Jump to content

Scruffman

Member
  • Posts

    256
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scruffman

  1. MissXR Has suggested to me that the 19th (sat) and 20th (sun) of June are available and provides a good seperation between events. If there isnt to many objections to these dates then we will pencil it in. I for way may be heading over to Penang on the 21st but I am unsure if it acutally a 20th flight but neways it just means I drive from bathurst home then train to airport. No prbs Wayne
  2. OH interesting. I thought those wheels looked diff when I look at the like two minutes ago. Hope you can get it all sorted out and at least get the standard wheels put back on. I never understand this sh*t. The wheels you had on your car cost money so why do you pay for a DOWNGRADE!!!, and you still dont get the orignal wheels that you have paid for in the purchase price. Thanks for the 500 bucks and heres a set of smaller wheels for your money and wheel just tkae these biggers ones of your hands for free! Wayne
  3. Id love to have them. BUt I think that I wouldn't get much benefit, and that $1700 is way to much to spend on some illumination. I'm for adding spotties to the front if you need more lights for a lot of country driving. But me ill stick with the standard. Wayne
  4. Vik, It reall ysucks that you buy so called factory options and it turns out that the factory doesnt install the option. It is whoever the local dealer is gettign teh biggest kick back from for giving htem the business. The tint guys I think are Workign at the dealers no stop but are still not part of the dealership and the alarm is fitted by another company. When I buy factory fitted I want a factory fitted and therefore known functioanl and factory repairable option. Not something that I have to take to ford hten they take it somewhere else. I think the car companies should fix this part of there service up. Anyways. Lets hope teh repair goes well No they dont touch all the time only when you like close the door hard. My kids dont know the meaning of soft so they bang it often. Wayne
  5. Economic Left/Right: -2.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59 IS this trend saying something abotu the cars we drive Wayne
  6. I do shift work and have done for the last 7 year now. On enight on the way home form work, 4am. I was driving like I normally do. LIke a bloody idiot but legal. Tkaing a round about at the full capacity of the car, you can get the picture. So this night I am turning from nuwara road onto the entrance to the m5. Th ecops where coming the other way. They did a quick turn around hte round about and pull me over. Guns drawn and aimed at me. One at the back left corner and the other stood beside the drive side rear door. Order me to throw my keys out of the car. Then my licence and what I was doing. Explained that I was driving home. They told me I was driving the car liek I had Stolen it . To this I reply I didnt think that I was illegal to go around a roundabout at that speed as I wasnt going over the posted 60km limit. After a while of talking and stuff the gave me back my keys and I was off. The most annoying part to me till this day is that Once they knew who I was adn that the car was in fact not stolen. They still treated me Like I had stolen it. The guy never stepped up to me window adn the other one never left teh back of the car with his gun drawn. WTF! OK be catious but then be friendly. Wayne
  7. OK here another side, Mother and 2 sons are at home. Both kids ( 26 and 31 ) took a test which they passed /failed I dunno that meant they are disabled. So mum now stays at home and claims a carers pension. While both the guys get a disability pension. They have Pay TV digital instatled, 2 networked PC's, XBOX, PS/2, PS1, DVD players in every room plus heaps of other entertainment thigies.. They eat well every day. So Why are tehy getting so much money from teh goverment for being at home and being bludgers. I have seen real diasabled people making an effort to work at burger king adn kmart. There is ajob for everyone to do. The goverment makes it way to easy for people to stay at home. I am not saying that there is people who shouldn't be able to get pensions or the dole etc. But there needs to be a limit on how much time that these things are available for. As well as an auditing process to track whats going on. 13 years old and have a baby OK mistakes happen. Have 2 and your pushing it. Three babies and WTF!!!. get someone else to help you free loader. It is obvious what the goverment is doing at present. There trying to boost the population with the baby bonuses so that in 20 years time there is a lot more people to pay tax. So tehy invest now in more tax in the future. This isnt a bad thing but the 1000 or so they wanna give aint gonna pay for someone to leave work for a year to care for a child. Get the people who can work into a job but cutting the dole down so it is only enough to live on. Period! Wayne
  8. Interseting Idea. I was going to drive down tehre anyways to inspect a property down there. I would be in depending on the timings as most poeple would say. Wayne
  9. So how many people here that read this have ever driven over the speed limit. People know the risks they are taking when they do things. Yes its illegal to speed, yes its illegal to modify your car outside of the EPA rules etc. Yes its illegal to do a lot of things in this life time. Do we still do them. HELL YEAH! People either worry about it now and don't do it, Or take a risk that they wont get caught. Maybe with EPA and pollution this may not be the "Green attitude" by I think people still fell they have a right to choose and if this breaks laws then so be it. Nobody is sticking their head in the sand, they are just taking risks. I am glady that these posts explain those risks in terms of laws but don't think that these explainations will change everyones mind of what they do. Some will some won't. I also beleive that its illegal to do the following. 1. Tape TV shows for later viewing. 2. Record Vinyl records to tape for playing in the car (old age showing) 3. All the copyright infringements people perform on thier PC's with games etc etc. People break laws. Good / bad I dunno. Laws are also set by the people and can be changed by the same people. 10 years ago could Gay couples get married. Now it is slowly spreading around the world as a norm. Smoking was good now its bad. The world changes from people rebelling the system, so maybe these car modders are still in protest to stupid laws. Goverments change there minds as well. I can easily think of injecting rooms here in Sydney as a fairly recent big change. Did the heroin users know they were breaking the law before. Yes they did. did they get in trouble yes they did. Did it stop them no it didnt. Oh well enough rambling. I hope you can see my point. Assuming I have one Happy car modding everyone. Do what you want. Know what laws you are breaking and be aware of the risks you are taking. then make a choice that you want. And yes Peter I know your prodcut is ADR compliant. Stop telling us. If I ever mod my car I will take that into consideration as well as a lot of other things that decide what I do in my life. Wayne
  10. Falc Well I guess one of the service guys is now driving around with them installed So have you actually checked the globes that are in your car? Are they really what they said they were putting in? Did the new globes make a noticable difference. I put new globbes in my bombodore a while back and couldnt really see that they where worth it. I think from memery they where 50/50's or something like that. Wayne
  11. Just got back from teh dealers. Yes they have cross threaded the cap. New cap installed and all is fine for the moment This is one of the good service reports from Ford on this forums. Drove in with no appointment. Darren comes looks at it. Walks around to spare parts. Gets the paperwork done adn gets a new cap, installs it, tests it. I sign the paper. Off I go. Even filled up the coolant for me as well. Couldnt be better Darren at Dale ford service is an awesome guy Wayne
  12. The car is like 1 month old! New cap. I hope they dont wear out that fast Wayne
  13. Been out driving. When I returned home take the required glance back over the shoulder to look at my beast sitting in the driveway. Notice some steam coming out form under the bonett. Pop the hood, water is bubbling out of the radiator overflow thingy. I have been noticing the smell of coolant since I had my last service done. I noticed earlier in the week that the cap was loose. When you try to do it up you can turn it so far then its loose again. Like its cross threaded. I thought that I was able to make it go on tight enough. Damn things says it can hold 120Kpa. Yeah right! Damn so now I got water spewing out into the engine bay and no way of making the damn cap go on. A trip to service tomorow to get something done me thinks. Wayne
  14. I was jsut thinking as well.... There is an alternative route that you can take from the three sisters that goes via the mountain edges or something. on teh way back to penrith. I dont think it goes to far before rejoining the main road but it would still be different. Perhaps we could fit this in on the way up or back depending on teh bells rd options of course. I have never driven this way across the mountains. Has anyone done this? whats it like? Wayne
  15. Scruffman

