-
Posts
270 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Anchor
-
Should start a steep driveway thread... I'd be in for a shot.. I'll try find my flex pics haha. I have no paint left on front bar, and rhs of the rear bar. Also, my exhaust scrapes on the left curve at the top of the driveway..
-
I know prodyno have done a few. If you want one done you can't go past brad, he used to run rocky manual gearbox and differential. I was talking to him last week about it. Said its better to use a kaaz lsd than rebuild the standard.
-
Ex Police Chasers .....Are They Tuned Up?
Anchor replied to fpr000's topic in General Automotive Talk
They are stock mate. One of them is a good friend, went on the dyno after doing 400km. Went on again last week and made the same power. Rocky is a small town. They both still come into work for warranty and servicing. -
Yeah, but its legal.... According to Queensland Transport and a number of exhaust shops. Most of them don't like doing it though for some reason. I'll be down for powercruise so you can check it out then Hiro :D As for defects, I'm on 1pt good behaviour for another 340ish days.. So much for staying under the radar... Also, keep in mind this won't be visble out the side.. May even have a dummy xr6 non turbo tip out the back... Ute goes in to get resprayed and de-badged on the 5th so this could all work out pretty well... Hmmm Pity I just ordered the V3 kit all polished haha.
-
So, my ute is too low to fit the generic X-Force 4" dump with 3.5" system. Won't go over the diff properly. So I've come to a solution. And I like being different/difficult. After buying the following parts from Chris @ Rapidsystems (should be here monday) we'll be making a custom system up. X-Force 4" dump X-Force Hiflow cat 1x ???? 3.5" hiflow muffler 2x 180deg Mandrel 3.5" bends 2x 45deg Mandrel 3.5" bends After going through the modification guide a few times, taking a visit into QT and talking to a mechanic who does mod plates I've decided to go towards the diff as usual, then go up over the rhs chassis rail and dump between rail and sideskirt. Basically in behind the XR6 badge. Of course not at a degree more than 45 and less than 15 as per rules. Being a ute, it will be far enough back, and out to the RHS and not past the outside of the car. Only going for around 350rwkw. Standard BA bottom end is the holdup. Have all the other supporting mods either on the car or in freight. Has anybody done anything like this before? How do you guys think I'll go with the local police boys? Legal doesn't mean anything to them, if they don't like it, they'll defect it.. Any tips? See page 4. Exhaust. Queensland Transport Modifications Guide I'll update this with pics as it gets done. Cheers Jeri
-
Anyone going to the Rocky Motorshow? 18th july weekend. If all goes to plan my ute will be with brads XY under the ProDyno banner. Going in to get resprayed on the 5th.. Hopefully fit the exhaust before, the rapid V3 kit while its at the painter and tune it in the 3 days after it gets out of paint before the show...
-
Ecoboost will be good. 4cyl turbo XT falcons. Everyone is saying they won't be able to compete with the V6 Late model camira market... But look at what the I6T has done to the V8 market...
-
Yeah understandable. Even the FPV rep is keeping tight lipped about these sc v8's. But like you, he's hinting at awesomeness... Although I'm sick of cashed up bogans coming in and asking about it haha. "oh we heard on the internet there's going to be a GTHO" *facepalm*
-
Lol it was worth a shot.
-
Can we get a reason on why they've released the cab chassis and the 6m falcon xr utes. And the 6A XR's are still in final assembly after a month?
-
Yeah, I guess I'll throw some rods and pistons in this after I finish the pigma. It's too easy to get power out of these, not really a challenge.. My main project is 600rwhp out of a 4g63 stroker in a GH sigma.. Ute is just a daily. Already gone 340rwhp @ 16psi with a SOHC head. Going DOHC.
-
Eh, fuel pump has died once already haha. One of the zipties holding the power wire to the firewall broke somehow and the wire got to the dump. Fuse went. Pump stopped. Car just acted like it was hitting boost cut.
-
Went 303rwkw at a dyno day on the weekend. No change to the tune. I get one free tune @ prodyno so I'm going a rapid V3 kit at the same time as the exhaust.. May as well do it properly. Whats the 'safe' limit for these BA bottom ends? 360rwkw? I'll have all the supporting mods except the plenum.
