Jump to content

Panda

Member
  • Posts

    225
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Panda

  1. Hey Everybody, I have a 2008 FG XR6 Turbo with 98xxx km on the it. It has had a niggling little oil leak from the rear of the engine for a few years, mechanic said it looks like the Rear Main Seal. Haven't done anything about it because it was not too bad, but recently it has become bad, so I will have to bite the bullet and get it fixed. While they are doing this work, are there any other gaskets / seals / o-rings that I should have changed to save myself some hassle (and $$$) in the future? I just figure that since most of the time and cost is from taking the engine out and putting it back in, I'll give it a birthday while it is out. Thanks, Panda
  2. Yeah, wouldn't that be nice......mods instead of mortgage!!
  3. Happy Birthday Panda!

  4. These are indeed old technology, and it will reduce the ICC visibility, and it will show reflection, but for $150-ish I reckon they are a steal! I would reccomend them for the price. If you want better you should expect to pay more for it (and good luck finding them by the way). Panda
  5. Panda

    Digital Slr's

    It was a toss-up for me between a Pentax and a Cannon EOS. The only reason I went for the Pentax was that it used AA batteries (which I had heaps of rechargables), and it used an SD card (which I have heaps of) If the Cannon had these little things I would have gone that way. They're certainly hard to beat in the Bang For Your Bucks stakes. Panda
  6. I've been playing around with my carputer and I thought I might post up some pics. I was never really happy with my first effort at building the case, it did the job but looked cheap. (hell, it was cheap) I have made a new case, similar but better. This one is slightly higher (120mm instead of 80mm) because I figure there is no point saving space above the carputer, you can't put anything on top of it anyway. This allows me to use a bigger fan 120mm instead of 80mm (106CFM as opposed to 65CFM) and it also means that I don't have to limit myself to low profile PCI cards now. Please bear in mind, this is just a mock up - I know it needs cleaning up. Empty Case Case with M/B Case with M/B and fan Case with M/B, fan and PCI cards Case with M/B, fan, PCI cards and HDD Case with M/B, fan, PCI cards, HDD and DVD I wasn't going to have a DVD, but for the sake of ease I decided to put one in, plus I found it cheap on eBay. (only $10 + $6.80 postage - bargain) This is how I was going to have it before getting the DVD Anyway, this is the finished product from the top. There's a bit of room on the top right corner, I might stick another 120mm fan in there. That's it for now, but I'm sure this will change again soon. Panda
  7. Nope, a couple of years back, there were 10,000 american armed forces in the Central QLD area (not just Gladstone)I also heard a story that the hospital ran out of antibiotics for the clap, but I'm not sure on that one. Definate on the hookers though. Panda
  8. A mate is a Real Estate agent. He leased an apartment to a couple of 'working girls' from Brisbane while an excercise was on in Gladstone. The Brisbane girls had to break their lease early and go home because the local girls were giving it away for free. What a reputation Glasdstone has. Panda
  9. Good to see it's all come together Panda
  10. Panda

    New Toy

    Definately collective pitch! Don't bother with Li-Po batterys, there is no doubt they are better, but they don't like heavy landings (and you will have some when learning) Brushless motor will give you a bit more power, and will last longer Panda
  11. Panda

    New Toy

    Hell yes. I liken it to learning how to run before you learn how to walk. The hovering is probably the hardest skill to master (excluding 3D flight), but in order for you to fly it at all, you must first learn to hover. I spent a long time learning to hover, take off and land. When I mastered that I moved onto forward flight and found it was a piece of p*ss. My biggest drama at the moment is the direction the heli is travelling. With the tail towards me I can fly with no dramas, but when the tail is away from me I keep forgetting that everything I need to do on the controls is reversed. Had a lot of close calls. (Oh, and speaking of close calls - always check the switch positions before plugging the battery in. I've got some nasty scars from overlooking this) Panda
  12. Yeah, just don't park your car in the carpark out front. Been a couple bit empty stubbies thrown at them Panda
  13. Panda

    New Toy

    I had considered buying one of the bigger petrol helis, but decided against it because I figured it was just too expensive to learn on. I ended up getting a Dragonfly 36 with collective pitch, brushless motor and Li-Po battery. Like this Time has shown that I made a good decision, I have broken and replaced - countless blades 1 motor (cheapo stock motor) 2 batteries (Li-Po's don't like heavy crashes) rear rotor blades the whole chassis both landing skids canopy plus various bearings, and connecting rods It's great fun though and it's about the only thing that I can do which is actually a challenge. It does take a long time though, a very long time. It reminds me of when I was learning to drive, I thought that I would never be able to change gears easily, but my old man said that with experience you will be able to do it without thinking about it. The same applies to flying, I thought I would never be able to hover, but now I can do it without thinking. Actually, I might go and have a fly right now. Panda
  14. I am very interested in a touchscreen overlay. Could you please let us all know the definate prices when you know?Thanks, Panda
  15. Yeah, don't know what the deal is with the link, but my TV Tuner is definately a DVB-T tuner.Panda
  16. Yep, digital TVPanda
  17. Beauty, I'll give it a goPanda
  18. I have changed the Auto-On Circuit on my carputer. Instead of having an external box like this - I have made it on a PCB Board - and slid it into a spare PCI slot - I've also made up a simple relay so that instead of switching the ICC via a manual button in the front, it the carputer is running, the ICC switches. I'm getting lazy I guess. Panda
  19. Bugger
  20. OBD with the included software displaying on the ICC is the plan You obviously have a far better knowledge of this stuff than I do - I have no idea what you just said! Yep, I have had a look at them. I am contemplating changing jobs soon, and I might have to give up the Turbo (Novated Lease). If I do then I will have to get an aftermarket TFT screen, most likley with touchscreen included. That is the reason I have held off on getting the touch screen overlay As in the above post, I will wait and see how Goobs's antenna goesPanda
  21. I haven't actually bought mine yet - been too busy building carputers for other people to work on mine Let us know how it goes Panda
  22. I don't know about that, there's a lot of others who have done this way before me - ShockF6 and Bob^ to name a few off the top of my head. Not to mention just about everybody on the MP3Car Forums It's not a race, it's a journey (yeah right) Can't wait, it's great to know how others work around similar problems.Panda
  23. Thanks
  24. Thanks for that. I suppose what I will have to do is just buy it, and if it doesn't do the job I'll add it to the pile of stuff that is growing in my shed. I'll have to have a cleanout one day Panda
  25. any luck??
×
×
  • Create New...