half comes down to how well you stick to your rehab. My rehab the second time around for my knee reco went a lot smoother and I progressed ahead of schedule because of it.
- 5,613 replies
-
I wouldn't think it would have much impact on a stock system? Would probably have more of an effect on the sound as the flow is restricted in the bends. I'm sure someone else can clarify this though.
-
Process West Stage 2 Intercooler
Goliath replied to jacobmitchell92's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I bought my PW Stage 2 kit second hand, only thing I have done to it is polish it! Have had no problems, but always be cautious buying 2nd hand. -
Probably personal preference. If it's to loud for your liking/not happy with the sound, get one put in.
-
Best Bov To Create Loud Flutter Dose
Goliath replied to JMJR10's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I didn't remove the vac line, just plugged it up. -
Process West Stage 2 Intercooler
Goliath replied to jacobmitchell92's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
There is cutting with the stage 2 PW kit. -
You should check out Smolov Squat training if you think I'm over doing it!! haha. As I said, I'm not pushing as heavy as before due to the tendinitis, and I only really suffered doms when squatting heavy, not with the complementary lifts. Generally my legs are good to go after 2 days. First day is usually fine, then the pain sets in on day 2, day 3 still some soreness, but after a set or two this goes away. Also, one thing I learnt, don't gauge your workout by how sore your muscles are! I use to convince myself I hadn't worked hard enough if I wasn't sore, this is not the case!
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
I don't want to have to get a retune with the dump and cat though. I'm happy with my current tune/power and have upgraded the cat already. Plus if I go turbo back, I'll end up porting the turbo, upgrading the actuator, retuning etc. I'm trying to keep it relatively cheap without needing to do anything else to the car.
-
Training legs 3 times a week now! They've had enough rest since the knee reco! haha. Unfortunately still can't squat due to residual tendinitis from using the patella tendon as the graft (used the hammy the first time, same leg). Just doing increased sets and reps and weight is starting to increase, but still a fair bit away from where I was before the injury. This is my current split Mon - Legs/Core Tues - Chest/Tri's Weds - Back/Bi's Thurs - Legs/Core Fri - Shoulders/Arms Sat - Legs/Core Sun - Back/Bi's Have had no issues with recovery as the split has allowed plenty of time for that. Also I interchange between heavy and light sessions when hitting another body part again.
- 5,613 replies
-
- 2
-
-
Nice result mate!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.