Goliath
Member-
Posts
383 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Goliath
-
Haven't gone heavy on deads for a while, but it was atleast 230kg 1RM, but at it's peak was 250kg 1RM. Won't get a chance to try it this week as I'm off to NZ, but I'm not to confident that it has grown much, which is why I plan to up the back sessions.
- 5,613 replies
-
I'm fairly short 5'8 @ 113kg. Been in the gym for 10 years now, but a lot of my size has come from playing rugby all my life and at quite a high level in my junior years. Have probably only been seriously dedicated in the gym the last 4-5 years. Has helped having various serious training partners throughout the years to help push me, as well as a lot of friends who have competed in bodybuilding comps. Ideally would like to walk around between 95-100kg. While these numbers sound impressive, they are more wank factor than anything, although I am contemplating trying some powerlifting comps. FYI I have never touched gear and don't ever intend to, I'm a big enough human as it is Also the second knee reco I had in August last year really pushed me to get back in the gym as quick as possible and get my strength back, which is now increased from before surgery.
- 5,613 replies
-
Cheers guys, just need to drop the fat!! Definitely getting a more intense workout doing GVT and do minimum 30minutes cardio after (plus cardio and core session on sundays). If you are trying to predict you 1RM, start with a weight which you know you can do less than 10reps, doing more than that tends to be less accurate for calculators. I stick to this for my 1RM calculator http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html which also shows percentages of your 1RM. Please ensure you have a spotter. Added a couple pics, blurred the face out because the internet is scary.
- 5,613 replies
-
Had a strong week on legs last week. Been doing the GVT for a while now and have moved the box squats to 120kg (10x10). Then for the second session went heavy and managed 190x10 (after going 80x10, 110x10, 140x10, 170x10). Needless to say I was speechless. Had a spotter with me, but didn't need his help. That takes the box squat to about a 250kg 1RM, which is just mind boggling to me. Going to start upping the back sessions now as my deads have started to lack a little. Hopefully reach a goal lift of 280kg. Will have to do a heavy session first to assess what my strength is currently at and then gauge how long it will take to hit my goal. Bench seems to be going alright, currently going GVT @ 90kg. Did a heavy session a few weeks back and went 140x8 (last rep slightly assisted).
- 5,613 replies
-
Spotted a red GT R Spec on Saturday out Winston Hills way. Was on a bucks bus in to the city, no one seemed to appreciate what the car was but me haha.
-
$4k-$5k is probably what you would spend for "reliable" 300-320rwkw.
-
So you deleted the centre and rear muffler? Way to loud.
- 25 replies
-
hmm thanks, but this has already been dealt with if you read above.
-
Seeing XR6T's everywhere now! White BA? XR6T, black/carbon V8 bonnet, tinted tail lights, nice sounding exhaust, blocked off/removed BOV. Plates MR7SIN
-
Your forearms need more conditioning, using straps is not going to help this. IMO lift as much as you can with double overhand grip, when that starts to fail, switch to over/under, then move to straps. There's no real need to use straps unless you are going 1-3 reps IMO. Stick it out!
- 5,613 replies
-
Spotted A black/silhouette FG XR6 (T?) with red mirrors, red hood bezel? and custom plates WYD on Carlingford Rd > Epping Rd.
-
Still not sure I could wrap my head around the styling of it. Had a quick look at the wiki pages and prices on carsales though.
-
Getting A Nicer / Slightly Louder Note. Muffler Change Or Remove?
Goliath replied to Z2TT's topic in Exhaust Workshop
catback is fine. Turbo back will need retuning. -
Don't worry about the muscle soreness after a workout. You can take things like ZMA to help I believe and I'm certain there are other supplements (but wouldn't spend the cash to be honest). The muscles will only be sore for a couple days, in which you would have given them enough rest to hit them again. You will find after a while your body will adapt and get as sore after time as well. Also with the flies, try and squeeze your elbows at the end, you will it in your chest more.
- 5,613 replies
-
I feel like I have made to much fun out of the Protons haha. Think they are fairly over styled for what they are as well. Cheers Tab.
-
Getting A Nicer / Slightly Louder Note. Muffler Change Or Remove?
Goliath replied to Z2TT's topic in Exhaust Workshop
DO NOT REMOVE THE CENTRE MUFFLER. Had mine put back in, sounded so much better stock. Not sure about changing the muffler with a resonator though? -
Spotted a black (BF I think) XR6T going down my street this morning due to an annoying road detour. Plates were something like BTC42S
-
FYI ended up getting suspension reduced to 1 month, which was probably the best I could have hoped for. Don't think having a lawyer would have made any difference. Basically pleaded my case and just agreed with what the judge had to say to me and handed in my reference which I think helped a lot. I also think it did help that there were some ungrateful and rude people before me with some truly shocking records and offences. Had planned to sell my car in a few months or so, but think I will try and get rid of it whilst I'm suspended as I'm heading to NZ end of next month and then Thailand for a family wedding/holiday in April/May and the extra cash would be nice, as well as getting some saving towards a place. Open to suggestions on about $5k to $7.5k for the next car (manual, fairly fuel efficient, little bit of go, not to exp on insurance). Having coming from a N15 SSS, I'm leaning towards another hot hatch type of vehicle. Thanks to all who gave advice.
-
You mean Optimum Nutrition? If so, you can't go wrong with it.
- 5,613 replies
-
You sure 1MR is banned? I know Jack3d was the first to go, but thought 1MR was still around.
- 5,613 replies
-
Yeah, think a darker colour would help suit the theme of the car. Get the black lip back on the boot!! haha
-
Definitely an intense workout, haven't sweat so much in a workout. I have been cheating slightly with 2 warm up sets included in the 10. Can't really comment on the effectiveness of it as I have only just started. Hit's my glutes and lower back the worst. Stiff leg deads will attack your hammies more if your after that. Tried a few PWO samples from the local supp shop, ended up getting the Cellulor C4. First couple of weeks were great, but my body adapts to PWO's quite quickly and made some PB's instantly on the first 3 workouts. Had a couple bad crashes after cardio.though. Will be giving Craze a go next, heard some good things. DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, so just the muscle soreness/fatigue you feel after working out.
- 5,613 replies
-
Spotted a white FG XR6T, custom plates XR60TO at Carlo court shops.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.