-
Ex Police Chasers .....Are They Tuned Up?
Anchor replied to fpr000's topic in General Automotive Talk
They are stock apart from the police option packs. Your ford spare parts man can tell you what options your car came with new if you give him your VIN. Though you can get lucky.. There's a dead stock 09 F6 up here running 418rwhp. 16psi factory tune. And a early 09 XR6T that's running 13psi stock for a healthy 355rwhp on 10.5 afr's. Both come to work for servicing, neither have been played with. Both salesman pointed out at time of sale that they could tell something was up with the power. -
Can't remember if you were still running the factory crossover?
-
Brad what you running on the intake side of things?? What kit/cooler?
-
Yeah, I won't know what just the exhaust does. Going with a rapid v3 kit at the same time. I get one free tune since mine is all sorts of screwed up after mucking around with it without the dyno. So I may as well make good use of it.. :D
-
Sounds awesome matt! I just bought an exhaust. Xforce 4" dump, 3.5" xforce cat, 3.5" hiflow muffler and a bunch of 3.5" mandrel bends. Shooting it out before the drivers rear wheel.... Too low to go over the diff. Also got the 14psi actuator. All from chris @ rapid. Cheap as! Need a cooler though, I'll be pushing the monza to its limit.. Anyone know of anything in the area?? Obviously better than a monza/wog/f6 cooler. Once I get that sorted I be hoping for 470ish rwhp.. And yep, doing the dyno day at Buddy's motorama and the motormania one in july. Got in both for $77. Motorama is the big show thingy next weekend to do with the meguiars superstars stuff.
-
So today I ordered a actuator, 4" dump, hiflow cat, hiflow muffler and some mandrel bends. Gunna shoot it out the side infront of the right rear wheel. Too low to go over the diff. Hopefully get a bit more power :D Thanks to chris @ rapid for all the stuff.
-
Pitty your supplier ran outta ranger cruise control haha. Any eta on them? Sick of customers asking when they are getting their cruise fitted.
-
My 9.5 rears are 38? offset with 15mm bolt on hubcentric adapters. With a 255/35/18 on them. Rim sits kinda even with the guard, tyre goes under. Just doesn't scrub on the left. I have a sh*tload of clearance on the inside of the rims and my ute is pretty much on the bump stops. Also got a big rear swaybar, don't know if that has any effect on scrubbage.
-
Yeah that's an awesome feature, your left side will sit closer to the guards.. I have 18x9.5's on the back with some serious offset. Had to stretch 255's over them so I didn't scrub and pop the fuel cap open on every bump. You shoulda went 9.5's on the front
-
Went out for the first time, only got 2 runs... sh*tty 17's with no travel in the ass end (set up for sliding) 15.4 @ 93mph (Smoked through to 4th) 14.8 @ 104mph (Crawled off the line and booted it in 3rd) 301rwkw 6sp manual ute. NPC custom button clutch. Very safe fat tune.. Std exhaust. Got some ET streets now to help me seeing as I have no suspension travel. Hopefully get low 13's, high 12's. What do you guys think? My ute makes 15psi on a cold nite down low, then drops to 12ish. If I can change before it drops, this will effectivly keep it making 15psi when its under load lower in the rev range? Here's a link to the 14.8 Massive oil down killed the night. Smoke is mine :D
-
Looks like a nice buy! Re freight - trucks usually go once or twice a week, and 90% of the time, the first 2 trucks are booked out.. Hence them saying 'first available'. To all you guys going on about not being served and being judged by looks there is always 2 sides. Not being served - sometimes we don't look busy but we're running around with our heads cut off for a customer 200km out of town getting trade prices while making sure our sale sitting in the finance office isn't going to walk without signing a contract etc. As for being pre-judged, that's just f*cked. I never judge someone by looks. Most of the FPV's I've sold have been to farmers and young blokes. Funny actually, the 2 FPV deals that have fallen over on me were both 'highrollers'. One rocked up in a hummer and suit, failed hardcore on finance. Lol. Anyway, sounds like you had a hard time man. Hope its all worth it!
-
It's running bugger all timing. And just found out the cooler is a little bigger than an F6 one? Monza? We took out 2deg across the board to be safe cause I don't want it pinging and it still made 399.9 hp
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.