Jump to content

dutchie

Member
  • Posts

    391
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dutchie

  1. I also like MsAly's suggestion.............photo Shoot in Wonthaggi local paper sounds like it would be a big hit for the town........... Count me in anytime after 22nd June when I hopefully get my Blueprint baby...... dutchie
  2. Am I right in saying that for the northern states its known as Wollies and down south its Safeway?? thanks dutchie
  3. Thanks Trent, I did read previously that Ute tend to drink a bit more than the sedan........is this your understanding??? dutchie
  4. Thanks for your quick response.......Optimax, that's the Shell Premium? cheers dutchie
  5. Hi All, Just wondering that down in Melbourne, discount vouchers of 4 cents per litre is offered if you shopw and spend more than $30 at Safeway. What I was wondering was who supplies Safeway with their petrol Ie Mobil/Shell etc and how good is their Premium if they sell it? Anyway care to comment? thanks dutchie June 2004 XR6T Sedan, Blueprint, SSS, Electric Sunroof, Premium Sound, Portable Garmin 60C Color Sat Nav, Tinted Windows, Alarm, Towpack, XR Scuffs, Rear Windscreen Sun Shade, FPV Sports Jacket, Wheel Locknuts, XR Mats, Foglight Covers.
  6. WOO HOOO I should have my car by then, apparently around the 22nd June......... Has anyone given mutch thought about Mornington/Sorrento/Rosebud or even Cowes....... Especially parking 20 or so XR6/XR6T should raise a few eyebrows on the main drag? This would also perhaps suit a few who live on the other side of melbourne to come join the ride. Wils Prom is a bit far for some.....For me its alright as I live in Langwarrin (picture a traingle between Frankston, Mt Eliza and then Langwarrin). What do you all think? dutchie June 2004 XR6T Sedan, Blueprint, SSS, Electric Sunroof, Premium Sound, Portable Garmin 60C Color Sat Nav, Tinted Windows, Alarm, Towpack, XR Scuffs, Rear Windscreen Sun Shade, Turbo logo on front 1/4 panels, FPV Sports Jacket, Wheel Locknuts, XR Mats, Foglight Covers.
  7. Well I'm really jealous now.......I ordered mine on 3rd April and was told today that I wont have mine for at least 2-3 weeks yet?? and I live in Melbourne//!! Go figure....... Apparently, because mine is optioned with the sunroof, this itself adds nearly another week to it at FPV...... Ohh well, nearly there.........ir just would have been nice to have had it for the Queen Bthday long weekend on 14 June.......seems it wont be ready until the week after..... Praying hard..... Congrats all.......enjoy...... dutchie XR6T Sedan, Blueprint, SSS, Premium Sound, Sunroof, Color Portable Garmin 60C Sat Nav, Tinted Windows, Alarm, Rear Window Sunshade, XR Plates, Turbos badging on front side panels, Towpack, FPV Sports Jacket, XR Mats, Fog Light Protectors
  8. Count me in but it would have to be end of June.......Hope to have the beast by then as well...... A Sunday afternoon (lunch) would be great with a childrens playground..... I live in the Peninsula and there are some great hotels here especially Mornington. Imagine 20 or so RX6's and T's all parked on the main drag.......bound to get people looking. and commenting. The Harley Clubs do this somtimes and total strangers walk up to them and chat...must be a real buzz....... What do you guys think? dutchie
  9. Sounds and looks like everyone had a great time............ Very jealous.........ohhh well, hopefully around 4 weeks to go before I finally have mine. Smile is slowly appearing.......... thanks for the great pics too...... dutchie
  10. Thanks Mondie...... Unfortunately, I am going out with the wife and kids tomorrow to Mornington.... besides, as much as I would enjoy talking to all you guys, I would be very sad not to be driving my own if you know what I mean....... dutchie
  11. thanks guys for your quick response........... As for shopping around........I contacted and visited 4 dealers and the best deal I got was nearly $6K off the RRP with a $300 FPV Jacket thrown in....So I wont be cancelling my order too quickly......and it was not a fleet purchase!!!! All up I paid $49500 for Blueprint, SSS, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Towpack, XR Mats, Locknuts, Sunshade Spoiler. Will add seperate alarm and Tint on the day of handover.
  12. Or are they a waste of money?? Thinking about it.......... dutchie
  13. I know you guys are driving around this weekend.........and I still dont have my car, but when is your next trip? Keen to meet other members.........(once I get my T) dutchie
  14. Hustler, I dont mean to be smart but I would suggest Italaina Olive Oil....... Its good for the excessive weight on the XR6T......maybe after a few months of the stuff it might go faster......... Sorry, I just could not resist this time........ dutchie
  15. Just reconfirmed with Ford today that my XR6T with Premium Sound, SSS, Sunroof and Towpack will be further delayed. Not happy Jan......... Especially when I ordered it back on 3rd April and was told around 3 or 4 weeks. Now I'll be lucky to have it around my birthday on 6th July (turning 38) Severly pissed off..........!!!!!!! Apparently its not even in production until 26th May....... Does anyone know how long production takes and then how long it takes Ford to get the car ready? cheers dutchie
  16. dutchie