    New Ford Ads

    Yeah well they got to get rid of these units somehow. So why not give em away. I was gonna get the DVD player but for 3 grand id rather go aftermarket. Wayne
  16. My car took almost exactly 1 month to be delivred, this included being made at the factory. So if they are now saying 12 weeks then I must be the territory production as stated earlier. I even had a 3 day delay waiting for parts to arrive to finish my car at FPV. Bummer about the huge wait time. Wayne
  17. Bummer, Hope it all gets sorted for ya! Wayne
  18. Seems really wierd I thought the panels etc where computer and robot placed. Ahhh maybe MegaHard software company is running things down and it stuffs up all the time. I think I have some bubbles in my tint as well, but I will get these looked at in due course. Wayne
  19. Scruffman

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    Damn im way to slow!
  20. I was thinking of buying the Monaro only problem witht he car I see is that it only has 2 DOORS. And fords are heaps better anyway. So although the figures are close, why don't we try a lemans start and compare times then That my friends is that Wayne
  21. Well my beast is just been booked in for its first excursion to the panel shop On picking up my car I found 2 paint imperfections. After my first service I noticed that would I thought was a paint chip in the leading edge of the rear passsenger door was actually chipped off form the front door hitting it. Damn doors are to close together and touching when the door gets closed. So off it goes on the 24th May to get fixed up. Bummer they only got ford focus loaners!!! Oh well as long as it gets fixed adn ive meet the panel shop owner adn he seems nice enough. Maybe that's a bad thing Wayne
  22. Scruffman

    Roz Switzer

    hmmmm maybe something to do with how we fold our arms and which one is on top.... ummmmm So I would guess they are both right handed Ok ill shutup now Wayne
  23. OH so when are we startign a club. I will be invovled if people wish. Wayne
  24. I work with the treasurer of the HD/HR club of NSW. I asked him to need to know to run a club. This is his answer. 1. Rules.- Get another clubs rules make a few changes, there you got rules. 2. Incorporation - This is the key, an incorporated club can only be sued for its holdings in its bank and the individuals of the club are safe when issue of the club are being dealt with. 3. Bank account - We make a bank account for club money to be handled. 4. Insurance - This is not a expensive as you may think. There policy cost only $300 a year, it was $800 last year he said but they changed companies. 5. Committees and committee meetings - A good reason to cruise somewhere and have a gathering. And we have the meeting when we get there. . THere is a lot of people who would be on the committee. People think this will be a problem. But what will we have to argue about. EG This club will now only expect Phantom coloured Cars. Look it aint going ot happen. This is a fun car club people are happy, aren't we? Also I would like to say that people who think that it should only be 'T' club really should think about it. People who like fords in general may join. I would say that if we are having a cruise for example that people who dont own fords may come but they are to stay behind the group of "Fords". When driving in the group the NA's XR8 and XR6 all look the same baar the bonnets. Plus all the modded cards make them look diff anyways. I think that is you start to turn people away then membership will not be as high and this will have a bad effect on having a fun and easy going club. A club should be there to not only enjoy the car but to also promote the car so let people who like them come along and be involved as long as well al have fun. Fun is why I got the 'T' not to raise myself up above any other brand of car out there. Just my thoughts. And I reserve the right to change them Wayne
  25. Probably gonna get flamed but... I think Mundine is a good fighter. Yes he has a big mouth but until last night he has been having very convincing wins after his last worl title loss of course. I hope he hangs around to fight as he is after all australian and a good sports man. Ali had a big mouth and during his fighting days was treated as you are treating mundine. But how is Ali now. A national hero. Give the guy a break. He talks a lot and backs it up with his fist, everyone has there match in the end though. Wayne
×
×
  • Create New...