    Karma

    See, even God barrick's for XR6T
  17. dutchie

    Karma

    And rightfully deserved too
  18. I vote to being a club............it makes it more formal as long as we keep the rules simple.........Being a club is not just about money or anything like that...... If its about keeping the site online and the costs associated with it, I'm sure Ford could chip in a few hundred dollars and if not, sell T-Shirts for around $25 (as long as they cost around $15 to produce. I dont believe its that hard difficult in running a club as long as you keep it simple. Even sharing the tasks around to reps in each state should simplify matters. Guys, I dont even have my XR6T yet until end of June (Ford phoned yesterday and confirmed this, but I have been a member of the site for over 2 months. I log on any time I can get, and really enjoy the site. It would be great to have a club to belong to where everyone enjoys their precious XR6T. By the way, what does N/A stand for........I noticed in several discussions....... cheers dutchie
  19. I order my XR6T exactly 4 weeks ago and this time Ford phoned me to tell me that it wont even start the build until end of the month and should be ready by end of June 2004. I then phoned up my dealer and he confirmed that Ford HQ phoned him in the morning and also confirmed this. sh*t, this is too long......another 8 weeks+ to go. Seems there is huge order backlog due to its popularity. I hope its worth the wait, as I cant sleep at night.........It better be here before my birthday in beginning July........or I'll be really mad....... :holiday: dutchie PS I did not even order the Luxury pack except for Sunroof, SSS and Premium Sound!!!
  20. Thanks Geea...........at least someone responded....that's a great price....... I even went to 5 different dealers over the same weekend.....prices ranged from around $49700 to as high as $56,000 here in Melbourne April 2004.......
  21. sh*t, did no-one purchase a car, or are they all hot !!!!!!!! Or is there some sort of Voodoo Curse where you resurrect Bombadores if you mention what you paid for your T??? I did not think this was such a big deal especially where a few have mentioned what they paid on other posts.........
  22. I ordered mine 4 weeks back and noticed numerous people mentioning what they paid. I paid $49,750 (this included on-road, dealer delivery etc) and came with the following spec's...... Blueprint, SSS, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Towpack, Mats, FPV $300 jacket, XR Scuffs,Rear Window Sunshade and a tank of petrol........ What did you pay? And which state did you purchase it from? cheers dutchie PS I will then have an alarm and tinted windows installed seperately.........
  23. Hi guys/gals (you never know) I was in the same position. I waited and waited.........started in December 2003, but decided to take the plunge and ordered it 4 weeks ago....... Should be ready in about 2 weeks. I was goingt o wait as well, but because of the great reviews and a mate having a 2002 model, I decided to go ahead and order it........normally, second generations are always more expensive. Especially since the series one is so bloody good. Sure it had initial teething problems but what car does'nt when it come out with a totally new look. Anyway, I ordered a sunroof, premium sounf, towpack, SSS, tint, alarm and the colour is Blueprint..........(easy people !!!) If you keep waiting, it will always change.......if you buy the series 2, you'll ask when the series 3 will come out.........just get it...... Anyway, there my views....... ciao dutchie
  24. dutchie

    Names

    Marcel...........but since I'm originally from Holland, all my friends call me dutchie (for obvious reasons).......... And in case anyone is wondering, I live in Melbourne and am an I.T database Manager for a large financial institution........
  25. Its not that I'm doing my research now.........its just the last fortnight more problem related forums have crept up..........got me thinking....but now I'm happy again, (I think)............ cheers dutchie
×
×
  • Create New...